What's new

Question - Fisticuffs Can't figure out combo timing

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Doing f24 d1 f24 d1 f3 nutpunch is like *Insert suitable drunk baby meme*
Nah man with practice you can get it consistently

I would love to know the frames to connect, but I think the earlier you nail the first D1 the 2nd D1s timing is a lot more generous

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I personally use F24 12 F3 nut punch when I play Johnny. Not sure if it does more damage than using d1 instead but damn it out is swaggier so I like it

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I personally use F24 12 F3 nut punch when I play Johnny. Not sure if it does more damage than using d1 instead but damn it out is swaggier so I like it
Actually if you're going to do that, you should do a quick run into a second 12 and then F3xxNP. Every variation of Cage can do it and it is far from the most execution heavy version of the BnB that still yields... 24 or 25% I think.

Nah man with practice you can get it consistently

I would love to know the frames to connect, but I think the earlier you nail the first D1 the 2nd D1s timing is a lot more generous
It's a tight frame connect, honestly. I've found you have to hit the D1 as early as possible to keep enough height for the second F24, D1. Doing Cage's optimal BnBs might actually be some of the heaviest execution in this game, but it's only for an extra ~2-3%... :oops:

Doing d4xxfist bump looks like a suicide move really...isn't it just a far worse version of d4xxmimic for stunt double?
You would only do it if you had a strong read that it would hit, but seeing as nobody in their right mind would block low against JC in neutral, it's not difficult to get that read.

The bigger problem would be trying to open up the opponent and land the nut punch before the trait wears off so you can apply the chip pressure, but now that the trait throw does 17%, all you would need is a blocked poke (1, 11, 12) , which would be much easier to get.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
You would only do it if you had a strong read that it would hit, but seeing as nobody in their right mind would block low against JC in neutral, it's not difficult to get that read.

The bigger problem would be trying to open up the opponent and land the nut punch before the trait wears off so you can apply the chip pressure, but now that the trait throw does 17%, all you would need is a blocked poke (1, 11, 12) , which would be much easier to get.
But you are - even on hit, you have to block your opponent pressing. d4xxfist bump It is a lose/lose situation

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Actually if you're going to do that, you should do a quick run into a second 12 and then F3xxNP. Every variation of Cage can do it and it is far from the most execution heavy version of the BnB that still yields... 24 or 25% I think.

It's a tight frame connect, honestly. I've found you have to hit the D1 as early as possible to keep enough height for the second F24, D1. Doing Cage's optimal BnBs might actually be some of the heaviest execution in this game, but it's only for an extra ~2-3%... :oops:
I know I can do it it is just that I like stunt double and when doubles are out if I do double 12 in my combo mid screen I won't have enough stamina to use my second clone in combo

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
But you are - even on hit, you have to block your opponent pressing. d4xxfist bump It is a lose/lose situation
Yeah, it's quite bad tool, but there it is. Now it is -6. In the beta, as they shaved 4 frames from fistbump, it should be -2 or better...(I suspect the frames listed in the beta are wrong, and maybe the move is faster).
I use this sometimes as a gimmick, followed by exnutpunch or backdash.

Yeah, it's quite bad tool, but there it is. Now it is -6, in the beta,as they shaved 4 frames from fistbump, it should be -2 or better...
I use this sometimes as a gimmick, followed by exnutpunch or backdash.
The back dash option will likely have more usage now as a bait, as no move will reach you in 2 frames. It depends on the move you're baiting of course, but still....

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I know I can do it it is just that I like stunt double and when doubles are out if I do double 12 in my combo mid screen I won't have enough stamina to use my second clone in combo
I completely understand and agree with that. I use it too when I don't have clones up. I didn't mean it like a blanket statement that it was better in all situations.

Although for the purpose of stamina, I've been fiddling with F24, 12, (hold forward to step barely) 11, F3xxNP. It is tight but you can do like one percent less than F24, 12, 12, F3xxNP for no stamina and juggle with one clone if you have them up instead of NP. I don't think I got it to work with two clones, so it might be moot.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
It really is. When I actually pull off the double F24, D1 combo in a real match, I just kind of want to pause and marvel at it.
How the fuck did you like my comment so fast lol I literally pressed post and I got a notification

Anyway its not too hard I say its a double 2 frame link but if you get the First D1 on the 3rd frame then the 2nd D1 is a just frame or vice versa as if you get the first D1 on the first frane then the 2nd one is 3 frames if you get me, so your sharing 4 frames over 2 D1 windows