What's new

BRAVO TWEEDY!!! BRAVO!!!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
There has only been one other major though. So half the tournaments he gone down to losers. I don’t really get your point lol
Look up NLBC which is a big local in NY that had the Last Chance Qualifier. Hes won all of those hes entered 3-0ing EVERYBODY w/ Mercies.Heavy hitters like Dragon and Semijj were in the same tourny. Look it up. Ive been posting ;)

BTW 7:30pm CST is Top 8

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Look up NLBC which is a big local in NY that had the Last Chance Qualifier. Hes won all of those hes entered 3-0ing EVERYBODY w/ Mercies.Heavy hitters like Dragon and Semijj were in the same tourny. Look it up. Ive been posting ;)

BTW 7:30pm CST is Top 8
Yeah I know about thouse but I think Semij and Dragon were only there once and in the same tournament, and the only other big names in the tournament. I just think you’re jumping the gun a bit making a big deal he was sent to losers, like it doesnt ever happen and there has only been 2 majors

Blade4693

VIVIVI
His adrenaline was pumping so hard he gave the wrong pop off reaction lol falling to the ground and banging your fist on it is something you would think the loser would do lol

For real though great play by Tweedy, and I love me some Baraka so extra points for that!

Yeah I know about thouse but I think Semij and Dragon were only there once and in the same tournament, and the only other big names in the tournament. I just think you’re jumping the gun a bit making a big deal he was sent to losers, like it doesnt ever happen and there has only been 2 majors
He’s been saying it for the past hour it’s pretty clear at this point he’s just going to stick with that phrase

His adrenaline was pumping so hard he gave the wrong pop off reaction lol falling to the ground and banging your fist on it is something you would think the loser would do lol

For real though great play by Tweedy, and I love me some Baraka so extra points for that!
That's not specific to Tweedy lol.

Grr's popoff yesterday and Big D this afternoon you'd think they lost.
Big D especially with how he smacked his chair into the audience lmao.

I just hope the prophecy of Sonic never winning Combo Breaker in MK is fulfilled. With Scar and Tweedy in there I think its a possibility that he can be stopped. Its gonna be harder with a first to three.

2 out of 3 for MK11 makes the game so much more exciting for sure.

I’m all for hyping up tweedy cuz he advanced into winners but I’ve never understood people who get hyped just cuz he beat sonic fox. Like I’ve never understood people who get off too seeing the number 1 person lose. Granted, of course I know people have their different reasons for being happy but that particular reason always seemed odd to me.

MURK

Noob
NOBODY has been able to beat Sonicfox in a tournament sending him to losers. Tweedy just made history. And Uncle JBeezY is so proud!

There's has been a good number of times that sonic has been sent to losers in a tournament (while also winning the whole thing from the loser's side). Also, tweedy is up on sonic in tournament gameplay. Last time sonic beat tweedy in a tournament was in mkx at common wealth. I believe tweedy is up 2-1 against sonic

And to counter your "no in mk11 tho" statement, combo breaker is the 1st official tournament for mk11

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I’m all for hyping up tweedy cuz he advanced into winners but I’ve never understood people who get hyped just cuz he beat sonic fox. Like I’ve never understood people who get off too seeing the number 1 person lose. Granted, of course I know people have their different reasons for being happy but that particular reason always seemed odd to me.
I see the champion as an insurmountable obstacle, and the person who beat him as a person who has truly risen above himself and exceeded all expectations. Guess I have a thing for the underdog (in my eyes, anyone who fights a many-times champion is an underdog).

Plus, I love it when players use a character I really like. Baraka in this case. Trust me, if Havik ever gets released as MK11 DLC and Sonic Fox ends up maining him, I'd love to see him destroy Geras users all day long. And never get dethroned.

Well I feel there's two camps for NRS casual community on this subject: people who hate sonicfox and want to see him taken down a peg (yeah I know it's petty and pathetic af but this is what it is) and people like me who are incredibly impressed at the player who beat Sonicfox and want to see them succeed further.

Mad respect for Sonic Fox first of all. I have nothing against him as a player or person, but 9/10 I'll root for anyone able to beat him, especially in MK.

And the reason why is cuz he's so damn good, I kinda feel like some players have a mental block against him cuz he has such a strong tourney presence, but then you have people like Tweedy beating him because he got on SF's level and then outplayed him. So anyone that beats him immediately gets this underdog status you could say.

But yeah you also have a lot of the former to contend with.

I see the champion as an insurmountable obstacle, and the person who beat him as a person who has truly risen above himself and exceeded all expectations. Guess I have a thing for the underdog (in my eyes, anyone who fights a many-times champion is an underdog).

Plus, I love it when players use a character I really like. Baraka in this case. Trust me, if Havik ever gets released as MK11 DLC and Sonic Fox ends up maining him, I'd love to see him destroy Geras users all day long. And never get dethroned.
Yeah see I can understand this

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Also, it's … the thrill, the excitement of something different happening. The champion beating someone is the normality. Tuesday. The status quo.

But when the challenger is winning … when you see that the champ is in danger ... then the status quo is threatened. There is excitement. There is change. The crowd goes wild at the possibilities of, well, in a way, see history in the making. Sure, the champion has his groupies, but no one can deny the rush when you realize that things are about to change.

Back in the days where Schumacher (hope I spelled it right) was driving in the Grand Prix, the moments where he wouldn't end in first place were the ones that had people be at the edge of their seats.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Woah! I'm not even a big tournament watcher, and that was a damn fine couple of sets. Nice!

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
There's one thing I've noticed that makes SonicFox beatable. Or his greatest weakness.

SonicFox can not control the pace of a fight or keep the momentum in check (to his favor)

NinjaKiller, Tweedy, GGADizzy, and a few more players I can name drop... Have always had the momentum and pace in their favor when up against SonicFox.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I'm the biggest Tweedy fan in the world. I said from the beginning before Mk11 even launched that three people were gonna take sets off of Sonic. Tweedy, Scar, and Rewind.

Extremely happy for him. Sonics a killer though so I'd like to.see them face off in GF.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
He even switches to Erron Black and got mopped. I was impressed. And by the way he collapsed after the match I’m sure he was impressed with himself lol.