What's new

Bring back kobra!

Do you think Kobra could be remade into a good character?

• Total voters

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I'd accept Kobra back but only if he's an incredibly tongue-in cheek (even more-so than now) blatant street fighter shoto rip off. Make him as Ken Masters and legally possible. A full on Dan Hibiki-ish, Ken.

They'd need to change up his backstory though, I find it awful.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Hell why not! Who doesnt want a ken klone from SF in MK?
Lets think up his revised moves:
Tornado kick: Tatsumaki
Friction clap (stun): like hugo's in SF
Shoryuken (EX is a combo extension)
Head hops: Like SF4 seth
Friction kick (EX has armor a bit after start-up): similar to deejays
Friction fist: Rashids tornado but its a rekka
Flying kick: Because fuck liu kang! (LOL)
I find it hilarious you were upset that someone made a Rain thread after boon tweeted something Rain related. Yet you then go make a thread about a random "mostly disliked" 3D era character right after.

Now after saying that,

Lol Ken is my favorite street fighter character, so I never had an issue with Kobra. His tonfa stance was really fun. I do think his backstory needs some work, but give him some more personality and he'd be great.

In truth all Mortal Kombat characters deserve some redemption. Especially with how badass NRS is making everyone look in mk11.
. . . . well maybe not Dairou. :DOGE

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I would not mind Kobra and Kira at all, I always loved this story idea about them being young and new members of the black dragon that needed to prove themselves to Kano/Kabal/Mavado the leaders of the Black Dragon by contests.

Kira, Kobra, Jarek and Tasia are in this competition.

The first competition is combat to the death.

Kobra beats the shit out of Jarek and kills him, making him the winner.
Kira uses her poison claws to slowly torture and killl Tasia, making her a winner also.

Then the two need to prove themselves by killing enemies of Kano.

Kobra goes after Johnny Cage, but by accident kills his Stunt Double (Mokap) and takes a picture, Kano sees the wrong fake tattoo, but is impressed by the gore he sees on the photo.

Kira does a better job, instead of killing Sonya Blade, she kills everybody else in the car, Sonya's sister Cassandra, her father, and Vera (a good friend and Jax wife), Jacqui is also in the car (still being a little child, but she survives the the attack)
Kira then escapes, leaving Sonya in pure terror as her family slowly dies by the vile toxins Kira uses to kill her prey.

Kira wins this competition, but Kabal is impressed by Kobra and asks Kano to change the rules and have both of the new members stay alive. Kano agrees and both Kira and Kobra become full members.

Kobra is this street-brat (with cool hair, not Ken masters hair) he wears this rapper-like outfits and like Szasz he cuts himself with every victim he makes. He is very rude, very harsh, very aggressive, and very stupid. Kira often picks on him for being so stupid.

Kira was born in Chaos Realm, and that made her harsh and evil, growing up as human in Chaos Realm is harsh and her parents were criminals. They made her resistance to poison and venom from a young age, so now she's in her 20's and almost completely immune to most toxins, she uses these same toxins to kill her prey, by kissing them, using her claw-like weapons, or blowing toxic dust at her victims. Kira's hair is crazy, and multi-colored, she is insane and definitely the most cruel female in the whole MK branch, using toxic in her fatalities, she enjoys watching them die a slow death.

Yeah, I love Kira and Kobra, they have lots of potential (in the right hands that is)

Lun

proud TERF!
Can we cut it out with this hipster thing of pretending you want an obscure, bad character that nobody likes?