What's new

Breakdown of the Black Manta Stream by TYM Mod, CrazyFingers

Is his only non gear launcher the MB rockets? That can be poked out of after a blocked string?

I love the idea of an anti zoning character, but unless he has great frame data I'm calling low tier.

Edit: forgot to say this character looks cool as hell. Like possibly the coolest. Just doesn't strike me as a top tier

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
His teleport launches when MB.
I also want to know whats the recovery on his air harpoon gun when block. He's gonna get punish for sure doing that. He gets in on his opponent he will have some fun. But yes got to see what his safe strings are

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
It's literally impossible to tell if he is good or bad right now. Too many in answered questions:
What is the cancel adv on block for his main strings?
Are rockets a high?
Is the death stroke rifle string an oh?
Are his lasers high or mid?
How negative is normal laser?

I think the main thing that will datermine whether he is good or not is how much cancel adv he has on his main strings in block. This will determine if rocket and float pressure is viable

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I wonder if he can do air rockets too like in the trailer. Knowing NRS it's probably gear tbh.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I look more to his normals than anything and mantas look very good

Normals literally make a character imo, look at supes his f23 is pretty much all he has and he is top 10.

Obs supes, has trait cancels but that's easy to block and only like +1.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Gear is for casuals. Whats the point in getting upset about that?
Well there's my answer ugh, Gear is whatever, it's gear moves I hate.

Anyway Gear moves makes every trailer unable to be trusted because you never know what is actually in a characters move set and what is fluff. Go look at the Sub Zero trailer again feels like about half of that trailer is fake. Not to mention there are a lot of cool moves with gear that just leave you feeling like wow look at this cool thing I'll never use, yes some of it is OP or weak that's not the point. Never had that feeling in MKX, sure some variations were bad but If I wanted to use High Tech Jaquii I could fucking use it without having to jump through a million hoops

Last edited:

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Mantas trait is bush league. People will react to that easy, zero issue boys in knocking him out of trait.