What's new

Brutality requirements are dumb and unnecessary

Lokheit

Noob
The requirement that bugs me the most is that I have to play the krypt forever before I’m able to do a brutality.
Most of them are on the character specific tower stages and some on the character themed towers (boss fight, assist towers and "effect tower" related to the character).

Snake Sound 222

Tonight, Tarkata feasts
What I don’t get is the requirements like “Must hit opponent with X move Y amount of times”. Who’s going to let themselves get hit with the same move (especially a projectile) multiple times? I can’t see these brutalities being done against a slightly competent online opponent or a Medium-Brutal AI, unless blocked hits count towards the total.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
All you pp do Is bitch man!!! They range from easy to ridiculous for a reason. Some are supposed to be hard to get. That’s the literal FUCKING POINT A challenge to humiliate your opponent why are they supposed to be easy?? You could just do a fatality for that..Yall want everything handed to you man ... Bunch of fucking cry babies.
This is kinda of why I drifted off of this site and into a more level headed discord about MK.

Just too many whiny babies here.

What I don’t get is the requirements like “Must hit opponent with X move Y amount of times”. Who’s going to let themselves get hit with the same move (especially a projectile) multiple times? I can’t see these brutalities being done against a slightly competent online opponent or a Medium-Brutal AI, unless blocked hits count towards the total.
That's my point. But some say "woooow they are supposed to be this way"....and I say....no....brutalities were never like this.

The intention here makes sense if you add more content and variety....not fill stupid requirements instead on focus on winning.

Make the brutality difficult. Make the input difficult....but fuck mercy, fuck if I don't have the move in my set, and fuck if the opponent doesn't like Jurassic park....I mean....is that a requirement? I really respect all your opinions guys but honestly I don't understand why are you defending this.

It is so obvious to that, is not bad like the grinding in TOT and the krypt, but it abides in yhe same package of bullshit of these ones.
The lack of sensibility and stupid requirements in all of these...tot, krypt and brutals...are related. They are out of hand with that....and they need to fix it.

This is kinda of why I drifted off of this site and into a more level headed discord about MK.

Just too many whiny babies here.
You guys did not read what I wrote for sure.

Again, there is a thick line between difficulty and bullshit. You guys don't seem to know how to separate these ones.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Brutalities are gorgeous in this game, but there is a problem: You can't do it in a real fight. You either have to play someone way below your level, or do it against ai.
Not mentioning the brutals that are specific to some moves ( competitively you will never get toasty brutality for ex).

I thought after mkx they would stop creating these stupid requirements like " Do it with mercy", " Over 40% of life"...."you have to do the command and suck a dick at the same time".

At the same time they have talent to create one of the best games of all time, they lack sensibility. They seem to not play video games at all.

Look at how awesome liu kang's arcade brutality is....but you will never do it.
Brutalities are a way to hype up the match and do something specific to the opponent at the end. Especially the mercy ones that are literally just fatalities remade as brutality.
I understand that you'd love to be able to do them more often than they'll come up but you need to understand that most people who play this game consider those a waste of time and just want to play the game for the fighting aspect.

Brutalities are a way to hype up the match and do something specific to the opponent at the end. Especially the mercy ones that are literally just fatalities remade as brutality.
I understand that you'd love to be able to do them more often than they'll come up but you need to understand that most people who play this game consider those a waste of time and just want to play the game for the fighting aspect.
If you play mortal kombat and consider a fatality or brutality a waste of time, I think you are misplaced.
Brutals don't take more time....and it ends faster if you have to see the ending animation. That does not make any sense.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
If you play mortal kombat and consider a fatality or brutality a waste of time, I think you are misplaced.
Not at all.
I love them, for the first five hundred times. Eventually it gets old though.

I actually agree though, the ending animations take far too long after matches in mk11, THAT is something that needs to change. Rematch faster.

As for Brutality requirements, I wouldn't mind all of them being easy to do and just accessible but I guess mk11 needs its own "unlockables".
I kind of agree with you, I'm just chill about it.

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
They are not so hard, but they are not meant to be easy too, that's why it's awesome to pull off a brutality because it takes some of your skill to do

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
They need consistency, cuz when you have someone like Geras with 3 SUPER easy and powerful KBs and the rest, then its just stupid.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
They need consistency, cuz when you have someone like Geras with 3 SUPER easy and powerful KBs and the rest, then its just stupid.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
@STORMS Remember when I told you to buff TYM servers?

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I kind of agree that some brutalities have ridiculous requirement (Shao Kahn needs to connect three 130 start-up frame moves lol wut), but on the other hand, it gives more flavour when they are performed. Those that aren't available in tournament variations are a bummer though.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
The only thing that drives me nuts are the ones that don´t work because the description is wrong or missing something.

Like the clinch brutality for Jacqui……..I don´t know how many times I tried that one and it never triggers. There must be something I´m missing (like holding a button)

Yeah, I really only bother with brutalities against the AI. Against human players, I just stick to fatalities, unless I happen to do a brutality by accident, which has happened before. Still, the brutality requirements here are an improvement over how they were in MKX.

Some are hard and rare to see, others are super easy, what's the problem? You want all of them to be easy and get tired of them after a couple of months?
In mkx even after 3 or 4 years I was gladly surprised watching a brutal I'd never seen, that was super cool.

Brutalities are gorgeous in this game, but there is a problem: You can't do it in a real fight. You either have to play someone way below your level, or do it against ai.
Not mentioning the brutals that are specific to some moves ( competitively you will never get toasty brutality for ex).

I thought after mkx they would stop creating these stupid requirements like " Do it with mercy", " Over 40% of life"...."you have to do the command and suck a dick at the same time".

At the same time they have talent to create one of the best games of all time, they lack sensibility. They seem to not play video games at all.

Look at how awesome liu kang's arcade brutality is....but you will never do it.
One of the best things in MKX was that everybody was able to pull off a brutality at the end of the match. Over time there were newer ones for when you simply grabbed somebody at low health. This meant that you didn't have to worry about some jackass wasting everybody's time in KOTH or a set by doing fatalities after every win. Obviously, some brutalities are easier than others in MK11, but some are stupid. Even the universal "don't block and land an uppercut" would never work against a good player.
If they're going to go this route, then fatalities should be shorter than 10 seconds.
"BrUTaLiTiES R SuPpOsED To BE RaRe!!"
Technically so should fatalities. So according to this flawed logic, the inputs for fatalities should be difficult like the older games.
It's not like the bad players that defend this poor design choice are ever going to perform a fatality or brutality anyway. Will the competitive players ever catch a break?