can you block super girl's lazers on reaction

• yes

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • no

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters

omooba

fear the moobs
for instance super girl's projectile or apparently firestorms projectiles. are we supposed to be able to block those on reaction or nah?

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Firestorms fireball seems to be based on the fact that it's unreactable (mb fireball or trait fireball). It seems to be a big part of his game. Sorta like how raven had the insta screen grab from 3/4 screen. Even though she didn't have to actually do it, that part of the screen was always hers

Supergirl on the other hand is dumb, there's no reason for her to have a point blank, plus projectile that's going to be a counterzoning nightmare vs zoners.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I was trying to in the beta. I felt like I maybe did a couple times but it was more likely 98% anticipation and pattern recognition than actually reacting to the move being performed to block it. I'd say no.

omooba

fear the moobs
well good to know. haven't really had to deal with unreactabe projectiles with fast ass recovery before so i'm definitely looking forward to gitting gud

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
it wouldn't be a huge problem to deal with but the walkspeed in this game if you don't main Supergirl and hold back all day is still disappointing

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Probably when you adapt to the game. But as far as firestorm Mb projectile. I don't think so

Redk9

Noob
If you didn't play the beta you shouldn't make assumptions. The start of super girls animation for her projectile is when she brings her head back, and that makes it reactable in the neutral. I will admit it had like no recovery on whiff though which I think is a problem

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
If you didn't play the beta you shouldn't make assumptions. The start of super girls animation for her projectile is when she brings her head back, and that makes it reactable in the neutral. I will admit it had like no recovery on whiff though which I think is a problem
pls I played the beta and I bodied like every supergirl it's still not reactable. Reactable is supermans Lasers startup and people still get hit by that. But no it's not invisible or anything lul

"reactable" like I have to know you want to do it, twitch db everytime the character makes an errant move kindve "reactble". Not like you're gonna ever see a scarecrow player do that projectile parry special against her reactable.

Last edited:

Redk9

Noob
pls I played the beta and I bodied like every supergirl it's still not reactable. Reactable is supermans Lasers startup and people still get hit by that. But no it's not invisible or anything lul

"reactable" like I have to know you want to do it, twitch db everytime the character makes an errant move kindve "reactble". Not like you're gonna ever see a scarecrow player do that projectile parry special against her reactable.
The question is if you can block it on reaction. Not if you can input a special with start up to counter it. You can block it on reaction

omooba

fear the moobs
The question is if you can block it on reaction. Not if you can input a special with start up to counter it. You can block it on reaction
i played beta on a monitor and mostly couldn't react to it which is why i made the post.

Redk9

Noob
i played beta on a monitor and mostly couldn't react to it which is why i made the post.
Well think about the fact that if you use her trait in a string it's interruptible. It's obviously not instant. I'm not saying it's not difficult to react too, but its certainly not impossible with good reactions. And by reaction I mean blocking.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Well think about the fact that if you use her trait in a string it's interruptible. It's obviously not instant. I'm not saying it's not difficult to react too, but its certainly not impossible with good reactions. And by reaction I mean blocking.
well call me crazy but reactable projectile to me means from fullscreen I could see it and at least parry/backdash it in time not just be able to block as my reaction lul but you know whatever I guess lul

Last edited:

Redk9

Noob
well call me crazy but reactable projectile to me means from fullscreen I could see it and at least parry/backdash it in time not just be able to block as my reaction lul but you know whatever I guess lul
Well that's not what the topic title is asking so I find that rather irrelevant. Also reactable means being able to perceive something, orient yourself to it, and make a decision on what to do such as block or crouch. Which you can do vs her trait. You don't need to be able to counter something for it to be reactable. Just like if I said a 22 frame overhead was reactable that doesn't mean I could interrupt it, it means I could recognize it and block it.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Well that's not what the topic title is asking so I find that rather irrelevant. Also reactable means being able to perceive something, orient yourself to it, and make a decision on what to do such as block or crouch. Which you can do vs her trait. You don't need to be able to counter something for it to be reactable. Just like if I said a 22 frame overhead was reactable that doesn't mean I could interrupt it, it means I could recognize it and block it.
you got me man it's not literally impossible to block supergirl's trait on "reaction" (its anticipation, from fullscreen lul) because they aren't invisible to the human eye.

Redk9

Noob
you got me man it's not literally impossible to block projectiles on reaction because they aren't invisible to the human eye.
That's not true either. Firestorms projectile is most likely too fast to block if you weren't already blocking. It's even faster than guiles ex sonic boom which from 1/3rd of the screen or closer is actually impossible to block on reaction.

Super girls trait on the other hand can be blocked on reaction. Because of it's slower start up animation, despite its fast travel time. That's the difference I'm trying to explain here.

If the move animates and hits in less than 19 frames, nope, at least not consistently in actual game scenarios. I feel like we've been over this a lot.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
That's not true either. Firestorms projectile is most likely too fast to block if you weren't already blocking. It's even faster than guiles ex sonic boom which from 1/3rd of the screen or closer is actually impossible to block on reaction.

Super girls trait on the other hand can be blocked on reaction. Because of it's slower start up animation, despite its fast travel time. That's the difference I'm trying to explain here.
a real reaction is to something like Supergirl teleport or superman lasers. I don't have to think and be ready for it at all as I walk forward to deal with it. What you're describing sounds more like having to bait something in order to block it and this is from fullscreen we're taking about. Midrange is a completely different story you're not reacting to it thinking about everything else.

Sure could you react to it from fullscreen a little easier ya but what else is Supergirl going to do so of course your mind is focused on the only possible thing to worry about? Still can't even parry it or jump it or move forward, things you definitely can do against Guile's ex sonic boom from fullscreen to even midrange pretty easily

Last edited:

Redk9

Noob
a real reaction is to something like Supergirl teleport or superman lasers. I don't have to think and be ready for it at all as I walk forward to deal with it. What you're describing sounds more like having to bait something in order to block it and this is from fullscreen we're taking about. Midrange is a completely different story you're not reacting to it thinking about everything else.

Sure could you react to it from fullscreen a little easier ya but what else is Supergirl going to do so of course your mind is focused on the only possible thing to worry about? Still can't even parry it or neutral jump it or move forward, things you definitely can do against Guile's ex sonic boom from fullscreen to even midrange pretty easily
My argument was never against it being good or bad. I think it's an amazing projectile. I'm aware of its power in the neutral. I only posted to comment on it being possible to react too it.