What's new

Match-up Discussion Catwoman's top 3 Worst Matchups

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Aquaman and anyone that can deploy armor,( Lex, doomsday,grundy and bane). After the patch, I dont think you can evade banes charge anymore, which now lets him get in pretty free. Doomsday gives me fits but people say he is easy, I dont know how.

I think batman is more problematic than superman.

So my 3 are:
1. Aquaman
2. Batman
3. Lex

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
To me this is an easy one.

#1. Batgirl
#2.Wonderwoman
#3.Superman

Anyone agree?
Really? Batgirl? Why do you think so man I'm curious as I haven't played this mu much at all?

Btw, this thread would be way more productive and get much more attention if you edited you op to include reasoning and info behind your list.

Midcarder_CT

PSN - Midcarder_CT
Really? Batgirl? Why do you think so man I'm curious as I haven't played this mu much at all?

Btw, this thread would be way more productive and get much more attention if you edited you op to include reasoning and info behind your list.
#1 Batgirl - Because she can zone and has better pressure IMO than Catwoman. She also has great wakeups to stuff her vortex attempts.
#2. Wonderwoman - It is very tough to get in on Wonderwoman due to that lasso and her air dash.
#3. It is a toss up really between Batman, Superman & Black Adam....Batman because his bats can really stuff Catwoman's pressure attempts. Superman because he has great zoning abilities and can bait a b3 for lots of damage. Black Adam because...wel....he's Black Adam.

Midcarder_CT

PSN - Midcarder_CT
Yep

Her worst is by far Aquaman. He was made to counter her essentially.

As far as others go batman and black adam would be up there
See I just don't see where Aquaman is all that great vs Catwoman...I have faced alot of good Aquaman's and never had a problem.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So far I think Green Lantern and Aquaman are among the worst. Both blow her up for jumping and have insanely good footsies. I don't know how you can get any kind of game going against them. Just punish mistakes or get lucky and hope you get the vortex going.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I would think Aquaman is just a turd to fight with CW. His trait nullifies any punish you hope to have.
It is bad. Really bad.

See I just don't see where Aquaman is all that great vs Catwoman...I have faced alot of good Aquaman's and never had a problem.
Then you are facing bad Aqua's. His trait nullifies the most basic aspect of catwoman's game, the 50/50. He outdamages her by a good margin, can AA her with ease, and has a great 50/50 game of his own. His combos can put you in whatever position he wants. The only saving grace in this MU is that his wakeup game is sub-par, but with his trait you will rarely if ever knock him down.

I've played this MU hundreds of times offline and trust me, it is tough.

Midcarder_CT

PSN - Midcarder_CT
It is bad. Really bad.

Then you are facing bad Aqua's. His trait nullifies the most basic aspect of catwoman's game, the 50/50. He outdamages her by a good margin, can AA her with ease, and has a great 50/50 game of his own. His combos can put you in whatever position he wants. The only saving grace in this MU is that his wakeup game is sub-par, but with his trait you will rarely if ever knock him down.

I've played this MU hundreds of times offline and trust me, it is tough.
Well point me to a good Aqua and I would be glad to change my opinion lol.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
GGA 16 Bit
What is this Vortex you speak of? I thought after they buffed the wake up system, her vortex diminished?

For me it's the aerial bitches:
1.) Black Adam
2.) HawkGirl
3.)Green Lantern/Aquaman/ Deathstroke

From what I know I'd say Aquaman, Batman & maybe throw Bane in there.
I've played Marvaz Green Lantern & it's alright ..annoying match but not that bad

Midcarder_CT

PSN - Midcarder_CT
GGA 16 Bit
What is this Vortex you speak of? I thought after they buffed the wake up system, her vortex diminished?

For me it's the aerial bitches:
1.) Black Adam
2.) HawkGirl
3.)Green Lantern/Aquaman/ Deathstroke
I think the Hawkgirl, Catwoman matchup isnt TOO bad. So much of a patient matchup for CW

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Catwoman is def. an Oki monster. When players stop trying to use her safe jump stuff and just dare someone to use wakeup .... whooooo boy.

Her problem is she doesn't have the "Flash-esque" get in for a bar and be at advantage move.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Catwoman is def. an Oki monster. When players stop trying to use her safe jump stuff and just dare someone to use wakeup .... whooooo boy.

Her problem is she doesn't have the "Flash-esque" get in for a bar and be at advantage move.
Problem is if you bait a wakeup you allow the opponent to just backdash. You also have people like KF whose wakeup is safe.

You just gotta know MUs with her, against Batman a knockdown can be a blessing.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I don't feel Aquaman is a big threat. I also have a better way to approach GL, but I need to test it against Denzel tomorrow.

Her worst match-up is by far Batman. There is an easy fix to this too, and I will make a video before the next patch.(keep in mind, she will still lose to him. But it wont be 7-3.)

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Nightwing dismantles catwoman. Staff stance fucking destroys her. She can't jump, she can't poke after anything, and if I bait a catdash, I get at least 30%
Maybe it's just me. But I'd rather deal with him in staff stance and his reduced mobility than put up with non stop wing dings. F'ing hate those kind of NW's.