What's new

Strategy - Cassie Cage Cassie in need of something hotfixed?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
hi guys
today i played a long cassie offline set with @RyuKazuya
our opinion is: in this patch she got hurt! every patch did hurt her, but this time is a little too much!

the stamina nerf: the problem is, since every bnb requires now even more stamina, she often lose momentum. but that is not the only problem, her midscreen combos aren't damaging enough.
we suggest: she should have one string that makes more damage (f24) this way she don't need run cancel combos every time and she can play more neutral.
Possible new universal bnb non stamina: 242, f24 x glowkick. Instead if 23% should be like 27%
That would be awesom and useful imo!

her projectile: it's pathetic and useless.
we suggest: should deal more damage

spec ops
this variation should have the hw string f34 too!
faster start up on ex missile!

brawler
f2 1+3 more + frames for guaranteed pressure on hit (she is supposed to be a footsie/rushdown grabler)

thoughts?
That does some actual decent damage thanks for the tip. I never think of that string and it really launches the opponent higher than just starting with a 212 b12 launch. I also do 242 b12 launch but it does way less damage. Anything that launches while the opponent is in the air is probably the best strategy for bnb's now, sadly.

I tried 242 run 212 b12 launch but you can't run after so it's useless. :( You could probably attempt to dash and do b1 only + ender but I highly doubt it can land.

edit: sorry had my buttons mixed up LOL.

Last edited:
bro, learn how to Cassie

the no stamina combo is 242 33 b12 full run b1 ~ ender
What do you mean with full run b1? I am talking about NO STAMINA.
My combo was just an example.
How much damage does this combo? Because my point is her low damage midscreen non stamina.
If it deals decent damage, i take your point.

Last edited:

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
You can already hit confirm your 50/50s with american what else should this move do lol

It's a -9 on block move that can be neutral ducked for a full punish and sometimes whiffs on STANDING OPPONENTS that are blocking. American Way is a trash move that is gimmicks. I love to use it but I get stupid blown up at my locals because they know how to deal with it. On top of all that it also has a cooldown, why?

Off topic but Spec Ops on her back is the worst character in the game as her only armor option is -75903908205.

Edit: It's also reversible by a LOT of special moves.

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Cassie is likely high mid tier this patch. 50/50s are toned down but she still has A LOT of 50/50s, especially in Brawler. Her jump attacks is still annoying as fuck. Her footsie is extremely good with a long range low, high and MID. And her anti air options are some of the best in the game
And an alternate combo for Cassie should be 242, 33, B12 flip ender. You only need to run one

shura30

Shura
What do you mean with full run b1? I am talking about NO STAMINA.
My combo was just an example.
How much damage does this combo? Because my point is her low damage midscreen non stamina.
If it deals decent damage, i take your point.
by the time you run in my combo stamina is enough for a run into b1
don't jump to conclusions if you don't even know the cassie's basics

shura30

Shura
Ok, so can do your combo after a breaker then?
exactly my point
you can start that combo at 0 stamina, it'll be back

Save the stamina completely.

That combo pre-ender = 26 percent.

242, f24xxflip kick, dash forward, b12xxender. = 25 percent pre-ender.

Using flip kick with both is 29 and 28 respectively.
I prefer to land that 1% difference especially in brawler and holly, takedown/bowbreaker/nut/exnut will be enough to guarantee full stamina for the next setup
can't remember about the missiles timings tho

the full combo would also see 242 33 f24 as starte
but it's too inconsistent to me, b12 is enough

lve got to work on a new approach....with f3 being totally reactable, im having a tougher time opening people up. I started throwing alot more, but cassies throw is average at best due to the distance it puts your opponent and being neutral frames

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
lve got to work on a new approach....with f3 being totally reactable, im having a tougher time opening people up. I started throwing alot more, but cassies throw is average at best due to the distance it puts your opponent and being neutral frames
I hear it alot that people say her oh is now very easy to react but I just can't see a 20 frame move to be easily reacted to. is really everyone thinking this now? I don't think I have bad reactions actually but I struggle reacting to it.

same goes for sonya and her oh now being 19 frames.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Cassie seems honest now. No bullshit. I think if we take her as the standard we could have a decent game in a few patches.

I hear it alot that people say her oh is now very easy to react but I just can't see a 20 frame move to be easily reacted to. is really everyone thinking this now? I don't think I have bad reactions actually but I struggle reacting to it.

same goes for sonya and her oh now being 19 frames.
Its reactable. Guard low and release low if her foot leaves the ground. I played a guy for 30 games and i can count the times he got hit with f3 on one hand