What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Community MU Chart/discussion

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
I've recently leapt onboard the Cassie hype train and this thread has been very helpful.

Can I just ask, is there any matchup in the game where Spec Ops shines over Brawler and Hollywood? I'm not dismissing the variation, genuinely trying to fill a gap of knowledge.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I've recently leapt onboard the Cassie hype train and this thread has been very helpful.

Can I just ask, is there any matchup in the game where Spec Ops shines over Brawler and Hollywood? I'm not dismissing the variation, genuinely trying to fill a gap of knowledge.
Not really. Some people used to say that it did better against Shinnok prepatch. @Compbros can probably give you more insight as he's a dedicated high level Spec Ops player.

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Also, to actually contribute something, I think Bo' Rai Cho does pretty well vs Cassie.

Bartitsu vs Brawler 6-4
Bartitsu vs Hollywood 5-5

Dragon Breath vs Brawler 6-4
Dragon Breath vs Hollywood 5-5

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Also, to actually contribute something, I think Bo' Rai Cho does pretty well vs Cassie.

Bartitsu vs Brawler 6-4
Bartitsu vs Hollywood 5-5

Dragon Breath vs Brawler 6-4
Dragon Breath vs Hollywood 5-5
@Youphemism
@Wigy
@myri
@WhoeverAlsoPlaysBo

I don't know the MU, but it doesn't seem right to me lol. Thoughts on these numbers?

Wigy

There it is...
@Youphemism
@Wigy
@myri
@WhoeverAlsoPlaysBo

I don't know the MU, but it doesn't seem right to me lol. Thoughts on these numbers?
Bo cant really challenge her b1 with anything apat from fart and super calculated d4's in that matchup. I'm inclined to say its in her favour. Her pokes can give him some issues and monkey flips gets punished really hard. I can understand why it may be even as she cant zone him. But i swear b1 may as well be zoning in that matchup.

I suppose she cant keep him out forever and when hes in, its bo rai cho hes guna do some big damage.

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
She has to respect the fart, though, it almost negates her main footsie tool and leaves her in a position where she either has to keep him out or stay in, not at arms reach.

Hollywood fares much better, partly due to IAG's but mostly due to EX nut punch, if Cassie plays patient with some good zoning and conditions him to respect the ding dong by exploiting his gaps then you have a match on your hands.

Wigy

There it is...
She has to respect the fart, though, it almost negates her main footsie tool and leaves her in a position where she either has to keep him out or stay in, not at arms reach.

Hollywood fares much better, partly due to IAG's but mostly due to EX nut punch, if Cassie plays patient with some good zoning and conditions him to respect the ding dong by exploiting his gaps then you have a match on your hands.
I agree with you there, but shes at a much bigger advantage once she has the life lead and shes able to get it more easily.

The main issue i have in that matchup is if you whiff a d4, holy shit its soooo whiff punishable.

It you get her cornered and you have a ex fart out, then you can start playing your game. Apart from that cassie has the upperhand.

She can also d3 under everything which is a nightmare.

I suppose with bo no matter how shit everything is on paper as long as he can get in on them it could be 5-5

imo its 6-4 all round.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
@Youphemism
@Wigy
@myri
@WhoeverAlsoPlaysBo

Doesn't seem right to me either lol

She doesn't have to respect fart in neutral at all though, if you're going to just whiff farts she'll use her guns. Or on a read/if she does it quickly enough she can ex BF4 through the fart and get a full combo punish. Closer up she's much faster than Bo as well which makes it difficult to deal with her pressure. Bartitsu is also particularly unsafe and Hollywood has the luxury of interrupting the multitude of gaps he has with ex nutpunch for a guaranteed mixup. You might get away with one or two farts on a read but farts don't control neutral against her at all.

Dragon Breath has the advantage of being able to make everything safe, but with Bartitsu most stuff is -8 or worse which means she's full comboing most of his moveset. Never mind the difference in meter needed for combos, Bartitsu needs a bar for almost everything whereas Cassie doesn't really. I don't think Bartitsu beats any variation of Cassie to be honest, Dragon Breath isn't my forte though so it probably does better but I'm hesitant to put a number on it.

shura30

Shura
I got you online yesterday. But you declined :DOGE
I'm either a scrub that dodges competition or I was bitching on social about I2 and not paying attention to the challenge requests

either way we can try this again later today