What's new

Question - Goro Boon hints at Goro's playstyle, "ever played Doomsday in Injustice?"

It's +6 on block.

I'd like you to explain to me how I get parried after a blocked MB Venom and I try to do a d1 right afterwards against Frost, Zod, Batman and Joker.
your down 1 is 7 frames or 6??? joker batman and forst all have 1 framers... zod's parry is 3 frames it shouldn't work but online delay probably plays a role and it gets squeezed in

E

Eldriken

your down 1 is 7 frames or 6??? joker batman and forst all have 1 framers... zod's parry is 3 frames it shouldn't work but online delay probably plays a role and it gets squeezed in
I believe it's 7 frames.

If Zod's parry really is 3 frames, it could very well be the online. I didn't know his startup was slower than the others. However, it doesn't matter in an online environment from the looks of it.

Either way, I have to guess as much as the opponent does after a blocked MB Venom.

"Are they going to dash? Are they going to block? Are they going to parry?"

I agree that Doomsday is cookie cutter and practically braindead, but that's only effective against people who get overwhelmed by him and don't know how to handle him. When you're playing someone who knows the MU and plays it well, you can't go all flow charty and expect to win. It just won't happen. You have to adapt and change what you're doing.

I believe it's 7 frames.

If Zod's parry really is 3 frames, it could very well be the online. I didn't know his startup was slower than the others. However, it doesn't matter in an online environment from the looks of it.

Either way, I have to guess as much as the opponent does after a blocked MB Venom.

"Are they going to dash? Are they going to block? Are they going to parry?"

I agree that Doomsday is cookie cutter and practically braindead, but that's only effective against people who get overwhelmed by him and don't know how to handle him. When you're playing someone who knows the MU and plays it well, you can't go all flow charty and expect to win. It just won't happen. You have to adapt and change what you're doing.
fair enough... i know the matchup well... hate the design... want to play these players in a footsie game

E

Eldriken

in training mode now and reversal zod parry after mb shoulder is getting stuffed by d1
So, you're saying that after blocking a MB Venom and doing a parry reversal with Zod, Zod is losing? If that's the case, then the only reason it works online is due to just that: it's online.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
People also dislike having to run away from grapplers and block endless projectiles from zoners. Are they designed dumb?

Fighting games thrive with a ton of represented styles. If all the characters play samey you get dead or alive.
Yeah. Kasumi, Ayane, Helena, Christie, and Bass all play exactly the same. Except that they don't... at all.

Art

Grave_Intent
I hope he is actually a top tier character to show he was a former Mortal Kombat champ. As it stands he's never been that tough of an opponent.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I just want you people who say Doomsday is braindead to use him against someone who is capable of blocking ES 10/10. See what monkey ass tricks you'll need to pull just to get them to not block that 1% low in time.

Otherwise, feel free to win a match with venom and shake, 2% chip at a time.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It's +6 on block.

I'd like you to explain to me how I get parried after a blocked MB Venom and I try to do a d1 right afterwards against Frost, Zod, Batman and Joker.
It makes sense for Joker since he has a 1f parry which unfortunately is not a reversal.

E

Eldriken

It makes sense for Joker since he has a 1f parry which unfortunately is not a reversal.
Yeah, but based on what a few people were saying, MB Venom is only +3 on block, which is why Zod's parry beats my d1 attempt. However, @RM Chongo was trying it in practice and was beating Zod's reversal parry after a blocked MB Venom with a d1 every time.

So, that leads me to believe it is +6 and the only reason Zod's parry wins is due to online latency.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Wooow. This Doomsday debate is getting spicy. In the end, like I've said before, it's like describing El Fuerte's playstyle in Sf4. Some will call it braindead, but that's not even saying he's good. It just means he is allowed to just do stuff and press buttons in many matchups.

I wouldn't even go as far as to say it's cheap. Bane's bullshit is cheap, Aquaman's bullshit is cheap, Batgirl's bullshit is cheap, Martian's bullshit is cheap.... but DD? He might as well be called one of the most honest/fair characters in Injustice with all the rest of the true bullshit in this game.

Even his Mb shoulder which I hate only grants him an oppurtunity to possibly get 12%. Some of the higher tiers straight up get stuff for free at certain ranges or at least have super safe unseeable 50/50s into huge damage.

you still don't have play much of a spacing game... you still have the same general get in your face and go bananas strategy... just because there are certain things to watch for doesn't mean he still isn't a wicked cookie cutter character... but that's injustice for you... there are a lot of refined aspects of games which i enjoy which don't apply to injustice very much nor are they necessary... I just hope mk x has footsies and we can see how people who primarily played doomsday in injustice and don't have another background do.
This is all you had to say Pecka. All the rest of what your saying IS bias toward DD, man.

Your real gripe I think, as mine definitely is, is with Injustice itself. The spacing game is just all out of whack. Some characters just dominate it and the rest just ignore it completely (or both -_-').

When I said the DD comment originally in page2 it was more of a hope that MkX will focus more on traditional fighting game fundamentals and not just Injustice fundamentals where tons of characters could do stuff with no repercussion a lot of the time.

Even Mk9 had a spacing game more sound than Injustice imho. I just want as little true bullshit as possible in MkX. I think everyone could agree with that.

Last edited:

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
So... thoughts on what Goro's variations will be? A - top two arms, B - bottom two arms, C - all four arms?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
So... thoughts on what Goro's variations will be? A - top two arms, B - bottom two arms, C - all four arms?
1. Ground Pounds
2. Grapples
3. Severe rushdown

And one of his specials through all variations is a standard unblockable grab. My guess.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
play me in a set... i will destroy you... i was already in losers and i wasn't all there... give me a big set see waht happens... it has nothing to do with that win... i didn't give a shit at that point. It has to do with the fact that doomsday is incredibly braindead and i think he doesn't have to learn challenging aspects of fighting games at all.
I will destroy you? Wait a minute....now YOU sound like a dd player!