What's new

Burn-in/ghost image on my LCD TV???

techn9ne

Footsies
ok guys I might need a little help here... i just recently acquired an LCD Tv from my cousin... i notice that when playing any game that has a constant display such as fighters/fps that I will get a ghost image in that spot for a little bit, it usually goes away without me turning the TV off. If I leave the game paused lets say for five minutes I will have a ghost image on the screen when I continue play. Is this something to worry about? Have I messed my settings on my TV up? I thought LCD were not supposed to do this?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
if you had a plasma tv id be worried but its just an lcd your fine.. stuff like that happens, but you dont ever have to worry about the image staying.. i had an LCD once long ago i had thought i had burned in an image on it, but i just left the tv on blue screen one day for a few hours and it removed the image..

my current LCD i sometimes see an image from like a screen in a video game that was there a few mins ago, so its a "ghost image", but i tend to only see this when the screen goes black for a few moments.. so you have nothing to worry about.. however if its an image thats there always and not going away, all you have to do is do what i did for my first LCD.

techn9ne

Footsies
if you had a plasma tv id be worried but its just an lcd your fine.. stuff like that happens, but you dont ever have to worry about the image staying.. i had an LCD once long ago i had thought i had burned in an image on it, but i just left the tv on blue screen one day for a few hours and it removed the image..

my current LCD i sometimes see an image from like a screen in a video game that was there a few mins ago, so its a "ghost image", but i tend to only see this when the screen goes black for a few moments.. so you have nothing to worry about.. however if its an image thats there always and not going away, all you have to do is do what i did for my first LCD.
Thanks Dan, I was just worried there for a min... it is just enough to drive me nuts, and now that I have seen it I am always gonna be looking for it lol. But anyways thanks for the advice Dan, I can sleep peacefully now lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This happens on my Bro's TV too. He's had it for awhile now, just something you have to deal with I guess.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Yea Ive seen this to, Its not really a problem. It does happen if you have the same image on the screen for a length of time. What I do alot of times if I have to pause a game is I turn the tv off as well.

techn9ne

Footsies
Yea Ive seen this to, Its not really a problem. It does happen if you have the same image on the screen for a length of time. What I do alot of times if I have to pause a game is I turn the tv off as well.
Thanks Rob, I been doing that lately it seems to help but I notice it after one match when I go back to the select screen. very strange, as long as it is nothing to worry about its no big deal.