What's new

Can we discuss matchups?

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
If the person is mashing d1 or poke on wake-up, I'll throw in a parry to make them more hesitant. Of course, some people such as Brainiac have pokes that register as a low rather than a mid, so aside from the high risk, some match-ups straight up negate this strategy.
If you are talking about blowing up an Aquaman mashing d1 on their wake up, I would not advise this at all. The risk/reward is hugely in your opponents favor with Batman's parry.

Just do a meaty f2/b1 depending on the situation.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
What do you guys do against supergirl? I may just have bad matchup experience but I feel like when she does her string, the mid low one that I can't do anything. Everytime I try something I get hit out. Idk if its online lag or what.
If you have a 6f move you can do it after her B12 no matter what she does you can get a punish. For example aquaman can do d1xxdb2

This covers you for all af supergirls options after the b12. If she finishes the string your inputs won't come out and then you can punish it. If she does any special move except teleport you will catch her.

This last situation is if she cancelled b12 into teleport. This would cause your 6f to whiff and so the special won't come out. However I have only tried this with aquamans d1 the whiff recovery on other characters moves could be more making the teleport whiff punish you. But for example with aquaman I can still whiff a d1 and then block forward and punish.

So in short input(this is an aquaman example) d1xxdb2MBf(hold f whilst mashing MB)

Obviously in a match this is much tougher to execute but on paper it should be death when she does this string

JontyHar23

Never Stop Improving
If you are talking about blowing up an Aquaman mashing d1 on their wake up, I would not advise this at all. The risk/reward is hugely in your opponents favor with Batman's parry.

Just do a meaty f2/b1 depending on the situation.

JontyHar23

Never Stop Improving
I agree, the risk is incredibly high. I would only do it with 100% certainty and with an optimal set-up with trait following a successful parry, utilizing the tech posted in a seperate thread. Even then, it's probably not worth the risk. Although it would likely deter your opponent from mashing pokes on wake-up, that can be done more sufficiently with a meaty. Just an ill-advised but alternate option.

Last edited:

Jugghead

Noob
Match-ups I like: Wonder Woman, Bane, Brainiac, Robin, Scarecrow

Match-ups I don't like: Deadshot, Poison Ivy, Black Canary (I think I just need to learn her moves better), Cheetah (same as Black Canary), Dr Fate

I usually end up playing Darkseid against Deadshot, Poison Ivy, Cyborg, Dr Fate

Any secret tech for Deadshot besides D F D F D F D F would be greatly appreciated!

seakaybe

Noob
Match-ups I like: Wonder Woman, Bane, Brainiac, Robin, Scarecrow

Match-ups I don't like: Deadshot, Poison Ivy, Black Canary (I think I just need to learn her moves better), Cheetah (same as Black Canary), Dr Fate

I usually end up playing Darkseid against Deadshot, Poison Ivy, Cyborg, Dr Fate

Any secret tech for Deadshot besides D F D F D F D F would be greatly appreciated!
What I am trying with zoners is not using bats to get in. Walk in, like your comment above says, with bats out and bait them to try something when you've closed the gap, punish that with your bats then open them up. Make sure you trap them in the corner cause then they ain't going anywhere. Zoners love to walk themselves into the corner. sometimes I can lose my first health bar before I've trapped them but once they're in the corner the game is yours.

Jugghead

Noob
What I am trying with zoners is not using bats to get in. Walk in, like your comment above says, with bats out and bait them to try something when you've closed the gap, punish that with your bats then open them up. Make sure you trap them in the corner cause then they ain't going anywhere. Zoners love to walk themselves into the corner. sometimes I can lose my first health bar before I've trapped them but once they're in the corner the game is yours.
I hear ya. It's hard to keep that patience though. For someone like Fate, I don't think I'll ever use Batman. I've had much more success using Darkseid. I hear a lot about how Deadshot shouldn't be a tough match-up for Batman, so I've been trying to figure it out. What often kills me is when I finally get it I seem to always guess wrong and eat his MB wake-up knee (BF3?). Or I try to parry and he doesn't do it and combos me full screen again. I just watched a video how neutral jumping can punish it, so I'll give that a shot.

