What's new

Boon, "Mortal Kombat 9 sold closer to 4 million copies" - may have outsold vanilla Street Fighter 4

Vothsair

Noob
I never went out there to say "i hate street fighter because to me lacks creativity" but capcom fan boys doesn't miss an oportunity to bash MK on every success it does.

i use to think the Capcom community is cool, but it seems Capcom community is full of jealous idiot ppl who have never played mk at 1st place and are running around making fool of themselves trying so explain mortal kombat system when they cleary don't understand, and saying the game is dead.

In Angola we love to watch competitive mk like watching football, NeoRussell was here and he felt the hype of every crazy feature happening just for the few of us who could made it, imagine if it was on a scheduled day.

Lets get more entrance than milky SF at EVO to shut the fuck up of their faces, and lets hype the hell off of any match streamed and making a fuckin huge noise like if we're watching football, then they'll not have excuses to bash on our game anymore.
I am always on Capcom game streams and I never even hear anyone say MK is dead. No one says MK is dead more than MK players, just look at these forums. You act like this is only towards MK. This happens with SF4, Blazeblue, Persona, TTT2, PSASBR, KoF, Smash bros. Like MK has it easy compared to SFxT. No one gets shit like SFxT, a Capcom game. Any fighting game is subject to this harassment by MvC3 players. They do it because they know it bugs you. You shouldn't be bothered by this. Just support your scene and have fun. Not to prove to them anything but so your community will grow into something great. MK community does the same shit first chance they get. It is funny to watch. If you watched NEC stream it was Marvel vs Mortal kombat on stream chat.

Saint

Noob
I never went out there to say "i hate street fighter because to me lacks creativity" but capcom fan boys doesn't miss an oportunity to bash MK on every success it does.

i use to think the Capcom community is cool, but it seems Capcom community is full of jealous idiot ppl who have never played mk at 1st place and are running around making fool of themselves trying so explain mortal kombat system when they cleary don't understand, and saying the game is dead.

In Angola we love to watch competitive mk like watching football, NeoRussell was here and he felt the hype of every crazy feature happening just for the few of us who could made it, imagine if it was on a scheduled day.

Lets get more entrance than milky SF at EVO to shut the fuck up of their faces, and lets hype the hell off of any match streamed and making a fuckin huge noise like if we're watching football, then they'll not have excuses to bash on our game anymore.
Except for the few people on that side doing exactly what you are, their community as a whole doesn't trash MK, they don't even talk about it, likely because they don't care.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
A bunch of Capcom fans bash anything that's not Capcom, MK gets it the worst because it does not adhere to the "normal" mechanics of a fighter, like back to block, and because MK is the closest thing in terms of popularity to SF in the 2D fighter category.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
i completely agree. 1-frame linkscan kiss my ass. im not gonna spend all day just tryin to get the execution down to link a medium punch into a heavy punch
you know what's funny.... some of my friends thinks this game is too hard lol

NKZero

Noob
i completely agree. 1-frame linkscan kiss my ass. im not gonna spend all day just tryin to get the execution down to link a medium punch into a heavy punch
I mean as 'cool' as it is to say you can do that stuff, that means fuck all towards strategy. What you end up getting is a game that could look bad on the big screen (like EVO) when lower level players are playing because they cannot consistently land these complicated links or whatever.

I'd rather have simple-ish buttons that don't cross my mind when I'm strategising throughout the match. Also it's boring. I refuse to play Mishimas (TTT2) for that purpose. I picked two easy characters and I'm working on team synergy, going in depth individually with both characters etc.

I just played KOF 13 yesterday and I feel like crying lol.

Flagg

Noob

Man I love MK and im also a fan of Capcom fighters and yeah im aware of how much shit Capcom fanboys give other fighters, but the MK community is no different. At Frosty Faustings, there were tons of MK players shitting all over the Arc games like Persona simply because they couldn't wait for the ARC game grand top 8 to finish and wanted their MK fill.

God forbid if MK ever did become the biggest fighting community cause we'd be no different to the Capcom one.

Goku

Noob
Good for NRS, but it sells because of the story and the violence. The fact that it has this many sales, and small tournament numbers is proof of this. If tournament numbers reflected sales numbers then the MK tournament community would most likely dwarf every other fg community.

I really feel like someone needs to create an official online tournament to try to connect the large amount of players who exist online, and the casual players with the offline tournament scene. Maybe there should be an annual definitive online champion in addition to the EVO, individual major, counterpart. You could go even further and designate regional worldwide online champions. This is one way to connect the buyers of a product with the tournament scene. It's a win win for everyone. It's like how EVO ran those online qualifiers.​
However it's done, someone needs to figure out a way to get more of these people buying the games to attend tournaments. 4 million sales is too much to have such small numbers at tournaments.​
That doesn't prove anything, other than that people have different tastes for fighting games. SF fanboys are always going to love Capcom and hate upon MK, as with every other community that is Anti-MK. Why do you think every SF game sells a high amount, because the SAME people come back and buy every edition (which is very stupid and money-wasting), many top tournament players (including some here) will never like MK and will influence others to do the same. That is the issue in the FG community, there is so much fanboyism that ruins the fun of the games releases.

