What's new

Canon Story and Characters for MK10

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
So, I posted this as a comment before in an earlier thread. I am bringing it back up to talk abou what makes the most possible sense for the canon story, and the characters that should be included (given a second chance)

NRS needs to add characters based on the canon story. (I'm not a fan of Resurrection mind you)

my prediction for Cast of Mortal Kombat II

RETURNING...
Scorpion (Evil/Good)
Ermac (Good)
Reptile (Evil)
Johnny Cage (Good)
Cyrax (Evil/Good)
Sektor (Evil)
Sonya (Good)
Kano (Evil)
Baraka (Evil)
Raiden (Good)
Sheeva (Evil)
Quan-Chi (Evil

NEW...
Frost (Good)
Kenshi (was DLC) (Good)
Rain (was DLC) (Evil/)
(scarlet is cool but not at all important story wise)
Shinnok (Evil)
Jataaka (Evil)
Sareena (Evil)
Kai (Good)
Reiko (Evil)
Tanya (Good/Evil)
Fujin (Good)
BoRaiCho (Good)
Li-Mei (Good)
Mavado (Evil)
Hsu Hao (Evil)
Nitara (Neutral)
Kira (Evil)
Kobra (Evil) (SHOTO JOKE)
Tremor (Evil)
Havik (Evil)

STORY...
I think the story will most likely revolve around Quan-Chi and Shinnok recruiting villains to help the Brotherhood of Shadows conquer the realms.
I'm guessing they will receive help from The Dragon clans and the Lin Kuei. They will also get help from Shao Kahn's formers and the Chaos Realm (Havik).....
Making a terrifying cast of villains. Can Raiden and his new champions stop them?

SUB-STORIES...
Scorpion learning the truth behind the death of the Shirai-Ryu from Frost. Then aiding Raiden while also hunting down Quan-Chi

Sektor killing his father and becoming the Grand Master of the Lin Kuei.

Ermac free from the control of Shao Kahn joins Raiden.

Cyrax System Malfunction and regaining his humanity, thus joining Raiden.

Cyrax and Frost take down the Lin Kuei. (would be sick!)

Kai Becomes earthrealms new champion.

VERY IMPORTANT!!!
The Sub Plot between Nitara, Cyrax, and Reptile that will set up the whole Dragon King thing! MKXI

Last edited:

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
I'd be surprised if Sub-zero didn't come back in some form or another. I also believe there will be a new villain.

It would be kind of repetitive to just reimagine every story line untill mka.

Other than that your guess is as good as mine.

Here is MINE!

Returning:
Rain (Evil)
Skarlet (Evil/Neutral)
Kenshi (Good)
Scorpion (Neutral/Good)
Sub-Zero - Kuai Liang (Good)
Noob Saibot - Bi-Han (Evil)
Reptile (Neutral/Good)
Ermac - King Jerrod (Good)
Johnny Cage (Good)
Sonya (Good)
Cyrax (Good)
Sektor (Evil)
Smoke (Good)
Jade (Good)
Liu Kang (Neutral)
Raiden (Good/Evil)
Mileena (Evil/Neutral)
Baraka (Evil)
Kano (Evil)
Quan Chi (Evil)

New:
Shinnok (Evil)
Kai (Good)
Fujin (Good)
Tanya (Evil)
Reiko (Evil)
Tremor (Evil/Neutral)
Sareena (Good)
Li Mei (Good)
Bo'Rai Cho (Good)
Mavado (Evil)
Drahmin (Evil)
Ashrah (Good)

DLC:
Havik (Neutral)
Kitana (Good)
Nitara (Neutral/Good)

Story:
- Shinnok and Quan Chi plan to rule or destroy Earthrealm and Outworld. They also kidnap Liu's burned body and Shinnok revives him and places a spell blinding him with false memories of Raiden.

- Kai takes on Liu Kang to set his head straight on what really happened and take over the title of champion.

- Sareena helps Kuai Liang be revived. With Kuai still stuck in his cyber body, he is revived in Outworld by Sareena to find a special armor designed by the cryomancers in order for him to be completely human again.

