What's new

Can someone confirm bait and switch

coolwhip

Noob
While I respect the shady tactics of MLG, it does make me laugh. And this is "supposed" to be a major company doing used car salesman tactics. I mean I am sure BenQ gave a good amount of money to be MLG exclusive monitors. But on a "BUSINESS" aspect, looks like a child like maneuver. I will not put them on blast over this, but just remember the MO, this is the nature of this business. Fucking people over. Nuff said
Shouldn't you confirm this took place before putting them on blast? No pun intended.

Gimmick

Noob
While I respect the shady tactics of MLG, it does make me laugh. And this is "supposed" to be a major company doing used car salesman tactics. I mean I am sure BenQ gave a good amount of money to be MLG exclusive monitors. But on a "BUSINESS" aspect, looks like a child like maneuver. I will not put them on blast over this, but just remember the MO, this is the nature of this business. Fucking people over. Nuff said
I think i would rather MLG cater to the players rather than sponsers. This tells you where MLG has their priorities. Your just looking for every little thing to criticize mlg, even when it does right by the players.

So many of you are completely clueless as to what you're talking about. MLG isn't going to just buy 30+ ASUS monitors and have those set out instead of their BenQ monitors and pay for it all out of pocket, while simultaneously risking breaching contract with BenQ, losing a bunch of sponsorship money from them, and risking lawsuits.

There is more than meets the eye here, and I'm sure that nobody was "fucked over" in the process of making all this happen. I'm not sure why people are reading into this so much when the only information they have to go on is hearsay about the monitors. SMH community

Next time i want xbox 360 consoles put inside PS3 shells, that'd be an even better move

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
So many of you are completely clueless as to what you're talking about. MLG isn't going to just buy 30+ ASUS monitors and have those set out instead of their BenQ monitors and pay for it all out of pocket, while simultaneously risking breaching contract with BenQ, losing a bunch of sponsorship money from them, and risking lawsuits.

There is more than meets the eye here, and I'm sure that nobody was "fucked over" in the process of making all this happen. I'm not sure why people are reading into this so much when the only information they have to go on is hearsay about the monitors. SMH community

Next time i want xbox 360 consoles put inside PS3 shells, that'd be an even better move
As long as my PS3 controller will work on it :p

Kevo

Formerly Kevo8390
Anyone who was there including myself could tell you that yes there were benq stickers over the asus logo on the back and the small asus logo under the screen on the front was blacked out with tape. Not blowing anyone up because I really don't care but this isn't hearsay just fact.

Nathan Frost

Cybernetic Pyro Maniac
I don't get it. Tournament players seem to prefer asus monitors and these dudes took a risk so they can have a great tournament experience... So what is the problem? Get over this petty shit, no competitor who went to mlg was screwed in any way.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Regarding my last post, I believed the people that said MLG replaced their BenQ monitors (tough to call bullshit on people who were actually there). I just want to reiterate that I doubt MLG would do this if this would come back to bite them in the ass. Thus, they probably reached an agreement with BenQ or they found a loophole in the contract.

jamessmk

I am your god
I think i would rather MLG cater to the players rather than sponsers. This tells you where MLG has their priorities. Your just looking for every little thing to criticize mlg, even when it does right by the players.
I criticize anything I desire. I mean I ain't exposed this on The On blast Show. So relax son

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Ben-Q's suck for fighting games. If the lag is more than an Asus then it screws everybody's timing up. MLG did the right thing by replacing them with ASUS. Remember all the complaints the past few tourneys? I don't think that what they are doing is shady, because they did it for the players.

jamessmk

I am your god
It won't be TYM without JamesMK complaining about MLG for the sake of complaining about MLG.
Hey.. I laugh at all this, this supposed professional company, with millions of dollars. Does a fraudulent move and probably a contract breach. Everyone says its me picking in poor MLG. I love it

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
This is pretty hilarious when you think about it.

MLG are probably gonna get fucked over because of this, theres got to be a contract breach down there somewhere.

Thats not even as funny as when the MK Community blame JamesMK for this.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Nobody knows the true circumstances here. Whatever MLG did was in the best interest of all parties involved and i wouldnt rustle the hive over something as trivial as this. MLG is the best thing that has happened for MK over the past year keeping our game and community alive and strong. They obviously like to listen to us and love that we are so active. No need to try to come up with reasons to not like them.

blame JamesMK for this.
agreed, wtf jamessmk lol, jk
but i agree it was nothing to get worked up over. the stickers failing to cover the entire logo on the back was pretty funny but the monitors ran well. there were more problems with the audio setups than the visual. i know Madzin's audio was muffled against WoundCowboy*, and while i dont think that's the reason he lost (because cowboy's play was very solid this weekend), it did get to him.

*tested it myself and let cowboy check, he thought it was fine, i thought at the very least it could have been clearer, but what was really interesting is that the sound levels were different depending on which plug (black, green, or red) you used. i think those jacks are made specifically for turtle beach 3-plug headphones and you wont be able to hear properly without them. that's pretty dumb if you ask me. if they're going to do something like that then they should provide headphones.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
agreed, wtf jamessmk lol, jk
but i agree it was nothing to get worked up over. the stickers failing to cover the entire logo on the back was pretty funny but the monitors ran well. there were more problems with the audio setups than the visual. i know Madzin's audio was muffled against WoundCowboy*, and while i dont think that's the reason he lost (because cowboy's play was very solid this weekend), it did get to him.

*tested it myself and let cowboy check, he thought it was fine, i thought at the very least it could have been clearer, but what was really interesting is that the sound levels were different depending on which plug (black, green, or red) you used. i think those jacks are made specifically for turtle beach 3-plug headphones and you wont be able to hear properly without them. that's pretty dumb if you ask me. if they're going to do something like that then they should provide headphones.
the black port is the one everyone should have used (it's the center channel). the other are for front and rear channels (or rear and subwoofer or something, i forget), which is why the audio may have been muffled. also, there were a lot of audio settings you could change that could cause distortion. the "high action" setting made kitana's fans sound like nails on a chalkboard lol. i agree they should have been clearer about how to use the headphone jack though for people who are unfamiliar with the setup.