What's new

BossLogic puts our minds on INJUSTICE 3

Scott Naylor

Comments

I'd be down to never see Injustice again. 2 was the worst fighting game I've played in my life. Even tho I love Inj1, I don't like DC characters to wait 5 year gaps for a new MK. I'll just take Deathstroke in MK and be happy

I'd be down to never see Injustice again. 2 was the worst fighting game I've played in my life. Even tho I love Inj1, I don't like DC characters to wait 5 year gaps for a new MK. I'll just take Deathstroke in MK and be happy
I basically am new to the NRS scene, but I’m familiar with the conventional FGC. Does injustice substantially crossover with regular fgc players more because of back to block or is it mainly the same players as MK games (with some comic fans)?

I honestly had no problem with injustice, despite having little interest in playing it. Then MKX came and it was clear the art directions from that game were leaking into MK - mainly with things like Ermac permanently floating when idle, some animations with weird tempo (starting slow, then suddenly doing a ultra-fast portion then slowing again, pretty much like a comic-esque thing). Then MK11 it got even more notable - we got things like Cetrion, a character that could pretty much be a new DC hero/villain. Now, in MK1, we have the camera significantly zoomed out (something that seemed only present in Injustice).

I honestly hate those small things, and for that reason, I'd also rather not have another injustice so they don't further cross things from that IP's art direction into MK - or have them focus those quirks entirely on Injustice and leave MK without it.

I'm not a comic book or superhero person at all, the only DC characters I knew going into IGAU was Batman, Superman, Penguin, Joker, Catwoman and Wonder Woman. So all the characters I know are basically just all the ones in the 2 Injustice games, but I really enjoyed the gameplay of them both. So would look forward to a sequel

I still feel we should have gotten Injustice 3 before MK1.

My only problem with Injustice 2's current state is anti-airs still trade to jump attacks instead of beating them. A problem that NRS has since fixed in MK11 and 1. So it feels like we really could have had the perfect NRS fighting game

Back on thread topic- it's really cool to see more stuff from Boss Logic again

Last edited:
I still feel we should have gotten Injustice 3 before MK1.

My only problem with Injustice 2's current state is anti-airs still trade to jump attacks instead of beating them. A problem that NRS has since fixed in MK11 and 1. So it feels like we really could have had the perfect NRS fighting game

Back on thread topic- it's really cool to see more stuff from Boss Logic again
We still have jump attacks that just outright beat AAs, like Johnny’s j4, which is really dumb. I’m not the biggest fan of upblocking either, randomly having a 50/50 guess on any jump in is a little silly.

I’ve only ever played back to block in injustice, and it seems like jump attacks are always strong due to cross ups in these types of games, and that’s probably ok - as long as AAs are also really strong, and the cross ups only happen from a setup

Basically where i'm at. The injustice games were both dumpster fires balance wise, and often not all that interesting to watch or play. I hated the time wasting breaker system (which I get helps moves units to casuals), the weird design standards for moves (much more "need meter to combo" than MK), and often if I DID find a certain thing about a character interesting, they were either trash, or the mechanic was. Oh and interactables were mostly a mess as well.

I think there's a cool game in there, but that's not how they keep making it, so i'm fine if I never see another.