- Cyrax and Kenshi join Sonya. While Sektor takes over the Lin Kuei. Tremor makes a temporary alliance with Sonya while Kano joins Shinnok.

- Johnny learns to control his powers while in Seido

- Fujin takes over Raiden's spot as protector of Earthrealm as Raiden's powers are stripped away reduced to a mortal.

- Mileena takes of the throne of Outworld while Reiko secretly plots to betray her in order to seize the throne himself.

Last edited:

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
Here is MINE!

Returning:
Rain (Evil)
Skarlet (Evil/Neutral)
Kenshi (Good)
Scorpion (Neutral/Good)
Sub-Zero - Kuai Liang (Good)
Noob Saibot - Bi-Han (Evil)
Reptile (Neutral/Good)
Ermac - King Jerrod (Good)
Johnny Cage (Good)
Sonya (Good)
Cyrax (Good)
Sektor (Evil)
Smoke (Good)
Jade (Good)
Liu Kang (Neutral)
Raiden (Good/Evil)
Mileena (Evil/Neutral)
Baraka (Evil)
Kano (Evil)
Quan Chi (Evil)

New:
Shinnok (Evil)
Kai (Good)
Fujin (Good)
Tanya (Evil)
Reiko (Evil)
Tremor (Evil/Neutral)
Sareena (Good)
Li Mei (Good)
Bo'Rai Cho (Good)
Mavado (Evil)
Drahmin (Evil)
Ashrah (Good)

DLC:
Havik (Neutral)
Kitana (Good)
Nitara (Neutral/Good)

Story:
- Shinnok and Quan Chi plan to rule or destroy Earthrealm and Outworld. They also kidnap Liu's burned body and Shinnok revives him and places a spell blinding him with false memories of Raiden.

- Kai takes on Liu Kang to set his head straight on what really happened and take over the title of champion.

- Sareena helps Kuai Liang be revived. With Kuai still stuck in his cyber body, he is revived in Outworld by Sareena to find a special armor designed by the cryomancers in order for him to be completely human again.

- Cyrax and Kenshi join Sonya. While Sektor takes over the Lin Kuei. Tremor makes a temporary alliance with Sonya while Kano joins Shinnok.

- Johnny learns to control his powers while in Seido

- Fujin takes over Raiden's spot as protector of Earthrealm as Raiden's powers are stripped away reduced to a mortal.

- Mileena takes of the throne of Outworld while Reiko secretly plots to betray her in order to seize the throne himself.
Let the dead stay dead, to make room for new characters.....Tremor is a member of the Black Dragon, so that couldn't work. Johnny's powers thing wasn't canon.

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
I really hope Ermac makes the face turn. I will always love them no matter what, though.
He most likely should...since he's not being controlled by Kahn....The spirits are gonna fight for control in his head....and King Jerrod (King of Edenia) should win.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Cage does have more powers though in the future however, he has visions at some point besides his own regular energy/chi I should say.

But my list here:

First, characters i DON'T want to see return or stay dead Kabal, Kung Lao, Jax, Smoke, Jade, Kano, Kitana, Sindel, Sheeva, Baraka, Noob-Saibot, Shao Kahn, Stryker, Shang Tsung, Goro, Motaro, Kintaro, NightWolf, Drahmin, Hsu Hao, Darrius, Moloch and no Mokap. If they want to reference them, fine but NOT in gameplay please...

Onaga possibly at some point but not gameplay/playable.

Returning:

-Raiden(good)
-Sonya(good)
-Johnny Cage(good)
-Cyrax(good)
-Sektor(evil)
-Sub-Zero(either Kuai Lian resurrected again preferably in human form or a new Cyromancer all together just NOT Noob or Frost please...) and of course good)
-Ermac(good since he's freed from Kahn's dark magic)
-Kenshi(good)
-Rain(evil)
-Scorpion(neutral/good)
-Reptile(evil)
-Shinnok(evil)
-Quan-Chi(evil)
-Zombie resurrected Liu Kang(evil or neutral or good) DLC
-Mileena(evil)
-Skarlet(Neutral)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Newer/3D game or games outside of MK 9 characters:

