What's new

Cage's X-Ray Attack

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Definitely is gonna make him dangerous to pressure if he gets X-Ray, because the shit can combo out of it lmao.

Kano already has this in MK vs DC (discovered by me), and the combo potential was in the 100's.

While it may be good, there are ways around it, like shooting projectiles.

Im willing to bet he can combo into it like everyone else. That is the primary use of it. Dont forget that boon mentioned that are more then 3 ways to use your meter. I think he said 6 or 7.

As for comboing out of it, i also think every character will be able to do that too in the final build.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Cage's parry also may be vulnerable to low attacks(I'm thinking MKA parries here if it works similar) I noticed his parry/X-ray move zones mid/high so I wonder if a sweep would take him out, if so then people will catch on and Cage's X-ray will be near to useless(against good players anyway) but I guess we'll have to wait and see if it parries every attack low/high or just high ones.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, I definitely agree with that ^. In any fighter if you use your super/x-ray/power attack whatever it should definitely DRAIN the whole meter....the only times I've noticed it doesn't in certain games if it's interrupted or something like that but I definitely think if you use it, despite whiffing or hits or blocked whatever, it should use the whole meter.

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
The disavdantage of Cage's X-Ray

Whilst watching some tournament play, I just thought about something.

Having a counter X-Ray puts Cage at a big disadvantage where he needs to close out the round, in a situation where his opponent has 2 bars to break. In theory, the opponent "IS GIVEN A CHANCE" to come back and take the round.

Compared to the rest of the cast, whom could combo X-Ray presumably after the first hit, for an unbreakable 30% - enough for the kill shot.

Whats your thoughts on the matter? I view it as another disadvantage against Cage. I suppose being able to combo after "the fact" makes up for it a little, as not many characters can combo after X-Ray, but the risk is there.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Personally, I just zone and throw Johnny once he's got his x-ray. It's also limited to a few seconds, once he's finished the phrase it's safe to hit him. Though, I haven't actually tested to see if he can counter a throw, so I may be putting myself in harms way potentially by doing that.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Personally, I just zone and throw Johnny once he's got his x-ray. It's also limited to a few seconds, once he's finished the phrase it's safe to hit him. Though, I haven't actually tested to see if he can counter a throw, so I may be putting myself in harms way potentially by doing that.
You are very much putting yourself in harm's way doing that. He counters everything if you are close to him throws, attacks, and projectiles (if you are nearly touching him) other X-Rays. (testing all the x-rays right now actually, will edit post once I make sure he can counter all of them or not)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
You are very much putting yourself in harm's way doing that. He counters everything if you are close to him throws, attacks, and projectiles (if you are nearly touching him) other X-Rays. (testing all the x-rays right now actually, will edit post once I make sure he can counter all of them or not)
Good info, I knew about the attacks and projectiles if touching him, just wasn't sure on the throws. I'm certainly interested in finding which x-rays he can counter!

Zebster

How's my volume?
He counters ALMOST all X-Rays in the game. The only ones he can't counter are his own (of course) and the banned character's, AKA Kratos. So, seeing as Kratos is banned I think it is safe to say that Cage can counter all but 1 attack in the game (in close proximity), that being his own X-Ray.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
He counters ALMOST all X-Rays in the game. The only ones he can't counter are his own (of course) and the banned character's, AKA Kratos. So, seeing as Kratos is banned I think it is safe to say that Cage can counter all but 1 attack in the game (in close proximity), that being his own X-Ray.
Wait, he can Parry Sheeva's X-Ray? :confused:
This sounds very strange...

Anyway, I think this makes him even more awesome! I mean, counter Cyrax's X-Ray, which was done as a desperate attempt of not losing the match for Flawless Victory online, is simply WONDERFUL. :D

Zebster

How's my volume?
Wait, he can Parry Sheeva's X-Ray? :confused:
This sounds very strange...
Yeah I know right? Actually of all the characters I thought Sheeva's would be the one that couldn't be countered but not so. Interesting stuff. Useful if you can react to certain attacks/pokes well, and this early on, useful for catching panicking opponents.

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
It's a great X-Ray, cause you can FK+BK+Block to whip it out on reaction to OWN everything in the game. Now suppose you have full X-Ray stocked and your opponent wants to bait you out.

As the opponent, how would one go about baiting Cage's X-Ray? Anyone know any good baits or has been X-Ray baited? Please do share.

Zebster

How's my volume?
It's a great X-Ray, cause you can FK+BK+Block to whip it out on reaction to OWN everything in the game. Now suppose you have full X-Ray stocked and your opponent wants to bait you out.

As the opponent, how would one go about baiting Cage's X-Ray? Anyone know any good baits or has been X-Ray baited? Please do share.
Well I used to throw out an X-Ray a second after doing a block-string to catch anyone trying to punish my block-string. Of course, since I always played the same group of people, they caught on and just kept blocking. Might still be a viable bait though. Don't know how you'd bait what I do with the X-Ray though, as I just do the X-Ray on reaction to a move now.