What's new

Tech Catwoman new Tech, New Moves, refine resets, and strategies

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Yeah I understand that you are just throwing out ideas which is great! I don't want to discourage you from continuing to throw out ideas because it has lead to more damaging combos and lots of tech that I would not have found out otherwise.

What we are discussing is if this tech in particular is worth doing in a match. Normally I would say no but who am I to tell you what to do. The only thing I could propose is if your opponent has 60% health and you get a hit. If you land a combo it would probably do ~30-50% which is clearly not enough. With this reset you could definitely catch someone off guard and get that extra damage to win the round without another mixup. In this case, it would be high risk/high reward. In most circumstances I don't think it is the smartest play but that is just for my humble opinion.

As for hard knockdowns... long story short you knock you opponent down with specific moves that will not allow your opponent to roll on wakeup. Universally, d3 is a HKD but what makes Catwoman so dangerous is that she has multiple moves that end with a HKD. These include: 1f2, f3 (2 hit at the end of combos), 122, low whip, d3. Ending your combos with one of these attacks takes away your opponent's option of rolling on wakeup so now they have to either WU with an attack, back dash, or do nothing (just block). For example if they block, you can either use f1 or b1 so they have a 50/50 chance of getting hit or not. If they wakeup with an attack, it will beat your attack (with a few exceptions) but you can either block punish (if WU is unsafe) or get it to wiff and punish accordingly. It is still just a giant guessing game but is scary for your opponent because a wrong guess leads to another giant combo for them to eat.

This concept can be confusing without any video examples to demonstrate so if you would like, feel free to add me on XBL (Reborn SOARZ) and I can break it down for you in online training.

EDIT: The reset is not readable and we all understand that. What makes THIS reset different from a Batgirl or Scorpion reset is that it comes at the beginning of the combo instead of at the very end. Their resets are worth doing because regardless of if you block it or not, they have already done 30-40% damage. If they block your reset, you only come away with about 10%.
The community is quite confusing dude. Mix up or resets I just want to give people idea what can catwoman can do. Before I went on here they said it a reset l. Came on test your might it called a mix up. I honestly don't care. All I want is to share a idea is all. But thanks
Alright I Add you. I already know about the f3 hard knock down. Sometimes I do it with the meter burn but you can't do it with black Adam because he has that invisible wake up shield that he does

Reborn

Noob
Alright I Add you. I already know about the f3 hard knock down. Sometimes I do it with the meter burn but you can't do it with black Adam because he has that invisible wake up shield that he does
There are a ton of tricks to beat out wake ups. Black Adam's lightning cage can actually be neutral jumped and punished (same with Green Lantern's lanterns might grab). There is honestly a way to get around any good wake up. Once you punish them for it, they have to respect you and start blocking on wake up. Your goal as Catwoman is to scare them from doing anything on wake up so you can get your high low mixups.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
There are a ton of tricks to beat out wake ups. Black Adam's lightning cage can actually be neutral jumped and punished (same with Green Lantern's lanterns might grab). There is honestly a way to get around any good wake up. Once you punish them for it, they have to respect you and start blocking on wake up. Your goal as Catwoman is to scare them from doing anything on wake up so you can get your high low mixups.
Yeah I know that jumping game wake up. But I'm trying to figure out a way to a hard knock down and doing a mix up with it