What's new

BREAKING: Erron Black (and others) supposedly Leaked on Reddit

trufenix

bye felicia
I’m not sure you get how NDAs work unless I’m misunderstanding you here. NRS can say whatever the hell they want, it’s their intellectual property.
Nope. It's WBs intellectual property. They own the MK IP and all rights reserevd yada yadda, read the credits some time. If they say the information release schedule is THIS the release schedule is that, no matter what mikeraskol and the petitioners say. No matter what gets posted on TYM. No matter whats attached to a brick thrown through Ed Boon's window.

So, NRS could acknowledge the leak and release more info or ignore it and carry on. It’s up to them.
Again, nope. Every single employee and contractor at NRS, WB, IGN, Gamestop and every corp legally involved in the production of MK11 has a signed document on file that says they will not do any leaking of any sort under risk of immediate termination. Not a stern talking to, not a slap on the wrist, termination. If it worked any other way, we would literally know everything already, why wouldn't we? You think all the hundreds of people getting this game made are all just innately honorable?

No. Which means, even if I walked up to Boon and said hey, ed boon, I'm completely anonymous and this isn't being recorded but if Frost is in the game pick your nose for me, he could not legally pick his nose without breaching said contract and literally ending his career.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
Why would they use Liu for early Kotal when Geras has been show ready since reveal? Surely his size and all would be more suitable.
I think this version of the game does have a Kotal Kahn model since that's how they make the select screen portraits.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Not true either dudes, he is not a jobber. None of the characters are, period.
If character consistently loses every single match they have in story. They're a jobber. Reptile and Baraka are the biggest jobbers. Tarkatans, in general, are literally jobbers. That's their purpose.

In the MKX story D'Vorah literally says "Tarkatans are beaten so easily?" Cause they're jobbers.

When was the last time Reptile won a canon fight?

When was the last time Baraka won a canon fight?

They're jobbers. Baraka was a Jobber in MKX and he wasn't even playable lmfao. Like, there are jobbers. You just need to accept that from the jump.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Not true either dude, he is not a jobber. Period.
Winning some fights doesn’t make someone not a jobber, in fact most jobbers have accomplishments. The entire purpose of a jobber is to make other characters look stronger.

Jobbers exist to be impressive enough to make the person beating them look impressive themselves.

That has been Reptile’s primary use for years, even if it isn’t exactly fair to the character, that’s what the writers chose to do.

The problem with MK jobbers is that they are never written to actually make good on their impressive positions or history so they come off as looking even worse.

Which why many of us hope Baraka actually gets to kick some ass this time without being completely annihilated to make somebody else look more competent.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
If character consistently loses every single match they have in story. They're a jobber. Reptile and Baraka are the biggest jobbers. Tarkatans, in general, are literally jobbers. That's their purpose.

In the MKX story D'Vorah literally says "Tarkatans are beaten so easily?" Cause they're jobbers.

They're jobbers. Baraka was a Jobber in MKX and he wasn't even playable lmfao. Like, there are jobbers. You just need to accept that from the jump.
Winning some fights doesn’t make someone not a jobber, in fact most jobbers have accomplishments. The entire purpose of a jobber is to make other characters look stronger.

Jobbers exist to be impressive enough to make the person beating them look impressive themselves.

That has been Reptile’s primary use for years, even if it isn’t exactly fair to the character, that’s what the writers chose to do.

The problem with MK jobbers is that they are never written to actually make good on their impressive positions or history so they come off as looking even worse.

Which why many of us hope Baraka actually gets to kick some ass this time without being completely annihilated to make somebody else look more competent.
When was the last time that we the fans could've seen Shao Kahn or Goro winning a canon fight? are they jobbers? No, they aren't. And like I said, Reptile defeated Cyrax in MKDA's story. So Reptile is not a jobber at all. Also, that line from D'Vorah was clearly an insult towards Baraka after their specific fight, but it clearly doesn't reflect on Baraka as a whole. I've seen true and actual jobbers in WWE, and none of the MK characters were written in that same fashion as them. The problem is that all of you are taking certain things you see in the story with such a narrow point of view. All of the characters in MK are written as they should, and if you can't see it, that's on you. All of the characters in MK11's story mode are also gonna be just like that.

If you can't see it, your problem. End of discussion.

xXRagingFlameXx

When was the last time that we the fans could've seen Shao Kahn or Goro winning a canon fight? are they jobbers? No, they aren't. And like I said, Reptile defeated Cyrax in MKDA's story. So Reptile is not a jobber at all. I've seen true and actual jobbers in WWE, and none of the MK characters were written in that same fashion as them. The problem is that all of you are taking certain things you see in the story with such a narrow point of view. All of the characters in MK are written as they should, and if you can't see it, that's on you. All of the characters in MK11's story mode are also gonna be just like that.

We are not comparing Reptile to Shao Kahn or Goro. Pfft.