-Sareena(evil)
-Dairou(neutral)
-Jarek(evil)
-Tremor(evil)
-Shujinko(good) DLC
-Bo Rai Cho(good)
-Havik(neutral)
-Tanya(evil)
-Kai(good)
-Movado(evil)
-Kobra(evil)
-Kira(evil)
-Meat(evil)
-Chameleon(neutral)
-Khameleon(neutral) DLC
-Taven(good)
-Daegon(evil) (maybe not sure)
-Reiko(evil)
-Li Mei(good)
-Nitara(neutral)
-Frost(neutral)
-Blaze(neutral)
-Ashrah(good)
-Hotaru(evil)

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
Cage does have more powers though in the future however, he has visions at some point besides his own regular energy/chi I should say.

But my list here:

First, characters i DON'T want to see return or stay dead Kabal, Kung Lao, Jax, Smoke, Jade, Kano, Kitana, Sindel, Sheeva, Baraka, Noob-Saibot, Shao Kahn, Stryker, Shang Tsung, Goro, Motaro, Kintaro, NightWolf, Drahmin, Hsu Hao, Darrius, Moloch and no Mokap. If they want to reference them, fine but NOT in gameplay please...

Onaga possibly at some point but not gameplay/playable.

Returning:

-Raiden(good)
-Sonya(good)
-Johnny Cage(good)
-Cyrax(good)
-Sektor(evil)
-Sub-Zero(either Kuai Lian resurrected again preferably in human form or a new Cyromancer all together just NOT Noob or Frost please...) and of course good)
-Ermac(good since he's freed from Kahn's dark magic)
-Kenshi(good)
-Rain(evil)
-Scorpion(neutral/good)
-Reptile(evil)
-Shinnok(evil)
-Quan-Chi(evil)
-Zombie resurrected Liu Kang(evil or neutral or good) DLC
-Mileena(evil)
-Skarlet(Neutral)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Newer/3D game or games outside of MK 9 characters:

-Sareena(evil)
-Dairou(neutral)
-Jarek(evil)
-Tremor(evil)
-Shujinko(good) DLC
-Bo Rai Cho(good)
-Havik(neutral)
-Tanya(evil)
-Kai(good)
-Movado(evil)
-Kobra(evil)
-Kira(evil)
-Meat(evil)
-Chameleon(neutral)
-Khameleon(neutral) DLC
-Taven(good)
-Daegon(evil) (maybe not sure)
-Reiko(evil)
-Li Mei(good)
-Nitara(neutral)
-Frost(neutral)
-Blaze(neutral)
-Ashrah(good)
-Hotaru(evil)
Im pretty sure Kano, Baraka and Sheeva never died...I replaying through the story to make sure right now. Save the Onaga stuff for MK11.....and what's wrong with Frost?
(I really don't like ressurection btw)

MKF30

Im pretty sure Kano, Baraka and Sheeva never died...I replaying through the story to make sure right now. Save the Onaga stuff for MK11.....and what's wrong with Frost?
(I really don't like ressurection btw)
That's why I said either stay dead or not return if they disappeared or whatever, gone. Baraka is debatable, since Jade stepped on his head hard to tell if she broke his neck or just KOed him...either way she kicked his ass and put him out. It looks like she KOEd him but then you never see him again after that I don't think. I'll have to double check myself now. Yeah Onaga can wait, but if he's hinted or showed in story mode I wouldnt mind. Frost is fine, just I hope she's not the "new Sub-Zero" that's all.

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
That's why I said either stay dead or not return if they disappeared or whatever, gone. Baraka is debatable, since Jade stepped on his head hard to tell if she broke his neck or just KOed him...either way she kicked his ass and put him out. It looks like she KOEd him but then you never see him again after that I don't think. I'll have to double check myself now. Yeah Onaga can wait, but if he's hinted or showed in story mode I wouldnt mind. Frost is fine, just I hope she's not the "new Sub-Zero" that's all.
Thats pretty fair I guess...But I honestly wouldn't mind her replacing him, as long as her playstyle is "cool"

MKF30

Thats pretty fair I guess...But I honestly wouldn't mind her replacing him, as long as her playstyle is "cool"
Yeah as long as she plays similar to Sub and not so much Killer Frost you know what i mean? lol Like give her an ice ball of some sort, her slide returning etc ;)

Assuming we don't see Sub-Zero again.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Yeah as long as she plays similar to Sub and not so much Killer Frost you know what i mean? lol Like give her an ice ball of some sort, her slide returning etc ;)

Assuming we don't see Sub-Zero again.
Frost could have subzero's ice shower.