Plop

Noob
Don't get me wrong, I do like SF and always have, but these days i prefer to watch AE rather than play (although i do play from time to time).
I did alot of link practise but i dont think you can ever truly get a combo down in that game. I spend the whole round trying to get in on a shoto, just to have him mash out a dp in between my links just because i was a frame or 2 off. I dunno, it just seems silly to me.
SFxT on the other hand is a really fun game and I like it alot. I don't have to worry so much about silly little things like that. It's sad to see it get shat on so much. IMHO SFxT > AE in terms of gameplay, but AE > SFxT on the streams and stuff. It's amazing how such a fun game can be so fuckin boring to watch...
MK>both games in both areas though btw

and as for Marvel, where do i even begin....? :(

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Man I love MK and im also a fan of Capcom fighters and yeah im aware of how much shit Capcom fanboys give other fighters, but the MK community is no different. At Frosty Faustings, there were tons of MK players shitting all over the Arc games like Persona simply because they couldn't wait for the ARC game grand top 8 to finish and wanted their MK fill.

God forbid if MK ever did become the biggest fighting community cause we'd be no different to the Capcom one.
I don't want to argue. I just want to ask where you saw this happening at Frosty Faustings? I was too busy getting shoulder bumped into a table by Kerahime or w/e his name is.

Goku

Noob
That's not entirely correct. SF doesn't get the praise it deserves from the MK community. You would not have MK were it not for SF. I believe that. SF is the first fighting game that the first fg fans latched on to (myself included), but look at my name: gamemk. I'm a MK fan, but at no point in SF history did I ever dismiss SF, except for when they released the original SF III and Second Impact. The reason for this is because the parry made offense even more difficult than it already had been in all the previous SF games, and it made defense as simple as a flick forward or backwards. Imo, SF III produced a lot of strategically weak SF players because the parry gave them an easy answer to stuff they would get dominated by in the previous SF games.

What was cool about MK from the beginning, aside from the story and the fatalities, was that normals dealt damage. Anyone who was there at the beginning of SF knows how awesome the game was, but how frustrating it was to deal damage against a good opponent. MK solved that by allowing normal based damage, which put an even greater emphasis on learning how to zone, because any little hit, blocked or unblocked, would result in losing life. However, that plus started to become a minus as players got extremely good at exploiting the game's weaknesses, and after they had lost all incentive to perform the fatalties, because turtling got out of hand. The game got too defensive, so to remedy this the MK team made the run button, to force the action. Problem is that this caused the game to become too offensive, and it nerfed zoning in MK really bad.

MK 9 still has not found the correct balance for 2d MK, which is why the two S tier characters are *gasp an extreme offensive character (Kabal and PL's Kung Lao), and an extreme defensive character (Kenshi). The rest of the cast just factors out into minor levels of offense and defense, with no really good balance to compete with Kabal or Kenshi. Then there's the repetitive target string stuff, and LBSH the funky way some characters look and move, no crossups, no reliable fast anti airs, and the weird hitboxes.

SF players don't just complain for the sake of hating MK. Trust me, there is a MK game to be made that would eliminate a lot of the 3d elements and some of the extreme balance issues that MK9 still retains, making it more of a true 2d fighter, that SF players would go apeshit over. NRS just hasn't made it yet, and they may never make it, which is fine because the sales speak for themselves, but I think a lot of the MK9 fans, especially those for whom MK is like their only 2d fighter, can sometimes be guilty of viewing MK9/MK through rose-colored glasses (I admit that I was once guilty of this, too).

And for those complaining about having to practice links or whatever. Practice, in any competitive endeavor, is supposed to be hard. Michael Jordan used to say something like "Practice is hard; The game is easy for me because I've already done all the difficult work in practice." You're shortchanging yourself if you like something because it's easy, or easier to understand. That's actually why I hope they take the block button out of MK 10. It's too much of a crutch for a lot of players.
Why should we praise SF, they have never been fond/treated MK with respect, so they do not deserve praise for a game that IMO, isn't even worth the time of day. You get treated the way you treat others, and there is no respect from the SF community, so they will not receive any in return. And yes, the SF community absolutely DOES hate on MK simply because of the title, simply by the way their reviews of MK9 were, and anytime the title is mentioned. You clearly are a huge SF/Capcom fanboy, as every-time something MK is mentioned, you always give a negative and unnecessary response. Do not even try to deny it, as it more than obvious you are and are one of the many who is up Capcom's ass so far you can't even see straight.

Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter are both great games, the only thing holding back Mortal Kombat is consistent international competition that would bring more hype, better matches and more regional type rivalries that would obviously go outside of the USA, which is of course MK's comfort zone. Street Fighter players have always had that sort of rivalry stemming particularly from USA vs Japan. Top competitive games always have those things that help competition thrive and make it more exciting, because people love rallying around a flag and culture and having something to support.