What's new

Match Footage Catwoman: Video Thread!

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
I messed around a little bit in practice mode and this combo is pretty good. But it's hard to land for me so I tried something else.
Starting with B+1, 2, D+3 like you said and after the B+3 I did jump 2, 112, DD3, 3 for 36%.

Problem is just that it is clashable of course, but a lot easier to do for me. I feel like I couldn't do the combo you posted in an online match.
You can also do jump 3 instead of 2 for 38%.

Every character has a B3 and F3 charge move. B3 is a wall bounce, while F3 is an overhead pop up move.

Most of these are actually plus on block, but character dependent, and can be used and even meterburned in combos. Catwoman is actually negative unlike many characters, however only by -1 on her F3, and -3 on her B3 which makes it still good, and even better considering what the moves do to her hitbox.
The lowering of her hitbox is something I'm starring to toy with. It looks like there are a number of character specific strategies to use b3 to cause wiffs.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?

Here are my top 4 videos from Godlike Saturdays last weekend against PPJ's Hawkgirl and Wafflez' Green Lantern.

Only watched the Hawkgirl one right now. You got better as you went. You can optimize some of your combo's a little better, but I'm sure you know that already. You adapted really well to PPJ's playstyle after the first game, nice job.

Another thing I note is just a different style of play you and I have - on the 2nd life bar, I do everything in my power to do combos that become unclashable after the first or second hit (Catdash being the 2nd hit) so that my opponent has to be expecting to be combo'd in order to clash it. once I hit with MB catdash or normal (if grounded already) then I do the B3,F3,F3 ender every time. I try to get my opponent to stockpile their meter at 4 bars so that they end up wasting meter most of the round (ideally all of it) because they're sitting on 4 bars waiting for a clash opportunity that never comes.

In this scenario vs PPJ, he likes to clash immediately, so your strat works well against him. I have a feeling that the mentality of doing unclashable setups only on the 2nd life bar would do better vs a player like Reo who doesn't clash immediately and will save his meter until he either needs to clash or an opportunity arises to deal tons of damage with the extra meter he's saved, proceeding to use the Clash as a means to reset the spacing in a match.

If that makes sense.

Hope it helps.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yeah I know my combos are not the best. Sometimes I like to stick to meterless and other times I just don't have optimal combos. I am not a combo guy, I never was with Kitana either. I only change my BNB to higher damaging combos if they're easy and I can do them 100% of the time in tournament.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Yeah I know my combos are not the best. Sometimes I like to stick to meterless and other times I just don't have optimal combos. I am not a combo guy, I never was with Kitana either. I only change my BNB to higher damaging combos if they're easy and I can do them 100% of the time in tournament.

I hear ya. Try out doing almost-entirely unclashable combos on the 2nd health bar on people, see how it works for you. It takes just a little adjusting, trying to get that MB catdash/regular catdash off ASAP so that you can go into B3,F3,F3. Land the 2nd F3 for both hits and you can run up and do the simple (but effective) 50/50 of: throw vs MB B3 or F3.

I found it to be effective. But I also stopped playing about 2 months ago, so I'd be interested in hearing if it works on the level of players you fight.

Carlos Toxic_Nut Rodney

Shuffle_Jigzaw
Ok...so these sets are against Dan Cock and my friend Andrew (Akromaniac27). Keep in mind that I'm still adjusting to the controls of the game and still trying to feel comfortable with Selena. With that said, I'm finding myself losing patience against players who are constantly retreating/zoning. What are ways you guys use to get in? I'm still in the very beginning stages of my CatWoman...how would you guys have handled these matches?
Id love to show u what i kno if your still having issues (feel like by now you should be doin a bit better. ive had to deal witht the hold back and zone ppl too. ive found a way to beat em though