What's new

Catwoman MU Discussion

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
I don't even know if we lose to anyone. Hardest mu is wowo which I'm not sure I'd classify as 4-6.

Jump back 2 does so much work against manta it's insane, he's also free on oki which is where catwoman can just f him up.

Arrow does well but to give him the advantage over catwoman while he loses in footsies and up close and catwoman has j2, cat dash and amazing walkspeed to punish bad arrows and reloads is a bit of a stretch imo.

WoWo is the closest for being able to deal with all of cw's bs and for controlling neutral well which is where catwoman usually wins her matches.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't even know if we lose to anyone. Hardest mu is wowo which I'm not sure I'd classify as 4-6.

Jump back 2 does so much work against manta it's insane, he's also free on oki which is where catwoman can just f him up.

Arrow does well but to give him the advantage over catwoman while he loses in footsies and up close and catwoman has j2, cat dash and amazing walkspeed to punish bad arrows and reloads is a bit of a stretch imo.

WoWo is the closest for being able to deal with all of cw's bs and for controlling neutral well which is where catwoman usually wins her matches.
Arrow doesn't lose the neutral against Catwoman, savage blast works great against her.

masherofbuttons

I mean, savage blast moves him a fair bit back while our j2 can chase it. It's a good tool but he gives up a lot of space and in the corner CW is a terror. I'd to see footage, I do well against arrows in neutral.

TamedLizard

Buff George
I still think she loses to Cold, if only slightly now. He just can't herpaderp globe loop as free anymore.

Regards to Ivy, Arrow, and Hood. I don't think she loses to any of them, but these MUs are still annoying as all hell.

Last edited:

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Wowo wins 6-4
She has an answer for everything

Cold wins 6-4
He still has the tools to keep her out just has to work a little harder

Manta is 5-5

Never played a good arrow but I can see her struggling

Cold can not compete with cw at all , his main thing he had towards her was his lame game . Of puddle and charge trait but now it got nerfed before I was going say 6-4 cold favor maybe 7-3 If the cat women wasn’t patient enough. But now its for sure 6-4 in cat women favor . That was her only bad mu in the game everyone else is ethier 5-5 or in her favor I mean even semji himself said it

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
imo she doesn't lose to cheetah, cheetah has no neutral game. If you don't fall for her gimmicks, its a 5-5. Wowo definitely wins imo, check out rewind vs semiij last week, its a good display of this matchup
I watched it live lol. Both catwoman and wowo just have all the options to deal with each other’s shit. To me that’s 5-5. It’s all down to reads and patience in that mu. A few different reads and those games could’ve easily gone to semiij. But we can agree to disagree. I think GA zoning just shuts her down better. She can’t punish things on block like she can against wowo. It’s not like catdash punishes savage blast. But it does punish shield on block. Things like that just make me see it differently.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
Completely different moves with different properties.
Exactly why I look at the mu differently? Not sure what taking this out of the context of the rest of the post accomplished? But yeah, having punishable zoning but competing better up close to me makes the mu more even on my opinion. Green arrows zoning is maneuverable yes. But she still has more options that aren’t shut down by catdash. So he gets more freedom at longer range. Low arrow in my opinion is more detrimental to her game plan. If catdash had armor still, this would be a different conversation

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I watched it live lol. Both catwoman and wowo just have all the options to deal with each other’s shit. To me that’s 5-5. It’s all down to reads and patience in that mu. A few different reads and those games could’ve easily gone to semiij. But we can agree to disagree. I think GA zoning just shuts her down better. She can’t punish things on block like she can against wowo. It’s not like catdash punishes savage blast. But it does punish shield on block. Things like that just make me see it differently.
There is almost no reason to use ground shield instead of air shield against Catwoman and she can't punish that. Not to mention you can bait a punish with mb Toss

masherofbuttons

Exactly why I look at the mu differently? Not sure what taking this out of the context of the rest of the post accomplished? But yeah, having punishable zoning but competing better up close to me makes the mu more even on my opinion. Green arrows zoning is maneuverable yes. But she still has more options that aren’t shut down by catdash. So he gets more freedom at longer range. Low arrow in my opinion is more detrimental to her game plan. If catdash had armor still, this would be a different conversation
I thought the reasoning was dodgy that's all.

