What's new

Strategy - Cassie Cage Cassie in need of something hotfixed?

shura30

Shura
ok, patch might not have changed our gameplan much but still when anyone got buffs or better frames here and there I feel we've left behind

a lot of stuff is safer now a/o not worth anymore so we cannot rely that much on those sweet 242/flip punishes (I'm looking at you cryomancer and your stupid burst)

beside hollywood, we lack on the full distance side of things, a better recovery to an high projectile would be fine without messing her up
a lot got better (ie sektok) while ours, beside decent recovery on block/hit has stayed the same since launch

holly i believe is fine as it is, she's got the iags, once past the execution barrier zoning/zoners get better unless the other projectile allows a combo

brawler might use a bar to launch after ex bow breaker a/o after f2,1+3 which is basically useless

not sure about specops, maybe someonelse can chip in..I don't like her design much

I can only speak about Hollywood and Brawler. As long as we can be a threat of full combo outside of most of the cast max range and have a confirmable low option and safe overhead option I don't think we need anything.
Brawler has a lot of gimmicks on top of that and I believe a far from useless restand into plus frame with a very stupid and non-obvious hitstun which really messes a lot of people up.
Hollywood has... okay, everyone knows what she has by now
If anything I would like to have my b212 confirm at -4 on block back. Because right now b212 is utterly useless. But I can live with how it is now.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
spec ops should get a better gtfo armored move. I mean The Majority of the cast got better defensive tools that lacked one but she only got ex glow kick which sucks. Maybe ex flipkick without launching the opponent or something like that

I think shes fine. Between her 3 variations she has all the tools to get the job done. Hollywood alone can pretty much handle everything. She has safe 50/50s with meter and psuedo safe meterless 50/50 in the corner off a set up, plus one of the best spacing and footsie normals in the game.

I think shes fine. Between her 3 variations she has all the tools to get the job done. Hollywood alone can pretty much handle everything. She has safe 50/50s with meter and psuedo safe meterless 50/50 in the corner off a set up, plus one of the best spacing and footsie normals in the game.
i think she is now not so fine lol
universal stamina and the F3 nerf hurts her a lot. lbsh. it seems like a lot of cassie players did yet not realized that her "50/50s" are now fuzzy guardable. for me Cassie is a vortex char, now she loses her vortex. she is still kinda good, but definitely worse then pre patch.
spec ops is now complete thrash imo. stamina nerf and the lack of an safe armored gtfo move.

IMHO, i think brawler is now her best vari. since her mixups are now complete blockable her command grabs became more useful then pre patch.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
universal stamina and the F3 nerf hurts her a lot. lbsh. it seems like a lot of cassie players did yet not realized that her "50/50s" are now fuzzy guardable. for me Cassie is a vortex char, now she loses her vortex. she is still kinda good, but definitely worse then pre patch.
spec ops is now complete thrash imo. stamina nerf and the lack of an safe armored gtfo move.

IMHO, i think brawler is now her best vari. since her mixups are now complete blockable her command grabs became more useful then pre patch.
She doesn't need unreactable safe 50/50's. The run thing for Cassie is being blown out of proportion. She is fine. You just can't run fullscreen like a scrub and do her amazing 10f advancing normal. Walk. Play patient. Play nuetral. She still has one of the best D4's too. It's not all about 50/50's anymore and to be honest we got lucky she didn't get that safe 50/50 nerfed. Wow we lost one combo in the corner with f3. We can still get 40% without it. Spec Ops is fine and she still has her HTB in the corner. Does she need a defensive option? Maybe. I don't know. Brawler is also fine too. Get in and mix. Use the command grab after you condition your opponent to block your d4. Out of all the characters to complain about after this patch, Cassie is not the one to be whining about

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace

So basically you're complaing that 50/50's aren't the easiest way to open people up and that you actually have to manage your stamina and play footsies instead of sprinting full screen into B1 combo

FutileDede

True Empress
I support better recovery, the gun shot start up is so slow that it having a lot of recovery has always been confusing.
Cassie is not fine there is literally to reason to play the character apart from love for the character.
- Low damage mid screen
- Punishable on all specials (excluding mid screed powerflip that has no armour)
- Dependent on stamina
- Average Damage in the corner.

Right now I play footsie with cassie but even kitana at this point has better footsie and she is a zoner.

Cassie really need help.

She was fair and not brain dead already now I don't even do f3 with her anymore the animation makes me mad looking at what they did to her and ronin takeda

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I disagree with the F3 nerf, it shouldn't have added frames. I rarely use it anymore, but kick abuse is a good way to replace it. That and the hollywood specific f4+3 which if you spam twice : hello 36% damage. Easy way to finish off a match.

I wouldn't play any other variation right now, which sucks cause I loved playing Brawler. Her take down brutality is my fave.

I still Hollywood, but it is a bit tougher after playing some long sets. The f3 is totally reactable now so i have to play cassie a hit different but overall its not the end of the world

hi guys
today i played a long cassie offline set with @RyuKazuya
our opinion is: in this patch she got hurt!

spec ops
this variation should have the hw string f34 too!
faster start up on ex missile!

brawler
f2 1+3 more + frames for guaranteed pressure on hit (she is supposed to be a footsie/rushdown grabler)

thoughts?

Last edited:
yea as a spec ops main its really hard to get things started and when I do i have no stamina to keep my momentum. her gunshot needs to be better in this variation and maybe give american way an actual use

the stamina nerf: the problem is, since every bnb requires now even more stamina, she often lose momentum.
I've played a couple of sets. Against a pretty weak opponent but still. I haven't found myself in a stamina deficit a single time in 22 matches. Just walk in neutral instead of running. And I've been ending my combos with b124 which gives me a single dash into my perfect range.
Also doesn't Cassie have staminaless dash d4~ender in every variation?
her projectile: it's pathetic and useless.
Play Hollywood if you want a projectile. Grounded gunshot was really only useful in something like Kitana MU, cause we could trade our 7% against her 6%. But now it's not)

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Are...are we actually asking for Cassie buffs? In this version of the game? Really? She didn't...get nerfed like at all and is now VERY good and you want her to get help? I...*sigh* no.
Hollywood doesn't need any but spec ops should get a better defensive option. It was a big Problem since ex flip didn't have armor anymore and now when defensive tools got buffed she was left out