What's new

Bring back Reptile to his former glory!

Kishido

Noob
Yeah unfortunately its one of Shauns favorite characters & he likes the reptilian thing so it probably won't ever change...
And Shaun doesn't care that Reptile is the least used guy in 2 games straight... Cool

So I am glad that at least the other ninjas get some love

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
And Shaun doesn't care that Reptile is the least used guy in 2 games straight... Cool

So I am glad that at least the other ninjas get some love
yeah he probably said well I guess nobody else likes him so leave leave him out of 11 as a playable character & have someone kill him off in the story with little to no fanfare...

Afumba

Noob
I like that Reptile is actually a reptile even though they went a little too far to the reptilian side.

Reptile and Ermac both deserve some more love, hopefully after they skip MK11 they are given a chance to come back to their former glory in MK12.
While i understand why they didnt git the MK11 main roster is still hope they will both be DLC.

I agree about MK12 though. They have so much story potential... would love to see them evolve in this regard.

Kishido

Noob
Just to say something... What if Reptile's MKX would be true and the rest of his race is actually on earthrealm.

Yes I know he wanted to claim the eart back... But what if instead he starts working with the people of earth to avoid people like Shinnok and Co

Afumba

Noob
Just to say something... What if Reptile's MKX would be true and the rest of his race is actually on earthrealm.

Yes I know he wanted to claim the eart back... But what if instead he starts working with the people of earth to avoid people like Shinnok and Co
Would be cool to see him find more survivors of his race on earthrealm, making peace with the earthrealm forces and finding purpose in defensing "his new home".

Zaccel

Noob
I could see them bringing retro Reptile in somehow, given the significance of time travel. But given MKX's concept art, I suspect we'd be seeing something akin to Deadly Alliance if we see him at all. I, for one, would be all too happy.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Would be cool to see him find more survivors of his race on earthrealm, making peace with the earthrealm forces and finding purpose in defensing "his new home".
Would be cool if they were there all along in human form like an explanation for the “reptilian aliens hiding amongst us in powerful positions” conspiracy theories we have lol. It’s real in the MK universe but they aren’t alien. Reptile joins earthrealm, becomes notable and then others of his race come out of hiding.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Reptile surely became a joke. NRS was able to bring Baraka back to glory, I think they can do the same with reptile.
Man, if someone needs to see how badass Reptile is they should rewatch the movie. The moment the narrator said “Reptile” everyone knew shit was going down

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
This is a complicated one. I agree that Reptile was clearly much more popular as a palette swap 'human disguise' ninja than he is as an actual reptile. On the other hand, he's a much more striking and unique character as an actual reptile than as a palette swap. They're a little damned-if-they-do damned-if-they-don't on this.

Kishido

Noob
This is a complicated one. I agree that Reptile was clearly much more popular as a palette swap 'human disguise' ninja than he is as an actual reptile. On the other hand, he's a much more striking and unique character as an actual reptile than as a palette swap. They're a little damned-if-they-do damned-if-they-don't on this.
That's why I said... Do both. In the last 2 story nodes we had 2 different being used for some characters.
Same could be done for Reptile... And in MK11 we even have all the customizing

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Palette swaps are a thing of the past, though. Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Ermac, Rain, Smoke... they have all grown apart from that distinction into completely unique and distinguishable characters, none resembling another. They can certainly do that with Reptile, without degrading him to a simple reptilian biped.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Since NRS is now using some dual character chapters, Reptile has a hell of a lot more chance of getting some story time in his next game. Looks like Sub and Scorp are sharing a chapter. Liu Kang and Lao probably will as well, not confirmed but likely

Burn2019

Noob
My hope is that, with Kotal saying "I'll send my scouts to track Shao Kahn," Reptile's his best man for the job.