Wowo won't ever use straight shield when instant air shield is entirely safe and just a better option overall in the mu. She can bash under jumpins, anti-air them with a godlike d2, can keep out catwoman for way longer than any other zoner, doesn't outright lose in neutral like a lot of characters do and has a godlike wakeup. Wowo has answers to a lot of the things catwoman does while she's still able to play her game.

On the flipside, a bad arrow within j2 range is a full combo punish. Arrow's zoning is much riskier against catwoman than wowo's zoning is. In this mu arrow's zoning is very backwards movement heavy so he easily corners himself. Not a great idea against catwoman.

In both of their zoning cat dash is a non-issue, idk why it would change either wowo's or arrow's matchup number.

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
So we all know that no one beats Catwoman... But can someone give me a short list of who actually has a chance against her?
Scarecrow
Woman Woman... Who else?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
So we all know that no one beats Catwoman... But can someone give me a short list of who actually has a chance against her?
Scarecrow
Woman Woman... Who else?
Wonder Woman
Cold (?)
Batman
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Poison Ivy
Supergirl
Manta

And probably Bane

Last edited:

GJX7

Hm what about Cyborg, I think his mid projectile can kind of keep her at bay

GJX7

Huh? She beats him
It's fairly even, but I would say Crow has a tiny advantage in the footsie game. She can't low profile F2 if spaced correctly and Scarecrows J2 controls a lot of space. It's like a 5.1 - 4.9 in Crow's favour imo

masherofbuttons

It's fairly even, but I would say Crow has a tiny advantage in the footsie game. She can't low profile F2 if spaced correctly and Scarecrows J2 controls a lot of space. It's like a 5.1 - 4.9 in Crow's favour imo
Catwoman's backdash low profiles an instant f2. Her d2 low profiles s2. Jump back 2 bodies his f2. Crow's j2 gets low profiled by b3. She can low profile crow's d1 so 123 means fuck all. His anti-air is slow so she gets away with a lot of neutral jumps and jump backs on oki. His pressure just isn't very effective against cw while hers is.

GJX7

Catwoman's backdash low profiles an instant f2. Her d2 low profiles s2. Jump back 2 bodies his f2. Crow's j2 gets low profiled by b3. She can low profile crow's d1 so 123 means fuck all. His anti-air is slow so she gets away with a lot of neutral jumps and jump backs on oki. His pressure just isn't very effective against cw while hers is.
His anti-airs are slow but cover a huge radius so they are pretty good against things like CW J2, also trying to B3 Crow's J2 is risky because he could just do J3 and catch her

masherofbuttons

His anti-airs are slow but cover a huge radius so they are pretty good against things like CW J2, also trying to B3 Crow's J2 is risky because he could just do J3 and catch her
not from the range where j2 is useful, mb b3 catches j3 anyways. I was talking on oki, a lot of jumpins he just has to hold because d2 just doesn't come out fast enough.

GJX7

not from the range where j2 is useful, mb b3 catches j3 anyways. I was talking on oki, a lot of jumpins he just has to hold because d2 just doesn't come out fast enough.
Yeah I'm not trying to suggest that Crow beats her in anyway.

Just in general I think F2 can really keep her out on the ground; D2 and MB B3 can shut down her J2 fine (a bit like WoWo's D2); Scarecrow can deal with her stagger pressure better than most of the cast with his GOD D1; and because of Catwoman's awful wakeup she can sometimes struggle in the corner against Crow as he doesn't even have to deal with it at all.

Saying all that it is still even, 5 - 5, I just think Crow has a very very mild advantage in the neutral