What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho Bo' Rai Cho "KP3 Patch" Change Ideas

Do you agree with these changes?

• Yeah, fair enough mate.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Yeah nah, you're off your rocker mate!

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Oh shit, Bo's gunna be top 5!

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • nice meme

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

myri

Time Warrior
Been talking to the Bo community about this and figured I'd see what other people thought cause why not right?

So if there is another patch this is what I would like to see.

Universal:

Fix all whiffing and hitbox issues
Make f1 a true mid
Make f2 a mid
An actual backdash

Dragon Breath:

No changes

Drunken Master:

Increased drink duration from 10 seconds to 15 seconds

Bartitsu:

Make f1 a mid (only if f2 remains a high, otherwise leave as is)

Swap the ex version and regular version of df3 so that the regular version launches and the ex version gives more damage plus the hard knockdown.

Add a meter burn version of bf4 in this variation with armour to match his over variations.

And that's it, so what do you think?

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
alls i know is, if he gets a buff to his neutral and what not, he'll need to take a hit to his corner game, cropduster will need to go away on block and hit.

myri

Time Warrior
alls i know is, if he gets a buff to his neutral and what not, he'll need to take a hit to his corner game, cropduster will need to go away on block and hit.
Ehhh maybe. I feel like if you spend a bar you should get what you pay for so to speak. Add to that the fact that it isn't armoured either like ex clone and it feels fine. I think on hit is fine, probably not on block.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
DM could be made more fun actually:
For starters, the drinking system should add 10 seconds to the every remaining time, it would be much fun, imagine, you drink its 10, you drink with 5 secs remaining, now is 15, you drink with 10 secs remaining, now is 20, you drink with 15, now is 25 etc etc.

He should also be able do drink while in meditate
He should be able to transition into meditate after drinking by holding down
and with level 1 drunkness or above, B3,1+3 and F3,1+2 should be able to cancel into drink or meditate
A slightly better walkspeed
A slightly better startup on a few of his normals.
db2 should be able to be drink cancelable.

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
How about fixing s4 whiffing on punishable and sometimes stand-blocking opponents?
Bo would struggle much less in the neutral if his normals hit when they're supposed to.

myri

Time Warrior
Actually to clarify on crop duster I think it's fine to go away on hit because if I go for a corner setup and my opponent makes a good read and hits me then the cloud goes away, fair enough. If I don't get my setup then they have to be careful pushing buttons for a second or two. I think it's fair because you don't get armour, so ex clone gets armour but goes away on block, where as this has no armour and stays on block, just my reasoning.

myri

Time Warrior
DM could be made more fun actually:
For starters, the drinking system should add 10 seconds to the every remaining time, it would be much fun, imagine, you drink its 10, you drink with 5 secs remaining, now is 15, you drink with 10 secs remaining, now is 20, you drink with 15, now is 25 etc etc.

He should also be able do drink while in meditate
He should be able to transition into meditate after drinking by holding down
and with level 1 drunkness or above, B3,1+3 and F3,1+2 should be able to cancel into drink or meditate
A slightly better walkspeed
A slightly better startup on a few of his normals.
db2 should be able to be drink cancelable.
Eddy you absolute madman haha.

I was thinking a while ago that he should just keep his drink at the current level permanently until he is hit, but I figured that was too much.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Best buff he could get is a nerf to top tiers. He's a good character in a game full of broken autopilot characters with fast advancing mids. He's also the only character in the game that keep away actually works against (which is fine, characters need a weakness).

f1 should definitely be a true mid, as should every other mid in the game but that's more of a fix. I'm open to him getting another mid at the cost of something else just don't take away my plus frame OTG papa Paulo.

Dragon Breath is fine.
Bartitsu could benefit from a safe special that doesn't create a gap from 95% of strings.
Drunken Master needs a bit of love, it's too much effort and risk for little payoff.

One issue I have is the only way to punish a lot of unsafe moves consistently as bo is with bf4, which does about 10% and knocks the opponent fullscreen. The best option would probably be to make f2 faster on startup.

