What's new

Can we finally agree this game's ranked system needs 2/3?

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I agree. This game has less random factor than Injustice 1 and MKX, so 2/3 usually tells us who the better player is.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
In all my sets across various games, I can't tell you the number of times I've been down 0-2 only to run the set back and either reverse 3-0, or end sets at 2-10 or some such number. The opponent wasn't better. Far from it.

I only ever play ranked when I simply can't find anybody in the kasual queue. What a tremendously awful change, making it FT2.

Rizz091

Noob
In all my sets across various games, I can't tell you the number of times I've been down 0-2 only to run the set back and either reverse 3-0, or end sets at 2-10 or some such number. The opponent wasn't better. Far from it.

I only ever play ranked when I simply can't find anybody in the kasual queue. What a tremendously awful change, making it FT2.
I'm curious if kombat league matches will be any different with set lengths.

Kargion

Noob
I find the big issue of 3/5 to be pretty crazy. People are acting like they were forced to play 3/5 matches. You could also choose to find another fighter. NRS didn't force players to do at max 5 matches with the same guy. That was a choice. Am I missing something? I played like like 30ish ranked matches before I went down the try to unlock everything from the krypt trap lol. For me I always re-match so I would play out all the matches no matter what, but that was my choice.

I don't know. It's odd because it feels like people were mad that NRS gave us the option to play out 3/5 matches.

I like 3/5. If it plays out you get some fun close matches.
2/3 is fine. Not my favorite but it is what it is.

EDIT: So running Kombat league today and you can't leave the set without forfeit. Was it that way outside Kombat League and I just am spacing out?

Last edited: