What's new

Boosters BANNED from World Tekken Federation (WTF)

Should other fighting games follow this policy?

• Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
By Flying Wonky

It's nice to wake up to a nice serving of justice in the morning. If one were to wonder into the leaderboards page on the World Tekken Federation site, you'll find a significant lack of the usual obvious boosters that weren't fooling anyone with their high ranks...

Read the rest of the Article here:
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2012/11/7/ttt2-boosters-banned-from-world-tekken-federation.html

What are your thoughts on this? Should Namco continue this policy more aggressively? And should other fighting games such as MK/Injustice follow this precedent in fighting games?

No the community needs guys like FOR THE SHAOLIN aka Serato1988 lol.

Jkn It would be cool if Injustice had it as long as the netcode isn't shit

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
no they shouldn't.

~goes back to trolling people on MW3 with hacked lobbies~ ;D

redeyes

Button Masher
so can NRS like ban for the shaolin from xbox? its just annoying queing for ranked getting him he does his little glitch then and runs away like a little girl.

Axel_Redd

boosters usually suck anyways....They shouldn't get banned tho, if boosters wanna waste their time getting free wins to buff their stats let them. They'll still be scrubby lol. I say if they paid money for their game, they shouldn't be banned for playing it how they want. Let the boosters boost, so we can humiliate them on youtube later :p

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
My stance on exploits will hardly change. There is no reason why not to fuck them up if they can. Good stuff.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No. The only time you should get banned for boosting is if it's affecting someone else. Such as in a 4v4 lobby, 7 people are boosting and 1 guys pretty much gets fucked. Otherwise no one should care about boosting except nerds who take online rank too seriously.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
So wait, are they banned from playing tekken online then? And this sounds crazy, but it would be cool if some developers punished people before banning them. Example: Some people had gotten ahold of dark souls before it released and were playing online. FromSoftware didn't like this so they sent their imba leveled up phantoms into the players' games to kill them continuously. Hell, with tekken here it would be funny to glitch their asses out or make them lose in one hit. Just a random thought. :D

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So wait, are they banned from playing tekken online then? And this sounds crazy, but it would be cool if some developers punished people before banning them. Example: Some people had gotten ahold of dark souls before it released and were playing online. FromSoftware didn't like this so they sent their imba leveled up phantoms into the players' games to kill them continuously. Hell, with tekken here it would be funny to glitch their asses out or make them lose in one hit. Just a random thought. :D
why i regret not being able to get the game before release date, the japs had fun with that even though they were screwed without dem patches lol

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Online records mean nothing as far as competitive tournament play goes, but the vast vast vast vast majority of gamers are not traveling tournament players. They enjoy playing the game, being as good as they can, and knowing their spot on the rankings. For the 99.99% majority of non-tournament people who bought the game, the online leaderboards a big source of fun. Particularly in a game like TTT2 with sick netcode, as opposed to say MK9, which is shit.

I think this is a good thing, and it should continue. It shows that the company cares about the people who bought the game and is interested in giving them the best possible experience for their purchase. Bravo.

I know the first thought of people here is "lulz who cares its online amirite" but you have to remember that as traveling competitive players, we're a laughable minority compared to their overall sales. MLG had what, about 100 MK players? And the game sold over a million. Being nice, 100 / 1,000,000 = .0001%. This was a great goodwill move by Namco.

Tolkeen

/wrists
I think they should be banned provided some recorded form of proof, and here is why.

Although online leader boards do not mean anything IN and of Themselves, if I was going to go for a gaming sponsorship why WOULDN'T I put my rank down on the "application". Every little bit helps when it comes to convincing people to put money into you. Now, personally I don't have the tournament results to get a sponsorship, but Curbo used to be top 50 (I think) and if he had kept that rank AND did as well as he did at his first MLG it is completely reasonable that he could have used both those facts to get a legitimate sponsorship. Instead of staying at home and falling into obscurity like the rest of us.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
They should do what Rockstar did with cheaters in Max Payne 3--they banished them to a server that only had cheaters. That way, they could still play the game, but they could only play it with douche bags that cheated like them.

This is the solution that fighting games should use.
Really? That's poetic justice right there.

I actually think it's hilarious. They work so hard to boost to get to the top, and BAN HAMMER! :REO I think it should be done in the most blatantly obvious cases, though I'm still wondering how the hell do you boost in tekken? Getting matched up against someone is completely random, unless they figured out a way to face the same person again and again.

Really? That's poetic justice right there.
Yep--here's a video that describes the system a little bit:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/13/news-max-payne-3-cheaters-punished

I think this is the perfect way to handle it. People who cheat say it's bs if they get banned because they payed money just like everyone else, so this system would negate that argument. People who play legitimately argue that cheaters staying ruins their experience and they payed money, so again this addresses that concern.

Making the cheaters play each other is a perfect solution and quite funny and entertaining as they constantly get a taste of their own medicine.

Axel_Redd

Rockstar are scrubs for banishing players who "cheat" or abuse glitches that are already in the game :REO

Reedoms

Noob
Are they actually cheating or just dodging out of matches to keep their rank? If it's the latter, who gives a fuck?