It would make sense--he's worked under him for centuries and knows all there is to know. And having the chance for Reptile to make a hard choice between Kahn/Kronika (who may have power sufficient to restore his race) or Kotal, the one real friend he's probably ever had, would finally give the guy some pathos.
This is a great post, and would open up Reppie being DLC as he doesn’t seem to be on the main roster.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I want to see Reptile become Onaga.

And I love Reptile. If he came back all redone and got the Jacqui treatment, I would cheer and buy him immediately. BUT, he has had quite a few go arounds already(II, III, UMK3/MKT, 4/Gold, MKDA, MKA, MK9, MKXL). It's Onaga's turn.

Was a big fan of Reptile backintheday, but MK9 and MKX both soured me on him greatly, to the point where I don't mind him not making MK11 and perhaps all future MK titles. They need to choose full human or full reptilian and not the half-measure hybrid they keep going with. Personally, I'd prefer reptilian to make him stand out more, but it needs to be a menacing beast with a barbed tail and ten-inch claws, not a stupid pitiful bird frog creature or whatever they've been going for.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
"And hell even Tremor looks far better and was potrayed far better."

Imma stop you right there... tremor looked better? TREMOR?! The dude with a garbage sack on his head for a hood looked better than reptile with bone armor? Nah man.

Tremor was fucking rad get this blasphemy out of here

What Reptile needs is a plot point other than tagging along with the game's main villain in a vain hope that he will bring back the raptor race. He needs to either do it or leave it the next time we'll see him in story mode.
I thought Khameleon was that plot point by she's fallen to the way side

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Was a big fan of Reptile backintheday, but MK9 and MKX both soured me on him greatly, to the point where I don't mind him not making MK11 and perhaps all future MK titles. They need to choose full human or full reptilian and not the half-measure hybrid they keep going with. Personally, I'd prefer reptilian to make him stand out more, but it needs to be a menacing beast with a barbed tail and ten-inch claws, not a stupid pitiful bird frog creature or whatever they've been going for.
Yeah, they need to pretty much go full Killer Croc on his ass or something.

Last edited:
I'm a classic Reptile fan, too. I always loved the idea of him impersonating a human to conceal his reptilian identity. That said, I'm also a huge fan of his MK:SM costume. That, to me, is the definitive look for Reptile. In multiplayer, his alternate color had more human-like skin but retained his claws and fangs. If he was given a more scaly texture on top of that alt, I think it would be awesome for fans of either his looks.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I don't dislike Reptile at all...but I think maybe a better option for DLC should be Chameleon AND Khameleon and having some of Reptile's moves and their story be in search of Reptile. Each using powers of the ninjas to try and find him to preserve their race. It would give Reptile more of a hype/demand in the next game, similar to Jade/Noob Saibot/Skarlett and RAIN. I'm going to miss Tanya in this game but I have a feeling she may appear in the story mode and get the axe, possibly by Kitana or Jade.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Y\Since 4 they try hard to make him a reptile...
He is much better as an actual reptile race. The change has lead to making the lore of MK richer, which in turn makes the game better. This change added an entire race (Saurian) , with its own politics and stoy lines (mainly concerning his lost tribes and the liberation of Zaterra).. plus made him look a zillion times more unique and better in every way. One of the things that elevates MK is its story and history.. it's lore... and Reptile adds to that in a major and positive way.

Ermac is now a soul monster mummy thing, tremor is god thing and reptile is a lizard creature... all changed from human ninja's and all for the better.

He should and will due to the amount of lore around him, be a reptile... this is a good thing.. but as it is MK and they pander to everyone.. there will always be a "classic" skin for you.. so what is the issue?

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
All making Reptile human in appearance does is limit his moveset to be honest. Let him have claws that he may swipe with, fangs with which to bite, and... uh... a long tongue to poke you with? That's a thing. That he does. And it makes him all the more unique for it.

All in all, I'm with Jynks and totally believe that diversifying the previously bloated NInja population has been extremely good for the franchise. Don't want to see that walked back.