What's new

Tech Catwoman new Tech, New Moves, refine resets, and strategies

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Just try out the reset before you judge please. Do I have to post a live footage of me playing so you can understand how it can be safe and how the reset is not readable

I would love to see live footage. Please post this so we can all get a sense of where you're coming from and see it in action.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
This. All this.

I'm convinced Ra Helios's opponents are not on the same level that this site is dedicated to. His opponents are letting him get away with a bunch of nonsense according to his string of posts.

That said, I commend your abilities with finding optimal combo damage, Ra Helios. It's good stuff. Your strategies, though, while in some ways valid, will not work at the highest level of tournament play. You will never see [insert top player name here] purposefully drop a 40-50% combo punish into a hard knockdown with [insert character here] in the hopes of getting 10% more damage. It just won't happen, because the cons greatly outweigh the pros.
R u talking about resets can't work with high level play? Or combos I rarely drop combos dude

Reborn

Noob
All I'm doing is sharing in idea. That is it. I'm not telling ya do it. It is a option for you. In tournament play at Evo I see flash doing alot of overhead resets similar to catwoman. Scorpion teleportation resets mix up. But I'm just showing ideas is all you don't have to do them if you don't want to.

Hard knock downs you will have to teach me about that because I do it sometimes but what is the purpose all your opponent have to do I's wake up . Soo? Yeah. I understand frames a little bit now. All i know good frames with catwoman. What to use. But hard knock down like the 1,2 don't understand the purpose. I'm ready to learn I'f anybody can teach me
Yeah I understand that you are just throwing out ideas which is great! I don't want to discourage you from continuing to throw out ideas because it has lead to more damaging combos and lots of tech that I would not have found out otherwise.

What we are discussing is if this tech in particular is worth doing in a match. Normally I would say no but who am I to tell you what to do. The only thing I could propose is if your opponent has 60% health and you get a hit. If you land a combo it would probably do ~30-50% which is clearly not enough. With this reset you could definitely catch someone off guard and get that extra damage to win the round without another mixup. In this case, it would be high risk/high reward. In most circumstances I don't think it is the smartest play but that is just for my humble opinion.

As for hard knockdowns... long story short you knock you opponent down with specific moves that will not allow your opponent to roll on wakeup. Universally, d3 is a HKD but what makes Catwoman so dangerous is that she has multiple moves that end with a HKD. These include: 1f2, f3 (2 hit at the end of combos), 122, low whip, d3. Ending your combos with one of these attacks takes away your opponent's option of rolling on wakeup so now they have to either WU with an attack, back dash, or do nothing (just block). For example if they block, you can either use f1 or b1 so they have a 50/50 chance of getting hit or not. If they wakeup with an attack, it will beat your attack (with a few exceptions) but you can either block punish (if WU is unsafe) or get it to wiff and punish accordingly. It is still just a giant guessing game but is scary for your opponent because a wrong guess leads to another giant combo for them to eat.

This concept can be confusing without any video examples to demonstrate so if you would like, feel free to add me on XBL (Reborn SOARZ) and I can break it down for you in online training.

EDIT: The reset is not readable and we all understand that. What makes THIS reset different from a Batgirl or Scorpion reset is that it comes at the beginning of the combo instead of at the very end. Their resets are worth doing because regardless of if you block it or not, they have already done 30-40% damage. If they block your reset, you only come away with about 10%.

Ninj

R u talking about resets can't work with high level play? Or combos I rarely drop combos dude

I have no doubt you're awesome man. These aren't resets, they're mixups. Yes they reset the damage/combo counter but that doesn't make them a reset.

These mixups don't make sense in high level play, because as Treadmill stated before you're dropping a guaranteed 40-50% for the 50% chance of hitting another ~10% damage.

Ra Helios

Yeah I understand that you are just throwing out ideas which is great! I don't want to discourage you from continuing to throw out ideas because it has lead to more damaging combos and lots of tech that I would not have found out otherwise.

What we are discussing is if this tech in particular is worth doing in a match. Normally I would say no but who am I to tell you what to do. The only thing I could propose is if your opponent has 60% health and you get a hit. If you land a combo it would probably do ~30-50% which is clearly not enough. With this reset you could definitely catch someone off guard and get that extra damage to win the round without another mixup. In this case, it would be high risk/high reward. In most circumstances I don't think it is the smartest play but that is just for my humble opinion.

As for hard knockdowns... long story short you knock you opponent down with specific moves that will not allow your opponent to roll on wakeup. Universally, d3 is a HKD but what makes Catwoman so dangerous is that she has multiple moves that end with a HKD. These include: 1f2, f3 (2 hit at the end of combos), 122, low whip, d3. Ending your combos with one of these attacks takes away your opponent's option of rolling on wakeup so now they have to either WU with an attack, back dash, or do nothing (just block). For example if they block, you can either use f1 or b1 so they have a 50/50 chance of getting hit or not. If they wakeup with an attack, it will beat your attack (with a few exceptions) but you can either block punish (if WU is unsafe) or get it to wiff and punish accordingly. It is still just a giant guessing game but is scary for your opponent because a wrong guess leads to another giant combo for them to eat.

This concept can be confusing without any video examples to demonstrate so if you would like, feel free to add me on XBL (Reborn SOARZ) and I can break it down for you in online training.

EDIT: The reset is not readable and we all understand that. What makes THIS reset different from a Batgirl or Scorpion reset is that it comes at the beginning of the combo instead of at the very end. Their resets are worth doing because regardless of if you block it or not, they have already done 30-40% damage. If they block your reset, you only come away with about 10%.
First of all before i keep reading what is WU And HKD

Ra Helios

I have no doubt you're awesome man. These aren't resets, they're mixups. Yes they reset the damage/combo counter but that doesn't make them a reset.

These mixups don't make sense in high level play, because as Treadmill stated before you're dropping a guaranteed 40-50% for the 50% chance of hitting another ~10% damage.
The community is quite confusing dude. Mix up or resets I just want to give people idea what can catwoman can do. Before I went on here they said it a reset l. Came on test your might it called a mix up. I honestly don't care. All I want is to share a idea is all. But thanks

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What characters can't you get pressure off a HKD? If they wakeup with something you can wiff punish, if they decide to do nothing then you get a free high/low mixup.
Yes but what if they dont wakeup with something? Then they back away and zone you again. People tend to forget that Catwoman has to make just as much of a guess as her opponent on her own knockdown.

Also there are some wakeups that have fast recovery and cannot be punished, like Zod's phantom strike.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Ra Helios,

Your combos with the Dash Whiff are always good. No one can take that away from you.

But are you really coming into this forum 4 months into the game to tell us that D1 Claws is new tech? And you're still going on about the "resets" of dropping a combo starter into a 50/50? You gotta stop this. These are not resets. This is not tech, nor strategy.

Ra Helios

Ra Helios,

Your combos with the Dash Whiff are always good. No one can take that away from you.

But are you really coming into this forum 4 months into the game to tell us that D1 Claws is new tech? And you're still going on about the "resets" of dropping a combo starter into a 50/50? You gotta stop this. These are not resets. This is not tech, nor strategy.

The strAtegy is the catdash mb air trap. I pushing my reset so people can explore. This is the last time I will push it. D1 is not a new tech but a lot of character I ply that uses catwoman don't really use it. So I'm bringing it back to life saying use it. It will punish your opponents. Thank you. I try my best to improve the catwoman community by giving out new ideas and combos

MK_Al

Noob
D1 cat claws is her fastest punisher, which makes it better for that purpose

D2 is not a good anti air. It gets beat by a ridiculous amount of jump ins. She has no true reliable AA, and tbh the EX catdash thing is a pretty good idea

Well I do understand that a 6f move is faster than a 14f move :) but I hardly have the problem of being d1ed after a jump in, and I'm not quite convinced that is't even possible to do so after a well timed j1 b12x3. I'll definitely explore this.
I agree that her d2 is not that great of an anti air, but worst case is both player get hit, still breaking the pressure, best case you get a small combo, and in any way I do get to safe my meter. However, I don't doubt that EX catdash is a viable anti air, I used to do this a lot before the d2 buff.

Well I do understand that a 6f move is faster than a 14f move :) but I hardly have the problem of being d1ed after a jump in, and I'm not quite convinced that is't even possible to do so after a well timed j1 b12x3. I'll definitely explore this.
I agree that her d2 is not that great of an anti air, but worst case is both player get hit, still breaking the pressure, best case you get a small combo, and in any way I do get to safe my meter. However, I don't doubt that EX catdash is a viable anti air, I used to do this a lot before the d2 buff.
People d1 me all the time after a ji

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
So Catwoman essentially has a standing Flash like vortex. Tbh it has hit me once before but that's mainly because i was holding the controller looking away from the screen salty. Its not as difficult to confirm off catwomans strings as Flash's d1,2 online and she actually gets damage metreless unlike him which is why The Flash does it in the first place.

new tech= d1 cat claws

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Anyone can D1 you after you blocked jump in. If there d1 is faster you get punished, if your d1 and their d1 is the same # of frames, you trade. If your d1 is faster you punish. To avoid this altogether, you have to space your jump 2 so that even if they block it they can't hit you and if they attempt to hit you you punish with f1. This is part of catwoman's limited footsies game.

