What's new

BRUTALITY - the most satisfying ending in fighting games!

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
Take my money, I am in! :D

(Looks like the universal/generic d2 brutality)
---
Just nitpicking here, wish the head would fly higher (don't feel the force here) and don't clip through the body, it should interact with the body for more dynamic, like rolling on the floor (if it would fly higher, nice wall bounce interaction too :laughing:)

No more stage interactions means also, no more stage brutals (the MK11 chainsaw is so good) sad, so my hope is for kameo brutals (imagine even a few universal co-op brutals with your kameo but I guess that would be too much to ask :laughing:)

Remember the restand tactic (meterburn throw) to have more freedom to combo into brutals in MKX? That was really cool, and would add up to the more combo heavy game compared to MK11 - please add

ps: NRS please make the requirements "easy" (hold a direction/button) but not automatic, meaning you have active the choice of killing or not (more freedom)
(example: I have never ever seen in a ranked match liu kangs flying kick brutal, so sad, it feels so satisfying and stylish. And I played every season until no more new brutals were added)
---
Tell me your passion with this feature, no I don't need a doctor, all hope is gone :laughing:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I prefer brutals over fatalities, to be honest. I get fatalities will always be there, but they get old soon and make you lose time. Brutalities feel more natural and integrated in the fight.

I always wonder why they didn't explore improving the custom fatalities they tried in Armageddon. Being able to create your own fatality gets old much slower than a predetermined video sequence. I assume technical limitations might be the reason why they abandoned that idea.

I prefer brutals over fatalities, to be honest. I get fatalities will always be there, but they get old soon and make you lose time. Brutalities feel more natural and integrated in the fight.

I always wonder why they didn't explore improving the custom fatalities they tried in Armageddon. Being able to create your own fatality gets old much slower than a predetermined video sequence. I assume technical limitations might be the reason why they abandoned that idea.
They also waste time with how slow the progress bar fills and the reward screen also pisses me off.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
They were the most satisfying enders in MKX definetely not after that creepy time slowing finisher screen introduced.

Zviko

Noob
Some brutality requirements are definitely way too complicated. Some literally force you to completely change your play stye to completely obvious one. I do wish they are a bit easier too but still not too easy. Also please get rid of that finish him screen and make it show up after your final combo is done, just like in MKX. It feels and looks so weird when it interrupts your combo.

That D2 brutality looks terrible btw. Even MK11's is better which also lacked impact.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
That D2 brutality looks terrible btw. Even MK11's is better which also lacked impact.
Yeah for the fact they are universal (meaning even the random joe will pull them off), I wished they would add variations to it, so it's not as "boring".
Like character specific, sub zero "ice-spikes" his head and breaks the ice-spike off with a nice sound. Already would fit to his d2 animation. Or others with weapons would explode/slice the head, etc..
It could also work great with random variables in force (dynamic), so it's not always exactly the same way over and over again. (stale)

While on other games, I wouldn't mention it but I actually see how much love in details they put into these games (round ending taunts in MK11 is such a cool detail, multiple intros and outros to pick(!) awesome (so boring in SF only 1 ...)) but this is actually kinda lackluster.
While I do know they tuned brutals in the past (example Kabal scream in MK11), I hope they tune them here too.

ps: no kameo brutals is really sad, for example let's face it, stryker won't be playable, but him having some brutals would be cool. (I like the police brutality situation here :D)
Edit: Some here on other threads said only(!) kameos can do forward throws? Kinda strange but this would be a perfect opportunity for a kameo brutality situation, as MK11 had lots of throw brutals, even multiple for one direction.

... and when this is the last blow, mash X/A (for example :laughing:) and this animation repeats like 5 seconds (nice electric sound "BZZZZZZZZZZT") and then you (NRS) use a burning asset you have in store. Not much extra work ... maybe later down the line, who knows, hope won't die ... (they also added stage brutals later in MK11, if my memory don't trick me)

Last edited: