What's new

Brutality requirements are dumb and unnecessary

Dude seriously....the fuck are you even talking about?

I never said anything about you not knowing what a Brutality is.
"You are acting like we never see brutalities. They are rare but possible"

I know what a brutality is, and I know that some are possible and some are not.

And they are not rare.....some are feasible and another big chunk not even possible in a real match. These last ones are what I'm talking about.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
And they are not rare.....some are feasible and another big chunk not even possible in a real match. These last ones are what I'm talking about.
THats the point. Some of them are special since they are so rare

Random fight:
-Oh, Kano pulled the regular throw brutality. Ok, I guess

-OH MY GOD CAGE JUST TRIGGERED THE GLASSES BRUTALITY, THE DISRESPECT LOOOOOOOL

If Cage's brutality(in this example) would be just landing the glasses as last hit, it wouldn't be special, more special than the throw one, or any of the easiests.

Landing a hard to get brutality it's something special that you will record/remember for some time.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Random fight:

If Cage's brutality(in this example) would be just landing the glasses as last hit, it wouldn't be special, more special than the throw one, or any of the easiests.

Landing a hard to get brutality it's something special that you will record/remember for some time.
Even getting the KB on the glasses throw is the ultimate diss, I love it.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Really? I wasn't paying close attention so I'll have to double check, but I swear I've seen it trigger even when one of the machine gun kicks is the killing blow.
Definitely double check. I just remember seeing people saying it in the JC forum, and from my own experience I have indeed finished them with the kicks and haven't gotten it. Who knows.

Random fight:

Not when 20% of the brutals of a char are doable and the other 80% either are not, or not in your move set.

I'm ok with some brutals being like the disrespect thing....but not the majority, not even a big chunk of it.

Each char has what...9 brutals? If you can do 3 in a real fight with this version of the game you are priviledged. Not all chars can do that.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
In MKX Boneshaper's f221+3 brutality lost all spice since they removed its requirements.

I think every character should have an easy to-do brutality on a stock move (like Baraka's chop chop one), and harder ones on other moves to add some spice.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
In MKX Boneshaper's f221+3 brutality lost all spice since they removed its requirements.

I think every character should have an easy to-do brutality on a stock move (like Baraka's chop chop one), and harder ones on other moves to add some spice.
fair enough .... agreed !

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper

I picked up boneshaper late in the game, but I do remember wishing that brute didn't automatically trigger, so I could then cancel it into bf1 and blast a hole in their chest.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I picked up boneshaper late in the game, but I do remember wishing that brute didn't automatically trigger, so I could then cancel it into bf1 and blast a hole in their chest.
I felt exactly the same.

Earlier that brutality only triggered when Shinnok still had a bar of meter left, and since the character was so meter dependent, it wasn't often. As a result each time that happened it was hype and you didn't care about the bf1 brutal, which you'd still see pretty often anyway.

Guys, the boneshapper requirement seems to be fair and feasible, and this is not my target.

Look at liu kangs arcade brutality and Sonya's ring brutality....the uppercuts....that is what i'm talking about.

And honestly I don't give a fuck about disrespect, fuck that. I want to do the inputs and be rewarded with art, without changing stance 10 times in a match to get that.

You see the same shit in towers of time by the way. You win the tower and then you have to come back to grab the fella 25 times because this is requisite to go on. What a bullshit. Not fun and not necessary.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Guys, the boneshapper requirement seems to be fair and feasible, and this is not my target.

Look at liu kangs arcade brutality and Sonya's ring brutality....the uppercuts....that is what i'm talking about.

And honestly I don't give a fuck disrespect, fuck that. I want to do the inputs and be rewarded with art, without changing stance 10 times in a match to get that.

You see the same shit towers of time by the way. You win the tower and then you have to come back to grab the fella 25 times because this ia requisite go on. What a bullshit. Not fun and not necessary.
Of those you mentioned I only know uppercuts, and I like those. They are like MK9's babalities, and I'm a fucker for nostalgia.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
To do something you have to do mercy? The opponent has to have 40% of life....my life has to be 40% over....you have to hit at "max distance"....there is a Raiden brutality that is a grab, and I can't do it because is atached to a move that nobody uses.

Seems ok to me. They might be a bit arbitrary, but I thought that was part of the point of a brutality was to try and force a player to fish for a specific outcome.

Lui kang’s arcade one is not that hard though(it’s just a mercy and a throw right?) and the mercy ones are supposed to be special that’s why a couple of the older fatalities turned brutalities have that attached

I don’t have a problem the way brutalities are set up it’s not supposed to show up for every match just when the circumstances call for it.

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
All you pp do Is bitch man!!! They range from easy to ridiculous for a reason. Some are supposed to be hard to get. That’s the literal FUCKING POINT A challenge to humiliate your opponent why are they supposed to be easy?? You could just do a fatality for that..Yall want everything handed to you man ... Bunch of fucking cry babies.

Gotta agree on that.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Brutalities are totally fine. You aren't meant to get them every single match against a human opponent. You find yourself in the situation you can get one and then do it and its a nice "haha got you, I fulfilled the requirement", which is exactly what they are intended to be.

I already have pulled off countless brutalities against others myself, even lost games cause im trying to be a smartass to get them which is deserved and THE POINT.

I Feel that I'm okay with some of the brutalities being hard af. however I'm not fine with me not seeing a good chunk of the brutalities considering all I play and am interested in is competitive mode. I play scorpion part time and have all the brutalities but I can only perform half of them and it sucks cause I still haven't seen the OG toasty brutal yet. I think they should leave the difficult requirements however make it accessible to complete ALL brutalities even with tournament variations.

PS do any of you guys think that they are going to make the whole Krypt purchasable because I'm trying to have all costumes and brutals in the game already.

Lokheit

Noob
Wait! There is a Brutality that requires you to suck a dick? How am I supposed to do that! I don't have 2 controllers to play with a friend and I'm not flexible enough to reach my own dick! I demand this BS to be patched right naaauuuuu!!!

Ok, now talking serious, I'm not sure if the OP refers to all or just some, but with Sub-Zero there are a handful of them I usually switch when finishing rounds, all of them easy to achieve (if I freeze them while dead, throw or air axe, if I'm in a combo, EX Slide), I do way more brutalities than fatalities.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
For me, the fun of a Brutality in MKX was how sudden it was. But the requirements in mk11 make it so obvious when you're going for a Brutality. I don't even bother with them anymore.

I wonder if it'll be like MKX where most of the dlc characters had no requirements at all.