What's new

Born On a Monday -- Solomon Grundy General Discussion/QA/Combo Thread

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
finally got the damage up to 80% , ive been tryin to do this for a while so thought id post , big thanks to @HP Hatecraft for recording it for me .
You can do 80% with two bars. Ji2,112,BGB,MBb3,ji2,b1,MBSH,ji1,b1 health trait. That's a swag combo, but you can save a meter and do that much damage. And that's another damn thing that's not on the ps4 version cuz of the hot fix is b1MBGR 112 doesn't all combo.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
You can do 80% with two bars. Ji2,112,BGB,MBb3,ji2,b1,MBSH,ji1,b1 health trait. That's a swag combo, but you can save a meter and do that much damage. And that's another damn thing that's not on the ps4 version cuz of the hot fix is b1MBGR 112 doesn't all combo.
i am well aware of his resets , this is a combo :)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
are you sure it doesn't work on PS4? Can anyone else confirm?

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
are you sure it doesn't work on PS4? Can anyone else confirm?
I've tried this a couple of times cuz of seeing that in combos on the push the damage threa or on here where combos start with b1MBGR. It either doesn't work on ps4, or I have horrible execution, even though I can do all the other combos on here lol

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I've tried this a couple of times cuz of seeing that in combos on the push the damage threa or on here where combos start with b1MBGR. It either doesn't work on ps4, or I have horrible execution, even though I can do all the other combos on here lol
interesting. It has like a 2 frame window to execute with standing 1...1 frame with standing 2 and a little more with d1.

Try linking a d1 or uppercut...if that works then you might just be a little slow.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
you guys are probably inputting too early thats the problem i have sometimes, try inputting 112 two after the MB flash (purple explosion)
Do you ever go for d13 after mb gr? I've been doing that then dashing up for the grab setup. With damage on this can be death.

112 mb sh, j2 b1 gr mb, d12 dash grab.

The grab by itself does mid 50 damage. I think it's around 90%

fr stack

Do you ever go for d13 after mb gr? I've been doing that then dashing up for the grab setup. With damage on this can be death.

112 mb sh, j2 b1 gr mb, d12 dash grab.

The grab by itself does mid 50 damage. I think it's around 90%
the hkd set up for grabs i use is , 112 db2 MB , ji2 b1 db2 --trait...(theres a few different options out of this set up) , or instead of b1 db3 MB, d13--trait , id use b1 db3 MB , d1 --trait, if timed right they cant jump , i rarely go for kd grab attempts unless ive beaten the urge to wake up out of them :)
edit/ fyi theres a cross up situation from the b1 db3 MB , d13 also

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
the hkd set up for grabs i use is , 112 db2 MB , ji2 b1 db2 --trait...(theres a few different options out of this set up) , or instead of b1 db3 MB, d13--trait , id use b1 db3 MB , d1 --trait, if timed right they cant jump , i rarely go for kd grab attempts unless ive beaten the urge to wake up out of them :)
edit/ fyi theres a cross up situation from the b1 db3 MB , d13 also
I don't know why but I havn't had a single person wakeup out of it yet online vs me...its so sexy.

fr stack

I don't know why but I havn't had a single person wakeup out of it yet online vs me...its so sexy.
to be honest ive never seen anyone use it either , its just gettin them to block on knockdown is half the battle for me or just block in general haha , ill give it a whirl today and let u know
just thinkin aloud , this would prob catch a few of my regular sparring partners off , because i use a similar set up without knocking them down :)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
to be honest ive never seen anyone use it either , its just gettin them to block on knockdown is half the battle for me or just block in general haha , ill give it a whirl today and let u know
just thinkin aloud , this would prob catch a few of my regular sparring partners off , because i use a similar set up without knocking them down :)
you can also dash in and neutral jump many of their wakeups...this will keep them guessing.

I think its the speed of the knockdown that gets people. I also use it fishing in the neutral game. if it hits, I'll usually do 2 wcc on their wakeup. Maybe thats why mid combo they are scared to do anything.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
I'm still knew to this game and Grundy so I have a question that might seem a bit silly. How do you guys use WC/WCC anywhere other than from full screen away without getting blown up? It feels like the popular characters can just swing at me every time I use it and I either just whiff my grab and get punished or cancel and am forced to block and be pressured. These days I'm reduced to using it in combos or the occasional WCC into MBb3. In the end it's really starting to feel like I can only do the old "walk and block" to approach then if I'm lucky I lend a 2 into WC/interactable, sweep, or sometimes a MB SH. All of that while I'm taking a bunch of chip hopefully getting in.

fr stack

I'm still knew to this game and Grundy so I have a question that might seem a bit silly. How do you guys use WC/WCC anywhere other than from full screen away without getting blown up? It feels like the popular characters can just swing at me every time I use it and I either just whiff my grab and get punished or cancel and am forced to block and be pressured. These days I'm reduced to using it in combos or the occasional WCC into MBb3. In the end it's really starting to feel like I can only do the old "walk and block" to approach then if I'm lucky I lend a 2 into WC/interactable, sweep, or sometimes a MB SH. All of that while I'm taking a bunch of chip hopefully getting in.
if you are on x box i can give u some games , ive been playin grundy since day 1 so im used to having to get in

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I did okay at Civil War, the game is pretty dumb though. Flash's damage output is on the same level as Grundy's and hes like 3 times as fast. :(

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I did okay at Civil War, the game is pretty dumb though. Flash's damage output is on the same level as Grundy's and hes like 3 times as fast. :(
Grundy has an inverse of the relation that most characters had in this game I think - He started out relatively strong and hasn't been changed much and that's made him worse in the long run
Characters like Bane or maybe even flash (I don't remember how good he was at launch, just that he got buffed constantly) started out relatively weak and have been changed multiple times and that's made them much stronger in the long run

They went on making everyone stupid but Grundy and now he's basically a shitter... What I wouldn't give for F1 to be fast