MKF30

Frost could have subzero's ice shower.
Yeah if say both of them are in it, which is very possible they could have different moves all together.

Sub let's say his clone, ice blast, slide, ground ice shower(like from MKA), puddle teleport. I think this would make him at least mid tier...if not higher if done right.

Frost perhaps a dagger projectile like Kano's knives but Ice, a ground freeze, ice shower, cold shoulder dash kind of move(like a combination between NW's dash and Sub's 3D slide dash)

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Yeah if say both of them are in it, which is very possible they could have different moves all together.

Sub let's say his clone, ice blast, slide, ground ice shower(like from MKA), puddle teleport. I think this would make him at least mid tier...if not higher if done right.

Frost perhaps a dagger projectile like Kano's knives but Ice, a ground freeze, ice shower, cold shoulder dash kind of move(like a combination between NW's dash and Sub's 3D slide dash)
Human subzero should not teleport. It's dumb. Makes more sense if subzero is cyber.

MKF30

Human subzero should not teleport. It's dumb. Makes more sense if subzero is cyber.
I kind of liked his human teleport with puddle manipulation from MKDC though it could look cooler(no pun intended lol) or via the ground like Sub's intro from MK 9 ;) , but I can see how the cyber one would work too even though it wasn't as good as Cyrax's.

Last edited:
While all the games in the franchise have something to offer, I think it's safe to say that, prior to Mortal Kombat (2011), the best in the franchise was the original trilogy. Mortal Kombat 4 to Mortal Kombat: Armageddon were not as well received for several reasons, and I think NetherRealm Studios generally acknowledges this with Mortal Kombat (2011).

They rebooted the franchise and took it back to its roots while focusing on designing a product around proper competitive play. Story-wise, this also allows them to go in a completely different path than what they did before, and I believe they'll take advantage of this. They already made many changes to the original trilogy's story and with the way the game ended, I do suspect Shinnok will be the primary antagonist, even if he's not at the forefront, but I suspect they'll go in a different story direction than Mortal Kombat 4 and onward.

We do know that Shinnok survived Armageddon and he's an Elder God, one of the single most powerful beings in the universe. I suspect the Shinnok we saw at game's end is aware of how the timeline went and since he was clearly manipulating events behind the scenes, I suspect he's changing history to suit his ends.

I also suspect Lui Kang is not dead and will be a primary antagonist. He was already going against Raiden at game's end, his Arcade Ladder ending, though non-canon, hints at corruption, and bad Kang from Mortal Kombat Legacy was very well received. I think he'll return, alive, and be on the side of "evil."

In terms of returning characters, we know surviving fan favourites will be around: Scorpion, Mileena, Cyrax and Sektor, Reptile, Ermac, Sonya, Cage, Kenshi and Rain will likely be in the core roster, and of course Quan Chi will be around. While I'm also not keen on resurrections as it cheapens the meaning of death, they will happen so additional fan favourites will be back. So we will see Sub-Zero return and in human form, Kitana as well, perhaps Smoke and a few others.

In terms of additional characters though, I generally hope they invigorate with new characters instead of rehashing yet more from other games, and less popular ones at that. Keep such characters as referenced or as easter eggs to show homage and continuity with the original time line, but let's bring in some new, innovative content.

My thoughts anyway.

MKF30

@MKF30 On a side note, I saw your review months back on the Hori Gempad and picked it up as a result. Amazing pad, so thanks!
lol nice glad you enjoyed that ;) a few others told me the same thing. I definitely think it's a great pad, don't waste your time on the madcrapz controllers. Pick up a Hori today for those who want a top quality controller for MK with a great Dpad.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Nobody seems to mention that there were creative differences between john vogel and john Tobias and that the alternate timeline is vogel's version of mk, completely rewriting tobias's creation.