Also, I take back Cheetah as a match-up I don't like. I was in a KOTH with a pretty good one and had a lot of success with a barrage of both straight and up batarangs and trait. Up batarange to bait a dash in then immediately release trait then grapple reset into full combo really got him to play passive.

Jugghead

Noob
I’m going to disaggree with:
-SG:she has nothing but yolo ports to open you up after you call in bats, walk her to the corner until her patience gives out, outlame her and os d2 ALWAYS after b12(you’ll always smack her if she tries frost breath) 5-5
-Flash:any decent Flash will try to bait you into using your bats with rms and is able to anti air EASILY our jump 2.However we also get to punish backdashes via jump 2 reads, so the rushdown meta is equal.You can pressure all you want and he can 50/50 all he wants. 5/5, 6/4 if the Flash struggles against batarangs.
-WoWo:both characters have efficient tools against each other and you can play the full screen or rushdown.She wants the mid range.5-5
@SaucyD0ge to avoid that other thread getting overrun by a bunch of people crying about Batman, we can discuss it here.

SG: I agree about the D2. The main thing is her lasers can easily clip you can get rid of bats. You have to be super careful if you want to keep them. If you do that will really limit your movement. Then when you have no bats she can really out footsie you, and she has great mobility.

Flash: I feel pretty strongly about this one. Batman can zone him out pretty effectively. Then dip in and out when he wants. You're right about his D2 vs Batman's J2 but I don't think Batman needs to do a lot of J2ing. Unless he gets you in the corner I don't think he has the range to prevent you from escaping his pressure.

WW: I can see 5-5, but I think only mid screen favors her.

JontyHar23

Never Stop Improving
Some notes for the WW matchup: Mid screen seems to be in her favor. Full screen is in Batman's favor because you are too far away for her shield to reach, but you can throw Batarrangs and gain meter. Most WW players will begin to parry your batarangs. Also, keep in mind that her non-meterburned shield is like -30 or something on block, while meterburned version is like -17. NEVER let WW bully you with non-meterburned shield. I don't often play against WW, but I hope some of this can be helpful.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Some notes for the WW matchup: Mid screen seems to be in her favor. Full screen is in Batman's favor because you are too far away for her shield to reach, but you can throw Batarrangs and gain meter. Most WW players will begin to parry your batarangs. Also, keep in mind that her non-meterburned shield is like -30 or something on block, while meterburned version is like -17. NEVER let WW bully you with non-meterburned shield. I don't often play against WW, but I hope some of this can be helpful.
Afaik reversal slide should be able to punish non mb shield and does it go under the returning high mb shield?

JontyHar23

Never Stop Improving
Afaik reversal slide should be able to punish non mb shield and does it go under the returning high mb shield?
I actually went and tested it. WW's shield toss is -33 on block, and meterburned version being -18. Batman's slide has 16 frames of start-up, so a reversal slide can easily punish non-meterburned shield toss. However, the high from the meterburned version will catch a start-up of the reversal attempt. If she does meterburned version at point blank, I could consistently duck the high and punish with B1,1.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I actually went and tested it. WW's shield toss is -33 on block, and meterburned version being -18. Batman's slide has 16 frames of start-up, so a reversal slide can easily punish non-meterburned shield toss. However, the high from the meterburned version will catch a start-up of the reversal attempt. If she does meterburned version at point blank, I could consistently duck the high and punish with B1,1.
Ok.Sometimes punish with slide and bait the meter burn.

Jugghead

Noob
Yesterday was the first time I've played against Atom. Maybe this was already known, but in the corner the up batarang on 112 up batarang does not connect. I believe he's the only character that happens to.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Yesterday was the first time I've played against Atom. Maybe this was already known, but in the corner the up batarang on 112 up batarang does not connect. I believe he's the only character that happens to.
Yeah that happened to me and lost me the game. Idk how it even happens but its dumb asf. Just replace it with 22 up batarang instead.