What's new

Tech Catwoman new Tech, New Moves, refine resets, and strategies

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I wish I could change the title it suppose to say at the end. Catdash MB air trap

MK_Al

Noob
Nice effort and nice combos!
Though some slight criticism:

- d1 xx bf1 is by all means no new tech. Even after jump in. I also don't quite see the use, since b12d3 is also a low starter and leads to higher damage.

- The EX bf2 anti air is no new tech as well. I'm sure its viable, but I personally would rather go for d2 -> meterless combo, since I need her meter for punishing projectiles or reset my opponent after b3, f3. Using this "tech" might be a MU question.

- I don't quite get the "reset" at the end of your vid, so maybe you could try to explain it to me. The way I understand it you have enough HA to go into b12d3, and then cancel into bf1? If so, I'd rather call this a mindgame, since CW is -3 after b12d3 and you might catch some opponents off guard. But beware, I believe some opponents can reversal super between a blocked b12d3 and xx bf1.

- I didn't know that b2 combos after j2. Thats really good to know

Ra Helios

- d1 xx bf1 is by all means no new tech. Even after jump in. I also don't quite see the use, since b12d3 is also a low starter and leads to higher damage.

- The EX bf2 anti air is no new tech as well. I'm sure its viable, but I personally would rather go for d2 -> meterless combo, since I need her meter for punishing projectiles or reset my opponent after b3, f3. Using this "tech" might be a MU question.

- I don't quite get the "reset" at the end of your vid, so maybe you could try to explain it to me. The way I understand it you have enough HA to go into b12d3, and then cancel into bf1? If so, I'd rather call this a mindgame, since CW is -3 after b12d3 and you might catch some opponents off guard. But beware, I believe some opponents can reversal super between a blocked b12d3 and xx bf1.

(1.) Reset

Sure F1,2,2 or b1,2,3 staggers your opponent for 3 second giving you the opportunity to do the mix up reset. Now your opponent have to guess which move you are about to do. A overhead or a low, mid etc. So its a 50/50. If he guess right in order to be safe you have to end the block combo with a catclaw. if your opponent guess wrong then he's going to get hit with high damage. once you connect the f1,2,2 and your opponent staggers you can give him the mix up reset of his life time by doing these. b1,2,2 f1,2,2 or b2. you get it? the reset only works when you hit your opponent first then do the reset. the only thing your opponent can do is block.

(2.)Poke

Not the anti air is the new tech. it is the poke. where you poke your opponent and combo off of it. that is the new tech but if you prefer to use the d2. go for it. :)

Trying to reset your opponent by dropping 30% damage on the hopes of re opening them up to net an extra 10% roughly is a bad idea. Take your damage into a hard knock down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Ra Helios

Trying to reset your opponent by dropping 30% damage on the hopes of re opening them up to net an extra 10% roughly is a bad idea. Take your damage into a hard knock down.

You don't get 30% if you connect the resets you get a total of 55% or more. Hard knock down is ok but I rather do a reset because it will be safe by using the catclaw. Plus the knock down people can just wake up out of it and harm you. These resets don't harm you. It's safe. The one with the batman poke. You can do a different reset and it will be 100% safe by 1,1 or f1,2,2. B1,2,3 is not that risky. you opponent if use batman will not realize it. only batman i know can poke it out but the rest of the cast no.

Ra Helios

That 30 percent is something I give you a idea if you keep watching I give high combos by doing resets. I hope you understand if not i break it to you some more

You don't get 30% if you connect the resets you get a total of 55% or more. Hard knock down is ok but I rather do a reset because it will be safe by using the catclaw. Plus the knock down people can just wake up out of it and harm you. These resets don't harm you. It's safe. The one with the batman poke. You can do a different reset and it will be 100% safe by 1,1 or f1,2,2. B1,2,3 is not that risky. you opponent if use batman will not realize it. only batman i know can poke it out but the rest of the cast no.
You dont understand. I understand the potential damage. But you act like it's guaranteed. It's not. Anyone worth a damn won't be fooled twice by this. Dropping a combo in the first 3 hits with the hopes of getting another one is foolish. Take your 30-40% instead of potentially losing all that damage just to do another 50/50.

Ra Helios

You dont understand. I understand the potential damage. But you act like it's guaranteed. It's not. Anyone worth a damn won't be fooled twice by this. Dropping a combo in the first 3 hits with the hopes of getting another one is foolish. Take your 30-40% instead of potentially losing all that damage just to do another 50/50.

I'm yea they will give you another example

J2 b1,2,3 reset b1,2,3 combo potential 49% damage. Ok your opponent now is on to you. J2 b1,2,3 reset f1,2,2 combo potential 49 or more damage. Your opponent is confuse which reset will come. J2 b1,2,3 resetf1,2,2 combo percentage 49%. The opponent expect the b1,2,3 again. It works. Sorry you can't talk what you don't know. All I can say is try it out. It works 89 percent of the time for me.

