What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage cassie cage variations rank system

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
Hollywood: 10
Spec ops: 9
Brawler : 7

Meter isn't as big an issue as some people think. B212d1+2 builds nearly half a bar, is safe against everyone but reptile, and can be hit confirmed for combo or free chip. And I try to abuse instant air guns in the neutral
I also try to breaker as little as possible since she depends so much on stamina

Spec Ops is definitely her best variation. She has a very strong offensive and defensive options in it, while hollywood has some problems against zoning characters. It is not that bad, but you gotta be more patient. I still play Hollywood though.
What's brawler?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
No, unfortunately. =/

Too bad. Here's a video with a taste of her nonsense.

15:20 (entire round), 27:52 (entire round), 29:45 (entire round), 41:05 (til end of round), 47:53-48:05, 1:06:58 (just showing the fear this variation presents to even wanna push buttons lol), 1:11:52 (til end of round).

There's more but, as I said, it's just a taste.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Too bad. Here's a video with a taste of her nonsense.

15:20 (entire round), 27:52 (entire round), 29:45 (entire round), 41:05 (til end of round), 47:53-48:05, 1:06:58 (just showing the fear this variation presents to even wanna push buttons lol), 1:11:52 (til end of round).

There's more but, as I said, it's just a taste.
Will check out after work, thanks dude!

Too bad we can't play in mkx... we had some good games in mk9. :)

With all OZ tech that's been discovered, meterless Brawler combos that end with the overhead tackle do significantly more damage and give better oki than meterless Spec Op combos that sacrifice damage for a supposedly strong Oki option. Of course, it's also superior to Hollywood's +3 restand

Last edited:

The Magician

According to my sources...
With all OZ tech that's been discovered, meterless Brawler combos that end with the overhead tackle do significantly more damage and give better oki than meterless Spec Op combos that sacrifice damage for a supposedly strong Oki option. Of course, it's also superior to Hollywood's +3 restand
Petition for Hollywood''s +3 to +36 like JC? I think yes.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Got to play with Brawler more lately and I think it is really good. I would revise my numbers to:

Spec Ops: 9
Hollywood & Brawler: 8

3 really good variations. Can't ask for more than that.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
1. Hollywood (9/10)
2. Spec Ops (8/10)
3. Brawler (7/10)

Spec Ops is kinda hard to find safe windows to actually setup the missiles but when you get one it feels so satisfying, especially when you can follow it up with a 30%+ combo! Hollywood is great for me because of Caged Heat and the EX Nutpunch Vortex.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
After big nerf hollywood can't be better than brawler. Spec ops > Brawler = Hollywood
The big advantage of Brawler is that her mix up game is deadlier because any 50/50 normal string can lead to 50/50 guess between overhead/command throw
But hollywood does have an extra projectile, safe meterless launcher and safe option for F3

Spec Ops.

spec ops
is the best variation when it comes to closing distances and limiting your opponent's movement. the mixup game is great as well but i will not talk much about what makes spec ops a good variation because i am sure you already know which is why you are voting it for best variation i will talk about the disadvantage and advantages it has as a variation vs brawler and weaknesses in spec ops as well

stamina
as you know stamina is very important in this game but it is much more important if the character you are using is cassie cage. the needs for stamina in spec ops is even greater than the needs for it in brawler. so when it come to stamina brawer has an advantage because it needs it less than spec ops

damage and combos
brawler has the best damage out of all variations without the need to use meter. spec ups sacrifice a lot of damage in a match to try to set up her missile however only the ex missile after a combo put your opponents in a position in which they most guess what is coming next. this mean specs ops sacrifice damage and meter to be able to properly setup her opponents for a mixup after a combo. brawler does not sacrifice damage and does not need meter to do this however the mixup in spec ops at the end of a combo after using meter it is better. you can finish your combos with b124 to get more damage in spec ops but that is still less damage than brawler and put your opponent at full screen forcing you to use a bar of meter and a bar of stamina to get a mixup after ex missile. in my opinion brawler has a small advantage when it comes to setting up your opponent after a combo because it does not need meter and it does more damage and gets a hard knock down all at the same time.

corner game
there is not question here opec ops has the best corner game lol this variation is deadly in the corner. brawler does not get anything special in the corner so coner game is a big win for spec ops

poke and close game
no much to talk about really brawler close game is just better. 212 is very useful in brawler and has one of the best OS in the game between the throw and the flip kick

meter
specs ops needs to use meter for ex missiles to be more effective making it a meter heavy variation. you will have less meter to break combos and to ex flip kick brawler does not need to be using meter so the variation will always have meter to break and meter to flip kick however when spec ops use meter it is to make damage so it is kind of hard to tell which meter game is better i personally like both meter game for each variation

notes

using missiles whithout hitting your opponent first is risky because your opponent can run d2 you and take the hit of the missile and cassie can not to get up in time and combo. which mean she is loosing that trade because a d2 does like 14% while a regular missile does 5% so using regular missiles in footsies is no such a good idea if your opponent is on point with this.

their is options to do not have to deal with the mixup of the ex missiles right now people have yet to explore the option their characters have to deal with it but blocking is not the only thing you can do.

i think spec ops is good but right now it look better than it really is because it is early in the game and people have yet to learn their options against it. brawler is just going to get better with time

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
brawler 10/10 (why would you play anything else?)
spec ops 8/10 (better 50/50? If by better you mean not as thrilling to hit than sure)
Hollywood 5/10 (Even NRS didn't think this should be better than brawler. Where are the brawler nerfs? Nowhere.)

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Spec Ops - 10
Hollywood - 10
Brawler - 10

Cassie is lucky to have 3 really good variations and they're all viable imo.