Reptile's a jobber. End of discussion.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I main Scorpion and I acknowledge the poor angry bastard has always been a jobber, lol. I love him anyway. Same with Kano. It was actually pretty awesome for me to see Hanzo kick everyone's asses and get to Quan Chi. Unfortunately his success means all those other awesome characters are now stuck being revenants... sigh... just... just damnit Hanzo... he really can't do anything right, lol. He fails even when he wins... like a jobber.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
When was the last time that we the fans could've seen Shao Kahn or Goro winning a canon fight? are they jobbers? No, they aren't. And like I said, Reptile defeated Cyrax in MKDA's story. So Reptile is not a jobber at all. Also, that line from D'Vorah was clearly an insult towards Baraka after their specific fight, but it clearly doesn't reflect on Baraka as a whole. I've seen true and actual jobbers in WWE, and none of the MK characters were written in that same fashion as them. The problem is that all of you are taking certain things you see in the story with such a narrow point of view. All of the characters in MK are written as they should, and if you can't see it, that's on you. All of the characters in MK11's story mode are also gonna be just like that.

ummm just saying but Shao Kahn winning all of Armageddon is the reason we have a new timeline in the first place. They had to reconfigure time to stop him. Henchmen are usually henchmen for a reason. . even they know they aint winning anything alone.

Oh dear lord this is fascinating, what character in MORTAL KOMBAT do you relate to more than the ones revealed?
Every character thats not a zombie. And characters that are not so serious with a sense of humour. Takeda, Kung Jin and then johnnyCage would be the only one in game but I've never liked the way he plays. Also always liked night wolf for some reason. Wanting to simply relate to character on some level is not the same as saying I want to identify with a character which is how you seem to be interpreting it

Roy Arkon

ummm just saying but Shao Kahn winning all of Armageddon is the reason we have a new timeline in the first place. They had to reconfigure time to stop him. Henchmen are usually henchmen for a reason. . even they know they aint winning anything alone.
Good point regarding Shao Kahn, but there are still a ton of characters who also weren't seen win that many fights, yet we know how strong they are. Like I said, that is a very narrow point of view. So none of the characters in MK are jobbers by any means, including Reptile.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

Shao Kahn has probably beaten the most people in MK lore since his first appearance.

If you watch the Armageddon intro closely, he’s actually in the background beating the absolute shit out of 50% of the cast.

He literally won Armageddon, meaning he was the strongest of the entire playable MK character roster before and after that until Raiden reset the timeline and even then he lost due to Elder Gods catching him fucking up and not because Raiden overpowered him.

As much as I love Goro though, you’re right, they’ve been making the big man take straight L’s for a while now.

That said I don’t know why you even brought them up, we were talking about Jobtile, the mean green getting-his-ass-kicked machine.

EDIT: if anyone was curious there’s actually a video pointing out all the people Shao was clobbering in the intro

Roy Arkon

Shao Kahn has probably beaten the most people in MK lore since his first appearance.

If you watch the Armageddon intro closely, he’s actually in the background beating the absolute shit out of 50% of the cast.

He literally won Armageddon, meaning he was the strongest of the entire playable MK character roster before and after that until Raiden reset the timeline and even then he lost due to Elder Gods catching him fucking up and not because Raiden overpowered him.

As much as I love Goro though, you’re right, they’ve been making the big man take straight L’s for a while now.

That said I don’t know why you even brought them up, we were talking about Jobtile, the mean green getting-his-ass-kicked machine.
Like I said, here are still a ton of characters who also weren't seen win that many fights, yet we know how strong they are. No one is a jobber in MK.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Like I said, here are still a ton of characters who also weren't seen win that many fights, yet we know how strong they are. No one is a jobber in MK.
That’s not how it works.

Again, you can win some fights and still be a jobber. If a jobber never wins they can’t really properly do their job of, well jobbing

Which is making other characters look better by being badass enough to be intimidating but not enough to not get smacked up when someone needs a push in terms of displaying how strong they are.

Maybe you’re mistaking a regular loser with a jobber. Reptile isn’t a loser. Moloch is a fucking loser. Moloch is such a loser he has literally died twice in games he’s not even playable nor has any speaking roll in, for the sake of a cameo

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Would they body anybody free in real life, for sure..they scary... but in MK they just a level over street thug, thats how storys work they lose to show you hey these scary fighters who would for sure beat yo ass are free to these other fighters so they must be super great. .Got nothing against them character wise but they ain't therr to win fights.

xXRagingFlameXx

Guys, I have a confession to make: I main Mileena because I relate to her. I can relate to being an evil twin, mixed with Tarkatan blood and the blood of a princess...with monstrous teeth and cannibalistic tendencies.

That's why I need her in MK11. She's the only character I can relate to and nobody else on the roster is like that at all. I mean...it's not like there aren't other monstrous characters...

Every character thats not a zombie. And characters that are not so serious with a sense of humour. Takeda, Kung Jin and then johnnyCage would be the only one in game but I've never liked the way he plays. Also always liked night wolf for some reason. Wanting to simply relate to character on some level is not the same as saying I want to identify with a character which is how you seem to be interpreting it
That's how you sound my guy.

Not a zombie with a sense of humor? Jacqui and Cassie say hi because they are not zombies and both were quite humorous in MKX.

You're welcome.