What's new

Tech - Ninjitsu Bonsho Kick setup from B121 on block

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey guys, i was testing some long combos into a possible barrage of staggers, and at some point it led me to this, and i'm actually satisfied with the results.

Scorpion's Bonsho kick's execution is 13f, so b121 when max ranged will push back to where only the tip of the sword will hit, so d1, d4, d2, and most slowers command normals cannot reach it at -1, and once whiffed they cannot block the Bonsho Kick.

This are just a few example, there are other ways to keep staggering players, you can eve tp cancel in some cases but that's not the point here, enjoy. The s1 is intentional for the additional pushback

@OutworldKeith @God Confirm @YOMI RM JagoBlake, Hor_PeT @STRYKIE @Slips @Scoot Magee @JTB123 @Dankster Morgan @Jason Pls @JINAMOUNAINAI @Ze Dingo @Matix218 @Aizen Taichou @YOMI MITYEAP @Mitsuownes @Any Scorpion Player i forgot to tag

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Hey guys, i was testing some long combos into a possible barrage of staggers, and at some point it led me to this, and i'm actually satisfied with the results.

Scorpion's Bonsho kick's execution is 13f, so b121 when max ranged will push back to where only the tip of the sword will hit, so d1, d4, d2, and most slowers command normals cannot reach it at -1, and once whiffed they cannot block the Bonsho Kick.

This are just a few example, there are other ways to keep staggering players, you can eve tp cancel in some cases but that's not the point here, enjoy. The s1 is intentional for the additional pushback

@OutworldKeith @God Confirm @YOMI RM JagoBlake, Hor_PeT @STRYKIE @Slips @Scoot Magee @JTB123 @Dankster Morgan @Jason Pls @JINAMOUNAINAI @Ze Dingo @Matix218 @Aizen Taichou @YOMI MITYEAP @Mitsuownes @Any Scorpion Player i forgot to tag
Nice find Eddy. These kinds of strings are perfect for feeling players out, and testing how "buttonsy" they are. Big fan.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
214 on block is good for the same thing, except it gives you even more pushback, but you have to get them to respect you enough.

This is awesome! I use the same principle with Kenshi. I tend to use the plus frames of his 42 on block and push back to either frame trap the opponent's long range normals with Kenshi's normals, do nothing and see how they respond, or use Ex Push for a hard counter for anything they do. Once they respect your options and start to block you can run in and throw.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
214 on block is good for the same thing, except it gives you even more pushback, but you have to get them to respect you enough.
B121 is guaranteed, they have to respect either way because it has no gaps, first hit is a mid, and is -1 on block, which deceives more people into press buttons because they know you're minus, once they do, you can check them with this or F2.

When people block my 214, i mostly do d4 just to keep the space, though players hardly press buttons after 214 these days though.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
B121 is guaranteed, they have to respect either way because it has no gaps, first hit is a mid, and is -1 on block, which deceives more people into press buttons because they know you're minus, once they do, you can check them with this or F2.

When people block my 214, i mostly do d4 just to keep the space, though players hardly press buttons after 214 these days though.
i would hardly say -1 as the greenlight to go ahead and press buttons especially when theres distance, lol. But of course i'm not saying your wrong. both strings have their purpose as far as spacing and conditioning go.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i would hardly say -1 as the greenlight to go ahead and press buttons especially when theres distance, lol. But of course i'm not saying your wrong. both strings have their purpose as far as spacing and conditioning go.
Yeah, you're not wrong either, its just that people press more buttons when you're minus compared to when you're plus, when scorpion is at +2 with push back he can pratically space almost any normal and whiff punish it at will with F2.
If you space B121 that well, it leaves the impression that limbs can reach it but it just goes right through him, and they can't recover in time if punished with F3, if F3 is blocked somehow, ex spear makes it -5 which sets up a tp cancel.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Good stuff Eddy. This looks like it has some good potential, are you going to test it against other characters as well?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yeah, you're not wrong either, its just that people press more buttons when you're minus compared to when you're plus, when scorpion is at +2 with push back he can pratically space almost any normal and whiff punish it at will with F2.
If you space B121 that well, it leaves the impression that limbs can reach it but it just goes right through him, and they can't recover in time if punished with F3, if F3 is blocked somehow, ex spear makes it -5 which sets up a tp cancel.
how does ex spear being -5 setup a tele cancel?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
how does ex spear being -5 setup a tele cancel?
Tp cancel disappears on the other side of the screen at 5 or 6 frames if i remember correctly, no 8f execution normal can reach you before you vanish to the other side, its a strong tool to set up whiff punishes, i do it very often.

Good stuff Eddy. This looks like it has some good potential, are you going to test it against other characters as well?
Yes i will, probably the character with longest ranged d1 and fasted ranged d4.
Don't forget that we're at -1 there, so those far reaching mids and so can be D4 checked or tp canceled to create openings.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Tp cancel disappears on the other side of the screen at 5 or 6 frames if i remember correctly, no 8f execution normal can reach you before you vanish to the other side, its a strong tool to set up whiff punishes, i do it very often.

Yes i will, probably the character with longest ranged d1 and fasted ranged d4.
Don't forget that we're at -1 there, so those far reaching mids and so can be D4 checked or tp canceled to create openings.
The -1 frame disadvantage is why I'm thinking this has real potential. I always used to check with D1 after B121 as Scorp could still beat every poke that's not faster than 8 frames. I never thought of using F3 as a whiff punisher so this could be really good for Scorp in the long run.

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
I like it, you can also do it with 114, i admit i dont use both setups as much as i should but they are legit poke punishers, problem is if they outspace you instead f3 is death on whiff(-30 something!!)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I like it, you can also do it with 114, i admit i dont use both setups as much as i should but they are legit poke punishers, problem is if they outspace you instead f3 is death on whiff(-30 something!!)
Hitting F3 to punish poke its a reactionary movement, its not done on a guess, is just the same as whiff punishing a d1 or d4 with F2 on reaction, so if they back out of range, you just walk back in and put them back into mental pressure.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The -1 frame disadvantage is why I'm thinking this has real potential. I always used to check with D1 after B121 as Scorp could still beat every poke that's not faster than 8 frames. I never thought of using F3 as a whiff punisher so this could be really good for Scorp in the long run.
Yeah, there were moments i hit d4 to punish those pokes, might as well start using this one.

any bnb into tp restand, into a barrage of staggers and b121 checks (1, B121, or 21, s1, b121) if they press a button after b121 they're open themselves up. if they press a button after blocking s1, b12~extp. etc etc.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
I think this might have more potential for Hellfire than Ninjutsu. I think TP cancel on guess can work against the characters with stupidly long pokes.

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
As i said this is legit and on a correct read you get a full combo in a safer manner than lets say an ex tp, but lets be real, you cant on reaction punish a poke with a 12 fr mid