Ra Helios

Sorry I don't post something that is not worth while. My post is worth while and a killer!!!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

I agree. Makes no sense to me either.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
For the D1 poke tech. I get why you do it cause I used to do it alot and its actually my go to punish for blocked jump ins but another way to deal with your opponent mashing D1 on your jump ins is to space your jump in. You want to jump in with J2 so that if its blocked you land just outside d1 range so that you can punish D1 with your overhead combo. The reason for this is because your D1 will trade with other d1 and lose to faster d1s. Also, I tend to use trait in combo only to get damage on combos where I dont have meter to burn which can happen alot with catwomen when you get on a roll or save bar to counter clashes.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Ok, that was amazing. I had no idea she could get damage like that, I think I just saw my new use for her trait outside of a wake up lol

Great job :)

Ra Helios

You dont understand. I understand the potential damage. But you act like it's guaranteed. It's not. Anyone worth a damn won't be fooled twice by this. Dropping a combo in the first 3 hits with the hopes of

getting another one is foolish. Take your 30-40% instead of potentially losing all that damage just to do another 50/50.

Lets say if your opponent do block it. Use the catclaw and it will be safe.

Ra Helios

Just try out the reset before you judge please. Do I have to post a live footage of me playing so you can understand how it can be safe and how the reset is not readable

Ra Helios

I understand what u r saying why not do the combo instead of doing a 50/50 reset which is not garanteed. The reason for it for me to do more damage and confuse my opponent in the process. Even if I do the reset and get block. he will mess up later on because he don't know what mix up to expect. Just try it

Reborn

Noob
Lets say if your opponent do block it. Use the catclaw and it will be safe.
The problem isn't whether it is safe or not, the problem is that you are sacrificing a bunch of damage.
With your reset, only ~10% damage is guaranteed with a hit. If you do get your reset, then your reward for the reset was only the 10% damage extra that you risked initially. You are gambling 30-40% damage for an extra 10%. I am a gambling man and even I don't like those odds.

That being said, combos were nice (j3 combos is about as optimal as I can think of). Also good to know that b2 combos after jump ins.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

D1 cat claws is her fastest punisher, which makes it better for that purpose

D2 is not a good anti air. It gets beat by a ridiculous amount of jump ins. She has no true reliable AA, and tbh the EX catdash thing is a pretty good idea

Ra Helios

The problem isn't whether it is safe or not, the problem is that you are sacrificing a bunch of damage.
With your reset, only ~10% damage is guaranteed with a hit. If you do get your reset, then your reward for the reset was only the 10% damage extra that you risked initially. You are gambling 30-40% damage for an extra 10%. I am a gambling man and even I don't like those odds.
Try it . You don't have to.im just giving some awesome idea of my character that I use. Most of the time I do it. It's garanteed. Try it. U have the time.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?

That being said, combos were nice (j3 combos is about as optimal as I can think of). Also good to know that b2 combos after jump ins.

This. All this.

I'm convinced Ra Helios's opponents are not on the same level that this site is dedicated to. His opponents are letting him get away with a bunch of nonsense according to his string of posts.

That said, I commend your abilities with finding optimal combo damage, Ra Helios. It's good stuff. Your strategies, though, while in some ways valid, will not work at the highest level of tournament play. You will never see [insert top player name here] purposefully drop a 40-50% combo punish into a hard knockdown with [insert character here] in the hopes of getting 10% more damage. It just won't happen, because the cons greatly outweigh the pros.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
If it works for you, then keep doing it.

Also a lot of people keep talking about just getting your hard knockdown, but it is not like you can go into pressure off of a HKD with every character.

Reborn

Noob
If it works for you, then keep doing it.

Also a lot of people keep talking about just getting your hard knockdown, but it is not like you can go into pressure off of a HKD with every character.
What characters can't you get pressure off a HKD? If they wakeup with something you can wiff punish, if they decide to do nothing then you get a free high/low mixup.

Ra Helios

This. All this.

I'm convinced Ra Helios's opponents are not on the same level that this site is dedicated to. His opponents are letting him get away with a bunch of nonsense according to his string of posts.

That said, I commend your abilities with finding optimal combo damage, Ra Helios. It's good stuff. Your strategies, though, while in some ways valid, will not work at the highest level of tournament play. You will never see [insert top player name here] purposefully drop a 40-50% combo punish into a hard knockdown with [insert character here] in the hopes of getting 10% more damage. It just won't happen, because the cons greatly outweigh the pros.
This. All this.

All I'm doing is sharing in idea. That is it. I'm not telling ya do it. It is a option for you. In tournament play at Evo I see flash doing alot of overhead resets similar to catwoman. Scorpion teleportation resets mix up. But I'm just showing ideas is all you don't have to do them if you don't want to.

Hard knock downs you will have to teach me about that because I do it sometimes but what is the purpose all your opponent have to do I's wake up . Soo? Yeah. I understand frames a little bit now. All i know good frames with catwoman. What to use. But hard knock down like the 1,2 don't understand the purpose. I'm ready to learn I'f anybody can teach me