What's new

General/Other Buff Wish List

Overall I am pretty happy with her. However, since patches are always in the works we should probably give NRS a list to reference :)

Here are mine:
MB option to her Silly Slide that gave it armor (ala Skarlet) - would save some time getting in

MB option for her trait to make it useful. For instance MB+trait+3 would always trigger the bomb

What would you want to see?

Fear_Me

Noob
I think she's perfectly fine the way she is, and she will get better as time goes on.
If I had to give her a buff it would the hitbox of d2.
But it's dumb talking about that stuff so early in the game, and no offense dude but if NRS would give her armor on Silly Slide she'd be dumb imo. She has ways to close the gap without armor, Slide into tantrum which lowers her hurtbox and bam and from fullscreen to jump distance.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Only thing I really complain about is her trait. I'm fine with how bomb is as its actually the fastest of her traits, is unblockable, and the duck animation actually ducks highs. But the hp and dmg buffs are not worth it for how punishable they are and there are (currently) ZERO safe setups for it.

Her wakeup game could use a little help too imo. But everything else about her is great as is.

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
I don't want any buffs for her. Its only month 1; she still has potential that no one has discovered yet. Yea, I know her trait is super punishable, but that's what I love about her. If she can spam out her trait with little risk, it wouldn't be that fun imo. Imagine you can just do trait full screen and get rose, then just play super lame and let your health regenerate and then rinse and repeat. Sure, you might get a TNT or Mr.J, but your opponent can't punish you for it. I don't know, personally I think she's perfect.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
After playing hundreds of games with her so far, the only thing harley needs desperately is a better victory animation.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

After playing hundreds of games with her so far, the only thing harley needs desperately is a better victory animation.

Totally agree with you on that.. Her animation is so ... bleh

Eshi

Noob
Harley is overall a great character, but these are some changes I'd like to see.

Buffs:
Her trait is worthless because of flower and picture. Reduce their recovery frames.
Improve either the hitbox or start-up of Heads Up so it's not such a shitty anti-air.
Widen the special cancel window on D2. It's ridiculously stringent, just a quality of life buff.

Nerfs:
Reduce the block stun on 2D3 a little. +10 is borderline OP.

Here is my wish list:

From Tantrum stance option 1, make this an overhead, instead of a mid. That way your opponent cant just hold down to block lows.mids.
Make silly slide cancelable (like Kabal's dash)
F 1, 3 - should stand the opponent up in the corner (if done a second time), instead of bounding them again. This will cause free damage.

Really the only true overhead that's good it F2. IMO F1, 3 and Jumping 3 aren't that good.

Also, make the MB Gun Bomb (forget the name of it), jail instead of push back for more added pressure game.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
In love with Harley!!! Most fun I've had in a fighting game in a long time...

Two wishes for Harley:

1) Ability to cancel Silly Slide with moves other than TS.
2) Change her Playing Doctor input to something that flows.

These are the only 2 issues I have with her- and really are no big deal- but I am willing to put up with a shit trait if those two are fixed.

Thanks!!!!

I just want them to fix her hair clipping through her arm at the end of the victory animation when using the default outfit. Bothers me so much that I don't use that outfit anymore.

But to be honest I love the victory animation. It's so troll to say "Lighten up, will ya!" after a really tough match. :)

This is just my opinion so take it or leave it but I think this game is fairly well balanced as it is and can be balanced almost universally by tweaking a character's trait.

That said I think Harley could stand another pass on her trait.

If I was really being greedy I wouldn't mind her overhead being like 4 frames faster (making it 23 frames).

Jermball

Noob
Harley is overall a great character, but these are some changes I'd like to see.

Buffs:
Her trait is worthless because of flower and picture. Reduce their recovery frames.
Improve either the hitbox or start-up of Heads Up so it's not such a shitty anti-air.
Widen the special cancel window on D2. It's ridiculously stringent, just a quality of life buff.

Nerfs:
Reduce the block stun on 2D3 a little. +10 is borderline OP.
She really doesn't need a trait imo....but if you like trait, keep the life lead in the match. Land a super and take a risk. Thats what I like
About the trait, because if you risk trait and get dynamite, that's a free 40% unblockable reset.

