What's new

General/Other - Kano Breakdown of Kano's Commando and Cybernetic Variations

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I really don't like how much this game is making me want to play Kano :mad:

Also @Phosferrax you do look kinda like Theon from Game of Thrones, never noticed that before lol

Plop

Noob
Oh thank god. I've been waiting ages for this shit.
So, does the wood chipper string become unblockable if mb'd?

I$AAC

Noob
People that are saying that he's going to be low tier because his meter less command grabs are block able need to calm the fuck down. His grabs do 25%, hit 2 of those and half of their life is gone. Plus we aren't sure what his other strings are like and he still has knives and balls in that variation.

I swear people want the game to be played for them.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
I don't see why it would, but I am unsure.
Well from what I've seen they're a big risk with out a lot reward. if they gave you a bunch of meter when they connected then you could use that for his MB grabs.

I'm thinking at some point the guys working on Kano must have taken a close look at how parries were,or rather were not being used in the game and might have decided to make them synergistic with his throws.

trufenix

bye felicia
Well from what I've seen they're a big risk with out a lot reward. if they gave you a bunch of meter when they connected then you could use that for his MB grabs.

I'm thinking at some point the guys working on Kano must have taken a close look at how parries were,or rather were not being used in the game and might have decided to make them synergistic with his throws.
or maybe they aren't done balancing the game. . .

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
People that are saying that he's going to be low tier because his meter less command grabs are block able need to calm the fuck down. His grabs do 25%, hit 2 of those and half of their life is gone. Plus we aren't sure what his other strings are like and he still has knives and balls in that variation.

I swear people want the game to be played for them.
You know people love to jump the gun on TYM before actually thinking logically.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
For people complaining about the grabs, please do remember that this stuff isn't final. Tyler said they are still tweaking Commando stuff as well.

But I feel like the choice of range was to stop another Bane-train. Having a quarter-life unblockable armoured grab with crazy reach would probably be too much considering how quickly you can close a space gap between non-zoner characters, and the fact that he has a pretty good projectile in knives that will definitely annoy a lot of characters. Remember that in Injustice, you essentially dealt a half of the actual damage because of how the round system worked, but we're back to 100% damage rounds in MKX and guessing wrong twice against Commando Kano means 50% unbreakable damage.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
For people complaining about the grabs, please do remember that this stuff isn't final. Tyler said they are still tweaking Commando stuff as well.

But I feel like the choice of range was to stop another Bane-train. Having a quarter-life unblockable armoured grab with crazy reach would probably be too much considering how quickly you can close a space gap between non-zoner characters, and the fact that he has a pretty good projectile in knives that will definitely annoy a lot of characters. Remember that in Injustice, you essentially dealt a half of the actual damage because of how the round system worked, but we're back to 100% damage rounds in MKX and guessing wrong twice against Commando Kano means 50% unbreakable damage.
With meter, can Kano cancel a normal or string into EX command grab that you have to guess to get out of? Does he have stupid Grundy shit with meter is what I'm asking.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
With meter, can Kano cancel a normal or string into EX command grab that you have to guess to get out of? Does he have stupid Grundy shit with meter is what I'm asking.
I came to ask something similar to this.

If you're blocking a string can Kano cancel into MB grab? Because if so, 9/10 you're gonna eat that 25%.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
I'm less concerned about powerful he is rather than if I can play him as a grappler, if I need to spend most of my time full screen building meter with knifes I can see that being an issue.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
lol no one's saying he'll be low tier (at least I'm not), but they should've used another term like Hit grab as command grabs implies being 'throws that you can't break' and throws aren't blockable. FOH with that bootleg ass command normal with an animation on hit nonsense.. don't call that a command grab.

Plus (correct me if I'm wrong) from what I've read he doesnt have an overhead so when pressured vs Kano you have no reason to stand block at all really as he has a low launcher string and a high grab.. sounds super meter dependant to open people up with MB grabs which they can backdash out of. I'm just speculating obviously but still, got me soft AF.

Not being able to combo after makes me a sad panda as well, Idk why I was expecting a Lobo/SFxT Asuka /SF Makoto sort of style from Commando Kano where it's high/low/grab mixups but atm it's looking like a concept with dope potential but was executed oddly.

If it works or not tho is yet to be determined so we'll see :|