What's new

Tech - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage - Compilation of Frame Data Fails...

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
i thought that applied to use normals to punish not specials.
Reversal Punish - Because there are no frame perfect punishes, if an attack is -10 and you use a 10 frame reversal special as a punish, the opponent will be able to block the reversal punish attempt. You would need to use a reversal special that is at least 9 frames or faster to punish something -10. Basically, you always need to use a reversal special that is at least 1 frame faster then the opponents negative frames.
NRS logic

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Oh so it applies to specials as well...?

So that might mean that Cassie's DB2 is actually 4f? So awkward....

delbuster

hungry
according to tom brady's guide, if a move is minus x frames on block, it must be punished by a x-1 frame startup special move or a x-2 frame startup normal move

i haven't really tested it and just gone off of tom brady's word

Shady

Noob
in game data says -7
In game data says a lot of things. While I do appreciate NRS trying to do these things for the competitive community, if you're going to do it, do it right. It does more harm having it wrong than not having it at all. Players will show up to tourneys thinking it's one thing and get blown up by another. And we'll still have to go in and figure out the frame data for them anyway after too. SMH

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
in game data says -7
What's 242 on block?
In game data says a lot of things. While I do appreciate NRS trying to do these things for the competitive community, if you're going to do it, do it right. It does more harm having it wrong than not having it at all. Players will show up to tourneys thinking it's one thing and get blown up by another. And we'll still have to go in and figure out the frame data for them anyway after too. SMH
I believe it is a little less because if I recall correctly I don't think Lao's regular spin punished it.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I just tested interrupting Goro's F3 xx Dragon Flame with a variety of moves, and I found that Cassie's normal Flip Kick was able to interrupt it. His F3 has a cancel advantage of 26 frames and Flame has a 29 frame start up so it shouldn't work if Flip Kick is a 5 frame move. Could this be wrong or is there something I'm missing?

RiBBz22

I just tested interrupting Goro's F3 xx Dragon Flame with a variety of moves, and I found that Cassie's normal Flip Kick was able to interrupt it. His F3 has a cancel advantage of 26 frames and Flame has a 29 frame start up so it shouldn't work if Flip Kick is a 5 frame move. Could this be wrong or is there something I'm missing?
Sure the thing you are missing is that all of the frame data is questionable even the cancel advantage :( :(

Eminent

Forum Lurker
Does Cassie's EX-nutpunch have invincibility frames? Because I'm testing d1~EX nut punch against Reptile's reversal slide and it's not hitting me. :DOGE

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
This needs to be updated since the recent hotfix fixed most (all?) errors.

Our 2 is now 6f startup b1 is 11 etc. etc. as well as b12 is now correctly listed as -6.

Also 9f normals now punish -10 strings so it may not be as confusing to find which strings you can punish now....

RiBBz22

This needs to be updated since the recent hotfix fixed most (all?) errors.

Our 2 is now 6f startup b1 is 11 etc. etc. as well as b12 is now correctly listed as -6.

Also 9f normals now punish -10 strings so it may not be as confusing to find which strings you can punish now....
Yeah they updated most of the stuff to be "frames to hit" data rather than true startup frames which was confusing to a lot of people. I was actually planning on checking everything when I got home because I heard the table got that update to shift everything to frames to hit, so good call. I will update it later today or tomorrow and update the thread title.

RiBBz22

Iirc Cassie's data for d4 is actually her data for b4 on the novelist for speed at least.
Yeah good catch, there is no way that her sweep is 8 frames because it is pretty slow so that is bogus...and no way d4 is 20 since it is pretty quick. I don't think they are switched though because I really doubt her d4 is 8 frames either since it seems like it is more than a 1 frame difference from her d3.

RiBBz22

4/27/15: List has been updated to reflect the corrections in the frame data table.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

@Ra Helios

B12 was always "neutral" right???

Lao spin coming out 6 frames before the inputs are even entered CONFIRMED

/troll

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
@Ra Helios

B12 was always "neutral" right???

Lao spin coming out 6 frames before the inputs are even entered CONFIRMED

/troll
Idk. Neutral is when you ever get their moves out first and kun loa hat spin just beat out her d3

How I did was have some have a 9 frame or 8 frame poke which i did and tested it out.

Cassie beats it every time so if it was really -6 those characters would beat it out all the time