What's new

General/Other Buff Wish List

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
You don't need to hold db to block just hold down...maybe that might help. I've played ps3 pad its not bad at all...but that's just me.
But my preference is stick. If you know how sticks are designed you would understand my frustration but if not ill explain a little.

When you move your joystick past the half way point you will feel a click. This is called the deadzone. At this point the stick is now reading motion inputs. So in order to complete a standard down motion you have to be very precise. Sometimes that is not always possible in the heat of the moment and you end up moving slightly down+back or down+forward thus resulting in a fireball motion due to the way this game reads mk9 style inputs.

This shit is so hard to explain on here, you would just have to experience it..

Jermball

Noob
I have a madcatz stick. I think you just need work on your motions not to be offensive...I'm just trying to be honest I don't see any problems with diagonal inputs.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I have a madcatz stick. I think you just need work on your motions not to be offensive...I'm just trying to be honest I don't see any problems with diagonal inputs.
I just don't think you're comprehending the issue here. Try playing the game on stick with mk9 style inputs or shit just go into training and test what I'm saying.

As I said before I knew pad players wouldn't understand what I am saying and just try to tell me to get better. But I've been playing fighting games on sticks for 10 years + so go ahead and tell me there is no issue with how the inputs were implemented and its my fault. Or maybe talk to someone like @Juiceboxabel about it...

Just to note I rarely have issues with the inputs but when I do it is frustrating.

Fear_Me

Noob
Ps3 players are just known for having a pad prefference which was the only reason we saw mk9 played on ps3 everywhere. Ps3 drops frames a lot and chokes when a lot of background animations are happening along with foreground animations. Xbox just runs the game better for this reason.
I got a fat PS3 and have no problems with Injustice. Only game were I really see a difference is MK9, which has problems displaying the Xrays properly and has dropped frames in some corner combos in certain stages when in training mode and only in training mode.

Fear_Me

Noob
But my preference is stick. If you know how sticks are designed you would understand my frustration but if not ill explain a little.

When you move your joystick past the half way point you will feel a click. This is called the deadzone. At this point the stick is now reading motion inputs. So in order to complete a standard down motion you have to be very precise. Sometimes that is not always possible in the heat of the moment and you end up moving slightly down+back or down+forward thus resulting in a fireball motion due to the way this game reads mk9 style inputs.

This shit is so hard to explain on here, you would just have to experience it..
What stick do you use? I have a TE Round 2 with a sqaure gate and I only had to get used to the kinda weird stuff like a fast d1 in TS, which came out as a gunshot in the beginning. Since I got used to only block with down indead of downback I have no problems.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
What stick do you use? I have a TE Round 2 with a sqaure gate and I only had to get used to the kinda weird stuff like a fast d1 in TS, which came out as a gunshot in the beginning. Since I got used to only block with down indead of downback I have no problems.
I'm using multiple versions of TE sticks. Down counting as block is nice but I play other fighting games and I feel like working this in as a habit just for injustice will effect my defensive patterns in other games. Regardless, I don't care to discuss it more at this point. I'll deal with it.

Bolton

Noob
After playing hundreds of games with her so far, the only thing harley needs desperately is a better victory animation.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I think it's one of the best in the game! Kicking people when they're down, that's Harley Quinn for you!

bc_atlas

Noob
There's really only one thing that can be said about buffing/nerfing Harley at this point:

Her trait is GARBAGE. Unfortunately making its recovery/startup excellent would make it one of the best traits in the game (33% chance of unblockable combo, 33% chance of gaining health back), so I'm not sure how to buff it. I would be fine with them replacing it with a brand new trait.

It's hard to speculate on anything else because buffing her rushdown could make her broken and she's already okay at zoning. The only aspect of her gameplay I see being below average is her mid-range neutral game but good luck finding a buff for that without making her top.

As I play the game more and more, the one buff I'd like to see is to make TS Cartwheel safe on block. It's her main offense, and can be full combo punished by anyone with a 6 frame starter, if blocked low, and anyone with like a 6 to 9 frame starter if blocked high. I'm not saying plus on block, but something like -4 or 5, similar to KF's slide.

I may be asking too much though lol

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
As I play the game more and more, the one buff I'd like to see is to make TS Cartwheel safe on block. It's her main offense, and can be full combo punished by anyone with a 6 frame starter, if blocked low, and anyone with like a 6 to 9 frame starter if blocked high. I'm not saying plus on block, but something like -4 or 5, similar to KF's slide.

I may be asking too much though lol
Would much rather see the cartwheel hit overhead :(

How do you guys feel about making her Slippy Slide a MB special move? Spending one meter would cancel the recovery frames whereever she is in the animation and you could play mind games with her overhead and MB b3/f3.

I think that would be keeping with the spirit of her playstyle while also speeding up the game and opening up options.

Mr Bodied

That's not a bad suggestion, as I feel I constantly have full meter with Harley. A practical use for MB moves wouldn't be bad, as I find myself hardly using any of them, except MB PD, and maybe MB gunshots to close rounds.

xWEBSx

Yet again not a bad idea. I feel her overhead options are very limited. I find you can simply crouch block her all day ureyday. With the exception of jump ins and her snail speed f2, crouch blocking f13 won't lead to full combo, so you're probs safest crouch blocking against her. Maybe a MB Cartwheel which adds an extra hit which is overhead?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
[xWEBSx

Yet again not a bad idea. I feel her overhead options are very limited. I find you can simply crouch block her all day ureyday. With the exception of jump ins and her snail speed f2, crouch blocking f13 won't lead to full combo, so you're probs safest crouch blocking against her. Maybe a MB Cartwheel which adds an extra hit which is overhead?
The fact that TS cant be MB is strange to me.. It is also strange that having three options out of TS can ALL be blocked low.. It makes me scratch my head.. However once Harley is on a roll, between her J2, TS, and B3/F3 Pressure my goal is to make the opponent freeze and choke on block.... And basically not know where the hell I'm coming from... And if they get privy to my scheme... Back off and zone/harass and make them mess up coming in. TS1 hitting Overhead would be SOOOOOOO SOOOOOOO nice...

Burgessssssss- you Ps or Xbox?

fuck sticks. i was 6 when sf2 came out so i didnt have car or quarters to play in the arcade like you senior citizens did, so SNES game pad it was for me. i feel that my left thumb is much more coordinated and easier to use then my elbow/wrist or whatever. anyways they should chill out with whiffed pop gun charge recovery, it is insanely too long, and maybe some type of system in place where theres situations where it is less or more likely to come out, like if you have a huge life lead, the more of a chance full charge popgun whiff, if that system isnt already in place that is, it might be, just haven't figured out the criterias yet.

That's another thing I thing needs a tweak. The complete random factor of her trait or a fully charge Pop Pop. No other character has a mechanic like this, and there's simply no place in it for a competitive fighting game.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
That's another thing I thing needs a tweak. The complete random factor of her trait or a fully charge Pop Pop. No other character has a mechanic like this, and there's simply no place in it for a competitive fighting game.
Hmmm.. I kind of like the randomness of her full charge Pop Pop backfire and shitty/random trait... I think it adds "character" to the character and in all about it. I think the full charge Pop Pop without chance of failure would be too strong.. So the failure chance is there to use it at your own risk. Another reason why I would like her to retain Pop Pop failure chance and shitty trait is because she will be less likely to be hit with the nerf bat in the future.... And if she stays the same.. I'm really okay with that :)
And Burgers.. Don't care if you're across the pond.. Not playing for money :) on Xbox as well.. Same tag as here.. Will look for you and see if the game is playable.. Like to try some tech work with you :)

xWEBSx

The possible lag was just a heads up lol. Maybe we can run a few sets.

I get where you're coming from in regards to her random factor, but let's be serious, who's getting hit by a fully charged Pop Pop? lol It's only the chars with no projectiles, and even Bane and Grundy can armor through it, or jump it. Catwoman can Evade it with her Cat Evade, or simply sit in Cat Stance and it goes right over her, Flash can d3 under it. Say you are trying to zone them, a dud allows them to close that space. It's not good enough to fail 10% of the time imo lol

Her trait too. It's terrible. Worst in game imo. Yes it's fitting to her character, as does everyone else's trait. However, Aquaman gets a free breaker every time you start a ground combo. Superman has a damage buff and ignores armor. Doomsday gets super armor by turning into a brick wall for 10 hits/seconds. Harley's trait? She gets short term Alzheimer's by not remembering what she keeps in her pockets, then gets confused, stands still and get's full combo punished while coming back to reality.

More terribad points...
All of Tantrum being unsafe.
No overheads in the middle of combos, After she starts any offense you can block low all day.
Cancelling combos into ffMB goes OVER crouching opponents. It's designed to HIT crouching opponents, Why NRS? Why?

All these points are why I don't see Harley getting put on the Nerf Wagon. If anything, she needs to board a Buff Bus. Maybe the Lobo patch will bring some changes, but atm at high level, I don't see her beating any of the top chars, no matter how well she's played. They're in a league of their own. Which makes me a super dooper sad panda.

Also, I can't quote people, which is why I'm tagging everyone I'm trying to respond to lol

the only thing they should change on harley is making her trait usable cause right now...it's not at all

she doesn't really need mid combo overheads when she has a really good high-low game anyways, and she's got one of the best projectile punishes in the game with her f/b 3

Mood4food77

I wouldn't call one 27 frame overhead a good high-low mixup game. Anytime she jumps, or is 3/4 screen, block high, Defends against jump-ins, Oopsie Daisy and Cupcake Bomb. Anything up close, with the exception of 1 super slow overhead starter, block low. People catch on fairly quick to this. After a few games against any Harley, opponents will realise, and your high low mix up game becomes non existent.