What's new

General/Other Boon assures Batgirl "ain't no Batman clone"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
You can't hide the fact that the second confirmed DLC character, Batgirl wasn't received well by many. The frustration comes from yet another "Batman character" hitting the official roster for Injustice: Gods Among Us while there are so many other females it could have been. NetherRealm Studios has heard all of the concerns and its Creative Director, Ed Boon hinted towards proving the negatives remarks wrong.

In a recent tweet a few days ago, Ed Boon responded to a tweet stating that we should be anxious for her game-play (coming next week) and assured as that "she's no Batman clone".

batgirl.jpg

clone.jpg

Source: noobde

Harlequinnj

"Trying to make me laugh?"
Happy to hear, there's always room for a new female character on the roster in my books (even if it isn't Starfire, Zatanna or Canary like i hoped), so i will definitely be trying her out!

This game needs far more female characters than it does already- i just hope Batgirl isn't the only one who makes it in..

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Regardless of how she plays, he has to know most people would have preferred Martian Manhunter. And if they were dead set on putting in another Batman universe character, this is literally the last one I would have chosen.

Oh well. I still love the game, but the DLC is super disappointing.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
There's a place for Scorpion and it's called Mortal Kombat. Injustice and MK should stay as far away from each other as possible, just like Hector said they would. This is a DC fighting game, not DC vs MK 2.
I don't know, it's one character. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. And he's a DLC so he's optional. I think he or Batgirl will be the best seller....

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
No one was mad because we thought she would play the same as batman.

People are mad because they picked a 7th batman character, hardly anyone asked for her, and she pretty much confirms Zod and Scorpion, two choices that no one wanted either.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
No one was mad because we thought she would play the same as batman.

People are mad because they picked a 7th batman character, hardly anyone asked for her, and she pretty much confirms Zod and Scorpion, two choices that no one wanted either.
Actually. When she was first announced everyone was made because she was a clone. Now that everyone knows she wont be a clone people are complaining about the Batman aspect. :16Bit