What's new

Match-up Discussion Catwoman's top 3 Worst Matchups

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Maybe it's just me. But I'd rather deal with him in staff stance and his reduced mobility than put up with non stop wing dings. F'ing hate those kind of NW's.

Nightwing gets away with a lot of wingding shenanigans online, it's actually insanely punishable on block offline, and I don't think it even give much advantage on hit unless it's instant.

Staff stance just stops her from mounting anything. His J2 completely negates her Jump anything.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Nightwing gets away with a lot of wingding shenanigans online, it's actually insanely punishable on block offline, and I don't think it even give much advantage on hit unless it's instant.

Staff stance just stops her from mounting anything. His J2 completely negates her Jump anything.
I havn't tried it against someone off-line myself. That's reassuring if so as that's what makes me hate playing him with anyone that lacks air specials/mobility to stop that BS.

Reborn

Noob
1) Batman - good luck against his keepaway
2) Black Adam - probably my lack of MU knowledge more than anything but he gives me fits
3) Green Lantern - his low kick is so good and his zoning is problematic

Aquaman really isn't that hard of a MU. Spacing out j2 blows up his strong AA game and his trait is annoying but ending your strings with claws won't allow him to punish you. Plus his WU game is not that great. The big 3 (Grundy, Doomsday, and Bane) are a pain as well but some solid blocking will lead to holes in their game.

In my experiences, patient zoners are her weak area as you have to expect to take 20-30% in chip alone. I feel like CW has to take some big risks to get in, especially against Batman. That being said, one hit and 2-3 solid guesses is all you need to take down a life bar.

Midcarder_CT

PSN - Midcarder_CT
This is interesting in the fact that ALOT of different names have come up.....I would have to hear just cause from a Batgirl main though as to why this matchup isn't lopsided....

webreg

Noob
No particular order

1. Green Lantern
2. Black Adam
3. Death Stroke

Aquaman and Sinestro are also a pain but I have not met any great players of them, merely good ones and it was problematic. Anyway, there are too many matchups that at least feel bad that I have lost a bit of my enthusiasm for playing CW. I just think of the other characters I play and how much easier they have it.

Justice

Noob
Aquaman. His trait and godly AA take her out of her comfort zone.
Deathstroke. Even after this "nerf", low gun spam prevent Selina from getting in on the ground.
Sinestro. Catwoman can't play her game at all vs him. Just ask AK Pig Of The Hut how bad this matchup is for her.

Will go into more detail later. On my way to an appointment right now.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Superman
Green lantern ( green lantern light which absolutely make no sense because no ring in movie or comic books he can grab you like dark vaider by using the force)

Midcarder_CT

PSN - Midcarder_CT
Aquaman. His trait and godly AA take her out of her comfort zone.
Deathstroke. Even after this "nerf", low gun spam prevent Selina from getting in on the ground.
Sinestro. Catwoman can't play her game at all vs him. Just ask AK Pig Of The Hut how bad this matchup is for her.

Will go into more detail later. On my way to an appointment right now.
I am having that discussion with Pig right now about why it IS a bad matchup for Sinestro

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Why people said Wonder Woman? :confused:
For me her top 3 worst match ups are...
1. Batman
2. Black Adam
3. Nightwing/Green Lantern

In bad mentions... Aquaman, Deathstroke and Hawkgirl(i main both) could be a pain in the ass

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
With Batgirl it is a 5-5 S: she can actually evade her projectiles, she can MB Cat dash on reaction, she doesn't have air moves to be punished by her teleport, if Batgirl teleports hoping for it to hit it would be dumb af! Actually the only thing that makes this match up a 5-5 is Batgirl's vortex, that's all

CRUM

Noob
A lot of people having trouble with batman? I mean, I lose to a fair share of them, but they definitely aren't one of my worst matchups. I just push block a lot and try to work for frequent knockdowns. He's got an extremely weak wakeup game so I like to cross them up often.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
A lot of people having trouble with batman? I mean, I lose to a fair share of them, but they definitely aren't one of my worst matchups. I just push block a lot and try to work for frequent knockdowns. He's got an extremely weak wakeup game so I like to cross them up often.
The main problem is his zoning breaks armor. With his bats he has a lot of mixup and crossup potential up close. The only thing keeping the match viable imo is his poor wakeup game, which admittedly is a huge thing for CW.

CRUM

Noob
The main problem is his zoning breaks armor. With his bats he has a lot of mixup and crossup potential up close. The only thing keeping the match viable imo is his poor wakeup game, which admittedly is a huge thing for CW.
I think the long ranged sweep attack keeps the match very much competitive. If you can get outside of sweep range you can sweep the player (provided that they aren't blocking low) and go into pressure.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
This is interesting in the fact that ALOT of different names have come up.....I would have to hear just cause from a Batgirl main though as to why this matchup isn't lopsided....
Yeah, this match is definitely even for batgirl. Catwoman has excellent 40% punishes so you have to be very careful when you throw out teleport (as you should always be careful). Evade avoids both bola and batarangs (although not MB iirc). Catwoman can mb dasdh on reaction too (although has to be wary of multi-hit batarangs). Batgirl can't air to air catwoman's j2 and her best bet is to read the jump and teleport punish. After a knockdown, batgirl has 3 main wake up options all of which can be blocked the same way (except mix up cartwheel) and can be punished with her f1. Without batgirl's vortex and her corner damage, she'd struggle imensly in this matchup. As it stands, this mu sits comfortably at 5-5.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I think the long ranged sweep attack keeps the match very much competitive. If you can get outside of sweep range you can sweep the player (provided that they aren't blocking low) and go into pressure.
That move is hella punishable and only works because no one knows that she has it yet lol.

Batman's zoning is imo the toughest for her to overcome. Once you get in his face he can b23 and safely be out again. MB B3 works if you have meter but that is situational. With bats and batarangs it makes it a pain in the ass to get in fullscreen, and also makes j2 useless(you just trade with the bat, removing any followups after the j2). His up close game is quite good as he can cross you up for free if he has three bats, has a low/overhead string that is tough to block. If he gets you in a combo you can consider 40% gone and you are at fullscreen again.

It is 4-6 only because once you get the knockdown you can go to town, but getting that knockdown is going to be really really tough if the bat player knows what they are doing.

HandySavage

the bop slow mannn. @HandySavageKH - twitter
I play batgirl and at high level vs cat woman is a 5 5. Very even match up. Catwoman has bigger problems.against the god tier as most are saying

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Has anyone in this thread been to any US/UK majors maining Catwoman?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2