With respect to reset ... You know what? did the same to the last tournament I played (you know what I mean, I showed the video). After much thought and chat with people on this forum, I decided to drop this tool. Can be a psychological blow to the opponent if you connect the all the "resets" to try. But if you plug them takes you to defeat.
This was my experience with this tech.

With the "d1 ~ catclaws crossup" I have a question... if your opponent does d1 or d2; hit you or you hit it before? (I'll test it just comes to my house). If you strike before any d1, this can be very interesting.

I hope you understand my "English"

Big Hug!

Midcarder_CT

PSN - Midcarder_CT
I'm not sure how much damage this strings as I don't use it often and I'm not at my PS right now but what about b12d3-MBf3. Delay the MBf3 JUST enough to get the reset. I'm sure someone has done this before.....how good is the damage potential if this is connected? Someone try it out and let me know..

Ninj

With respect to reset ... You know what? did the same to the last tournament I played (you know what I mean, I showed the video). After much thought and chat with people on this forum, I decided to drop this tool. Can be a psychological blow to the opponent if you connect the all the "resets" to try. But if you plug them takes you to defeat.

With the "d1 ~ catclaws crossup" I have a question... if your opponent does d1 or d2; hit you or you hit it before? (I'll test it just comes to my house). If you strike before any d1, this can be very interesting.

Big Hug!

Tanosergio, you should post videos of your gameplay whenever you can in this forum. I think Under_The_Mayo and RunwayMafia and GGA 16 Bit would be interested in seeing it.

Ra Helios

Big Hug!

Big Hug!
lly when you do the poke game your opponent hits you with the d1 all time. From wha I experience. When I play with other catwoman they use d2. When you poke your opponent you can use catclaw and do a nice combo with it. When your opponent you can also poke back at the same time I experience this alot with people spamming hawk girl d1. Once you have the opportunity to poke you can catclaw and do the combo. Especially when you j1 and your opponent block and you hit him low while he hit you high then catclaw combo. Did I answer your question

lly when you do the poke game your opponent hits you with the d1 all time. From wha I experience. When I play with other catwoman they use d2. When you poke your opponent you can use catclaw and do a nice combo with it. When your opponent you can also poke back at the same time I experience this alot with people spamming hawk girl d1. Once you have the opportunity to poke you can catclaw and do the combo. Especially when you j1 and your opponent block and you hit him low while he hit you high then catclaw combo. Did I answer your question
emmm.... i don't know xD
My question is to simple... situation: Catwoman jump crossup with 1, the opponent block. so, Catwoman does d1, and the opponent do d1 or d2... who hit first?

webreg

Noob
Just try out the reset before you judge please. Do I have to post a live footage of me playing so you can understand how it can be safe and how the reset is not readable
Doesn't even understand the basics of the game yet goes on to insult well known tournament players that usually know what they are talking about. Dropping combos after an initial three hit string with no special attached is now a useful reset? D1 into a special launcher is new tech? That's just sad.

webreg

Noob
I feel the problem we have is that there seems to be no accepted terminology for these kind of things. What is a reset for example? Some people use this for damage resets in ongoing combos others use it for dropping combos to reset the opponent into a new mixup situation. Then some people say a mixup reset is only a reset if it is guaranteed, meaning that the opponent has no choice but to block or spend resources to get out of it. Some say a reset needs to reset the aerial state of an opponent to a standing state to avoid wakeup situations. I feel like a lot of unnecessary discussions in these forums here could be avoided to have a commonly accepted TYM dictionary.

Ra Helios

Doesn't even understand the basics of the game yet goes on to insult well known tournament players that usually know what they are talking about. Dropping combos after an initial three hit string with no special attached is now a useful reset? D1 into a special launcher is new tech? That's just sad.
How in I insulting top playing people. You know what I'm going to control my anger from this ignorant statement because it foolishness. I have been in a tournament and I didn't even drop one combo because of practice. D1 situation thing. I already answer that question already. How about you read people comments before answering that d1 question please

Ra Helios

emmm.... i don't know xD
My question is to simple... situation: Catwoman jump crossup with 1, the opponent block. so, Catwoman does d1, and the opponent do d1 or d2... who hit first?
You will hit first I think. You know I never pay attention to it really. But all I know is usually when you block a j1 your opponent hit you with the d1 first. You know what how About you test it. Because I'm going to test it out right now. Can you d1 when your opponent j1 crossover and you block it and do a d1

Ra Helios

Screw the reset I'm off that topic.