What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

When I try to do F3,4 xx into anything, the opponent is always face down on the ground and my special never connects, so most of the combos on the last few pages aren't working for me.

I'm on PC and I've heard we're behind on patches compared to consoles, so I'm wondering if that's it. Is anyone here also on PC that can actually connect them and konfirm that I just suck?

Zebster

How's my volume?
What combo should I be going for midscreen off of a NJP (in Hollywood), preferably ending with Nut Kracker (or Nut Buster)?

delbuster

hungry
When I try to do F3,4 xx into anything, the opponent is always face down on the ground and my special never connects, so most of the combos on the last few pages aren't working for me.

I'm on PC and I've heard we're behind on patches compared to consoles, so I'm wondering if that's it. Is anyone here also on PC that can actually connect them and konfirm that I just suck?
f34 on grounded opponents doesn't combo into specials. it's in juggles that it can.

Managed to squeeze out just a bit more for corner brawler
b12~db2 run 121, 212~db2, j.3, 212~bf3 (41%)
d+f1~db2 run 121, 212~db2, j.3, 212~bf3 (40%)
f3~db2 run 121, 212~db2, j.3, 212~bf3 (42%)
Less common starter but,
b212~db2 run 121, 212~db2, j.3, 212~bf3 (41%)
f24~db2 run 121, 212~db2, j.3, 212~bf3 (43%)

and the hard one
242, 4, 121, 212~db2 run 212~db2, run 24~bf3 (45%)

you can always do the 24~bf3 for about 1% less damage but 212 isn't that hard once you get the timing down on the j3
I tried these out and was finding them pretty tough, the timing on the 121 has to be just right to be consistent, and I think it will vary a lot depending on character. The usage of 121 did give me some ideas though, and I can probably make some more consistent combos that do around the same.

For example:

d+f1~db2, f2, 121, 212~db2, run 24~bf3 does 40% as well and cutting out having to do j3 makes it a lot easier/more consistent to me. I don't think it will work off f3 starter though.

Also to give you some more combo ideas, generally finding places you can replace 212 with 123 is better, and 24 bf3 will connect in situations 212 won't because it has an earlier cancel window.

I understand you because when I did 45% I did the same exact thing lol.
Also I actually found the 121 a lot easier for me to time than run 4. I was doing a bunch of combos with 123, but the generally always came out to the same damage so I didn't post them.
I'm thinking doing f2 into 121 to make it consistent may be the way to go if we can get the same damage from it because jump normals scale the rest down.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

Do the f34 when your opponent is a little lower in the juggle. It works this way because the hitbox on the strings last hit is a a bit lower than the other 2 hits.

I can't seem to connect 212 after 121, i see it being done but I'm having some trouble with it! Is the timing that strict

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
I can't seem to connect 212 after 121, i see it being done but I'm having some trouble with it! Is the timing that strict
I find this combo much easier and does a little more damage if you are using Hollywood.

242, 4, 21U4, F34-DB2, RUN, F34-BD3 (46% or 47%) I believe it does 50% if meter burned.

You guys are all posting these fancy combos and I'm just here, posting this useless 46% meteless corner combo off a perfectly spaced Shadow Kick that OBVIOUSLY is going to work in a real match.

:DOGE

It's pretty cool, tho. lol
You say that then you hit that shadow kick on random shenanigans and win a match lol

Reifu

Cassie in training
Alright. I'm having trouble executing this combo in the corner: B12 xx DB2 F2 21u4 F34 xx DB2 F24 xx BD3
I usually have 3 problems arise near the end. Either I get X-Ray instead of nut kracker even though my 3, 4 and Block inputs aren't even close to eachother when I try meter burning nut kracker. There's a clear motion between 4 and 3 when I do the nut kracker and and I always plink my ex moves so even the nutkracker is more like DB block 3.
Another one is that as option select I get F2 xx BF4 because of the B input from the earlier DB2. The buffer window here is simply too long.
But the most perplexing thing I have happen to me is that the game motor seems to simply ignore the 2 from F24 completely. It's in the input log and the F motion is before 2 in the log. The F movement comes out but instead of the 2 coming out I simply get neutral coming out. This has been happening quite consistently to me:

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
Alright. I'm having trouble executing this combo in the corner: B12 xx DB2 F2 21u4 F34 xx DB2 F24 xx BD3
I usually have 3 problems arise near the end. Either I get X-Ray instead of nut kracker even though my 3, 4 and Block inputs aren't even close to eachother when I try meter burning nut kracker. There's a clear motion between 4 and 3 when I do the nut kracker and and I always plink my ex moves so even the nutkracker is more like DB block 3.
Another one is that as option select I get F2 xx BF4 because of the B input from the earlier DB2. The buffer window here is simply too long.
But the most perplexing thing I have happen to me is that the game motor seems to simply ignore the 2 from F24 completely. It's in the input log and the F motion is before 2 in the log. The F movement comes out but instead of the 2 coming out I simply get neutral coming out. This has been happening quite consistently to me:
Just replace the F24-BD3 with B12-BD3 if it is giving you that much trouble.

Reifu

Cassie in training
Just replace the F24-BD3 with B12-BD3 if it is giving you that much trouble.
Yeah. I propably will end up doing just that. Just wondering why the game deliberately chooses to ignore a button input even when it clearly reads it.

would like to know this aswell and a corner NJP combo too ^^
Someone probably found a better one but I have 3 for midscreen:

easy one with no run - nj1/nj2 <slight walk forward> 212 b12~nutpunch (23%)
easy one with run - nj1/nj2 <slight walk forward> 212 b12~flipkick run~b12~nutpunch (29%)
more damaging - nj1/nj2 <slight walk forward> f34~flipkick run~b12~nutpunch (34%)

To connect the f34 after the njp you have to wait until they're low to the ground (pretty much head level with Cassie)

If you hit them in the corner with a njp you can stick to usual corner combos. 21u4 combos after njp is probably the way to go:

nj1/nj2 4 21u4 f34~flipkick run~f34~nutpunch (45%)

Last edited:
Also I liked what Reo was doing with his midscreen combos. Instead of going for b12~flipkick run b12~nutpunch, he would do b12~flipkick run~11 b12~nutpunch. For those who have trouble with b12 after run it might be worth trying.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
Sorry if I'm being a bit of an asshole but can someone update the original post or reply to this comment with

Optimal corner combo for every variation meterless and with one bar?

14 pages of comments T T

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Sorry if I'm being a bit of an asshole but can someone update the original post or reply to this comment with

Optimal corner combo for every variation meterless and with one bar?

14 pages of comments T T
It pretty much is up to date except Spec OPs (to which no one has posted combos) and brawler meter (where there really is little opportunity/reason to use meter).

Lucky_623

MKX XB1 & Cage Family Supporter
Don't know if it has been mentioned or discussed- DF1 can hit a falling opponent if timed right for either the 3 hit combo- or cancel into another super 1 or 2 hits in. Almost exclusive to corner, but some usage elsewhere as well.