What's new

Cetrion - Too Much "Injustice"? Yes or No?

Is Cetrion too Much "Injustice"?

• Yes.

Votes: 157 54.7%
  • No.

Votes: 130 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
no way .... she looks majestic and at the same time, menacing .... like Raiden, who is a god that took human form in order to fight in MK, Cetrion , as a Elder Goddess, is way even more powerful, so, her look aspect and powers seems very OK to present her main representative aspect : a deity that controls the four elements (Earth, Wind, Fire and Water) , and that took human form in order to fight and help Earthrealm on MK11 ..... she is not super hero vibe, but Goddess vibe ! :D :eek:

Last edited:

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I wonder if in 15 years from now people will consider some 'new era brand new characters' as total mistakes in the same way we are considering 3D era now. If so, she seems like a good example for that statement. People be like 'Hey remember that freakin injusticy move thief with extremaly stupid fatality?' 'Yea. Good that she never comes back as Ed said on Twitter 3.0'

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Not a fan of her design.. Its like they got bits and pieces from a bunch of different characters and hastily made her..
Kotal, dvorah, geras, and other new characters have a better design imo..

Guys remember these are opinions so you dont have to get all but hurt when someone either likes or dislikes the character

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
I'm curious: What exactly is the definition of a MK character? What counts as MK and what doesn't?

Martial artists? Umm, from the get-go, those martial artists could defy gravity and fly through the air, teleport through space, turn invisible, freeze you with a touch, shoot energy balls from their hands...

MK also has mystical sorcerers who can steal souls and transmogrify their form. It has cyber super soldiers who fire bullets and rockets from hi-tech Iron Man-like bionic limbs. It has killer robots armed with advanced weaponry. It's got Wild West gunslingers. It's got four-armed monsters and monstrous centaurs.

What's already holding it together? MK is (over the top, slightly goofy) fantasy violence. That's it. Cetrion is FINE. People need to stop looking for random, stupid reasons to complain about something.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I don't even know what that even means. "An Injustice character" is so stupidly vague. An Injustice character means all of DC comics. And Cet doesn't look like a standard comic character, she looks like a fantasy character. Which is exactly what MK is all about. People tried to say Geras looked like an Injustice character too, for no reason other than "He has gold"

Fuck this dumb ass argument

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
She displays the fighting finesse and brutal power of a God. I think she's very Mortal Kombat. Why should a God simply electrocute someone when they can grow the size of a planet and vomit a death beam? There's bound to be similarities considering NRS makes Injustice. But I reckon Cetrion is the most exciting reveal we've had so far for MK11. I'd love to see her in Injustice 3.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Sorry but, she does look very injustice-ish. That's literally the first thing I thought of when I saw her and that was before I even saw her fatality. Sorry that not all of us fart rainbows over every little thing NRS does. I'm glad that some of you guys love her and hopefully over time (and via the story) I will like her too.

I've quite liked most of the characters up to this point and this is the first one that's a real miss for me and hell, her powers and abilities look amazing, they look fun to use (and like a pain to play against). That's great! Doesn't mean her look fits. It's very pretty, it's not like we're saying it's trash, I just don't think it looks very MK like.

I reckon Cetrion is the most exciting reveal we've had so far for MK11. I'd love to see her in Injustice 3.
In your opinion.

The most exciting for me was Noob.

Here is the real question.. Is it really a bad thing if she is "too injustice"? Crossover is often good. There are people playing only Mortal Kombat and people playing only Injustice. Characters like this definitely add to the game. You guys can't have "too many guns" and "character too different" at the same time. I am personally for this character. D'Vorah seems extremely odd and misplaced at first, but now she is very fitting. Hindsight is 20/20. Imagine if some characters were released now instead of before. Imagine how Injustice Shinnok would look had he been revealed for the first time today.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
She looks like an elder god.
Looks just as weird as Shinnok does.
Here is the real question.. Is it really a bad thing if she is "too injustice"? Crossover is often good. There are people playing only Mortal Kombat and people playing only Injustice. Characters like this definitely add to the game. You guys can't have "too many guns" and "character too different" at the same time. I am personally for this character. D'Vorah seems extremely odd and misplaced at first, but now she is very fitting. Hindsight is 20/20. Imagine if some characters were released now instead of before. Imagine how Injustice Shinnok would look had he been revealed for the first time today.
Shinnok's design isn't good either. Must run in the family.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I hope this doesn't completely cut off the chances of seing Rain and Fujin as DLC. I saw her freezing Jade in the trailer and we still have Sub and Frost.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
This right here. Cetrion "fitting" in MK is just a matter of time.
Look back at previous MK games newcomers, I'm pretty sure back in 95 many people shat on Kabal for looking too weird but now he's a klassic character.