For aa gun shot you only use it if you know they're jumping, its actually not as terrible as you think. Otherwise neutral jump 2 usually always wins.

D2 I think is honestly useless...if you want reliable anti air, use b3 instead...its also plus on block.

Idk I really use 2d3 a lot...it helps against players who block well and I use it to open them up. But i could live with that only if
They improved the hitbox on 1. The range is wonky...and considering this is one of the fastest in the game at 4 frames, its lame it hits random at times.

Harley doesn't need a buff or nerf...her trait is crap because her rushdown is so strong that if they made trait in a way where you get dynamite with a meter burn she would be absolutely broken, because dynamite is a free 40% setup and nobody else can mb their trait. Same for silly slide. Being able to cancel silly slide to tantrum is already really strong and super. Mb B3 is your best friend with harley.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Buff the MK style inputs. I'm so sick of getting special moves because I happen to be holding down + forward/back when trying to counter poke. The reason it worked so well in mortal kombat is because diagonal inputs were non existant. If the inputs are supposed to be mk style, remove diagonals for this input preference. Shit is more frustrating than the negative edge everyone complains about.

Inb4 pad players telling me they have no issues. This game runs like shit on ps3 and I love playing on stick. I hope Xbox becomes the tournament console of choice for this game.

Fear_Me

Noob
Buff the MK style inputs. I'm so sick of getting special moves because I happen to be holding down + forward/back when trying to counter poke. The reason it worked so well in mortal kombat is because diagonal inputs were non existant. If the inputs are supposed to be mk style, remove diagonals for this input preference. Shit is more frustrating than the negative edge everyone complains about.

Inb4 pad players telling me they have no issues. This game runs like shit on ps3 and I love playing on stick. I hope Xbox becomes the tournament console of choice for this game.
What's the difference between the versions?

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
What's the difference between the versions?
Capcom style inputs require more rolling and precision so the inputs look a lot more drastic. However due to capcom style inputs requiring a fireball motion to be d->df->f 1 you don't accidently get a special move for just pressing d+f. Try it in training mode. Pick like green arrow and just input down + back 1 real quick you will get an upward arrow shot because it reads it as down then back in mk style inputs. Now imagine a situation where you just needed to press down 1 but you happen to be pressing down + forward or back slightly and end up throwing out a special instead.

Jermball

Noob

Try turning release check (negative edge) off in the controller setup and it helps a bit with moves you didn't want to come out
Also if the diagonals are not your style, turn alternate control off in controller setup and it reverts back to mk input. Hope this helps.

Fear_Me

Noob
Capcom style inputs require more rolling and precision so the inputs look a lot more drastic. However due to capcom style inputs requiring a fireball motion to be d->df->f 1 you don't accidently get a special move for just pressing d+f. Try it in training mode. Pick like green arrow and just input down + back 1 real quick you will get an upward arrow shot because it reads it as down then back in mk style inputs. Now imagine a situation where you just needed to press down 1 but you happen to be pressing down + forward or back slightly and end up throwing out a special instead.
I know that, my question was about the PS3 and 360 versions, because you said that the 360 should be tourney standard.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Try turning release check (negative edge) off in the controller setup and it helps a bit with moves you didn't want to come out
Also if the diagonals are not your style, turn alternate control off in controller setup and it reverts back to mk input. Hope this helps.
I understand how negative edge and alternate controls work. I'm just saying that the MK style inputs are not a true port of mk9 inputs due to the existance of diagonals now in this game. Diagonals did not exist in mk9. You can go to training, turn on inputs and see.

Due to diagonals being added the game now reads inputs incorrectly. Leave diagonals for the capcom style inputs, get rid of them for mk9 style inputs for a true port of motion/button preferences.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I know that, my question was about the PS3 and 360 versions, because you said that the 360 should be tourney standard.
Ps3 players are just known for having a pad prefference which was the only reason we saw mk9 played on ps3 everywhere. Ps3 drops frames a lot and chokes when a lot of background animations are happening along with foreground animations. Xbox just runs the game better for this reason.

Jermball

Noob
You don't need to hold db to block just hold down...maybe that might help. I've played ps3 pad its not bad at all...but that's just me.