What's new

cant play competitive or ranked - desync every time

as the title says. it worked until yesterday but today i cant play anything with competitive mode. it goes to match found, char select, stage select, load and just before the match starts it desyncs every time, not matter how good the connection. anyone else?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Make sure you have the current update. Reset your gear, then hard reset the console. There’s apparently a memory storage problem when the game updates, and for some reason gear is tied in with it.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
as the title says. it worked until yesterday but today i cant play anything with competitive mode. it goes to match found, char select, stage select, load and just before the match starts it desyncs every time, not matter how good the connection. anyone else?
Go to the customisation screen, notice how 2 of your costumes for the characters that are desynching are set as default? Yeah it's that, stupidness. Id assume the game is trying to load 2 costumes at once for some reason.

Edit: Refer to my post below for a fix.

Also @Braindead ive been waiting for this thread to pop up LOL

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

This is pretty vital information. This problem may persist after launch unless there's a patch scheduled for after the actual release.

Anyone wanna make a PSA thread for this and I'll front page it for convenience until it's fixed?

Go to the customisation screen, notice how 2 of your costumes for the characters that are desynching are set as default? Yeah it's that, stupidness. Id assume the game is trying to load 2 costumes at once for some reason.

Press the touch pad to un-default both of the costumes then re-default whichever one you want.

Also @Braindead ive been waiting for this thread to pop up LOL
i actually could never un-default costumes. the star just stays there forever. havent solved the issue yet but thx for your help guys.

ive also installed 1.02 but it still says 0.096 for me. but i could play yesterday with all that installed already.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
i actually could never un-default costumes. the star just stays there forever. havent solved the issue yet but thx for your help guys.
Just went back to check, keep defaulting other costumes slowly until none of them are defaulted anymore. You can't "un-default" costumes that's my bad. Then select your default costume and voila, should be good to go

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
The default costume thing seems buggy af though, it's definitely to do with that. I purposely broke my Sonya yesterday when I realised what it was just to confirm.

Just went back to check, keep defaulting other costumes slowly until none of them are defaulted anymore. You can't "un-default" costumes that's my bad. Then select your default costume and voila, should be good to go
doesnt work either, everything stays on default.

Make sure you have the current update. Reset your gear, then hard reset the console. There’s apparently a memory storage problem when the game updates, and for some reason gear is tied in with it.
Reset your gear. @The_Tile had the same problem when playing with me after the patch yesterday. He just had to revert to default gear.
thx for your help but it didnt work, still cant play.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Is it a particular character you can't use or can't you play any? Try using a character you haven't changed any of the gear for and see if that works.

If it's all characters you can't play with that must be a different issue, if it's a specific one it's something to do with the defaults.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Okay try this. Make a new variation for said character on the kustomize screen, press circle to go back to the character select. Go back on said character, default the new costume, return to previous menu again. Click on said character again, now only one costume should be defaulted. Just did this myself on mine to fix the Sonya I fucked up

Okay try this. Make a new variation for said character on the kustomize screen, press circle to go back to the character select. Go back on said character, default the new costume, return to previous menu again. Click on said character again, now only one costume should be defaulted. Just did this myself on mine to fix the Sonya I fucked up
somehow got it working. i made a custom costume for my main, then entered with a char i never used and it worked. i switched to my main round 2 and still could play, next match i could pick him from the start. thx a lot for your help!

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
somehow got it working. i made a custom costume for my main, then entered with a char i never used and it worked. i switched to my main round 2 and still could play, next match i could pick him from the start. thx a lot for your help!
No problem man, glad you got it sorted