I like this character a lot and I think if they do buff him they have to be careful. If they give him better mobility and a fast advancing mid across his variations he'll be top, which no one wants.

myri

Time Warrior
Best buff he could get is a nerf to top tiers. He's a good character in a game full of broken autopilot characters with fast advancing mids. He's also the only character in the game that keep away actually works against (which is fine, characters need a weakness).

f1 should definitely be a true mid, as should every other mid in the game but that's more of a fix. I'm open to him getting another mid at the cost of something else just don't take away my plus frame OTG papa Paulo.

Dragon Breath is fine.
Bartitsu could benefit from a safe special that doesn't create a gap from 95% of strings.
Drunken Master needs a bit of love, it's too much effort and risk for little payoff.

One issue I have is the only way to punish a lot of unsafe moves consistently as bo is with bf4, which does about 10% and knocks the opponent fullscreen. The best option would probably be to make f2 faster on startup.

I like this character a lot and I think if they do buff him they have to be careful. If they give him better mobility and a fast advancing mid across his variations he'll be top, which no one wants.
Yeah that's a good point about the top tiers. I really don't want him to get overbuffed simply because I don't want everyone to start playing him. Being able to punish some things with more than a bf4 which is actually bad for Bo positioning wise would be good too.

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
I think his db2 should go hand in hand with his puke mechanic. I think it should reset 1 level drunk.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
for DM and DB:
- f1 true mid, f2 mid;
- db2 after f21 on block doesn't whiff;
- reduce recovery frames on whiffed bf4/ex-bf4;
- improved backdash and run.

DM:
This:
- the drinking system should add 10 seconds to the every remaining time, it would be much fun, imagine, you drink its 10, you drink with 5 secs remaining, now is 15, you drink with 10 secs remaining, now is 20, you drink with 15, now is 25 etc etc.
- He should also be able do drink while in meditate
- He should be able to transition into meditate after drinking by holding down
Plus:
- dd3 has the same start up speed as ex-dd3;
- better rolls recovery;
- ex-df2 (any drunk level) resets drunk level.

DB:
- ex-db1 has armor;
- you can control speed of fire ball (ex-df2) with "left" or "right" button (so we will have normal, slow and fast versions)

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I think he's mostly fine just nerf the top tiers, do something to make the drinking game more worth it, maybe "Goro" his run and that's about it.

TKB

Noob
I agree with the DB and DM changes.

For DB, make his EX fireball absorb other projectiles.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Remove whiffing issues from DB3/Monkey Flips.

Make the 2 in B32 mowhen the string is done at distance, I think they already put effort to fix this but it still happens on occasion.

In DM sometimes if people get hit by the second 4 in 244, the ~sexystance-3 will only connect it's first hit and no launch will come out. Some characters it happens and some character it doesn't. Remove that. The move can also just whiff like that from distance, it'd be cool if that didn't happen but at least let it hit on strings where I guessed right.

Make DM's drunken enhanced throws combo with Crop Duster like the normal ones do. I wouldn't mind seeing the enhanced throws do the same damage as Barts throws.

Make Bump and Dump/Belly Bash a true mid so it won't get low profiled by d4's and stuff.

Same with f1. Even if it was just a little more generous I'd be very happy.

Make his JI1 and maybe JI2 suck the opponent in or something to make whiffing issues with normals like standing 3, 4 or even non barts b1 less likely to whiff.

Make standing-4's hitbox more generous in the bottom right area(facing to the right). It doesn't have to have a great hitbox but right now it's way to finicky. The move has a gap after it anyway.

I don't see the purpose of F21's gap. Anyone got any idea why?

Make it so DM's DF1 is safe enough to block Reptile's slide, whatever that may be with the distance. I think it could be better on block but I don't want to go overboard, just being true safe would be cool.

Make standing-1 9 frame startup, down from 11.

Mostly I want whiffing issues fixed.

Last edited:

myri

Time Warrior
New one: make it so Bo's drink timer doesn't go down/make it reset instantly when unstoppable Jason uses his resurrection.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
You should also add that Bo could use a tiny mobility buff for his walk speed, especially for bartitsu since it's already bad enough that his run speed is a shitty joke or at least give him better options to fight against zoning because he's basically screwed against 3/4 of the cast from full screen and makes him the Lex part of Lex vs Zod everytime he fights against a character with somewhat competent zoning tools

I definitely agree that Bartitsu Flying Kick needs an enhanced version, preferably with armor. Flying Kick is a great move I just really miss Bump 'n' Dump when I play Bartitsu.

Other than that I think Bo is designed pretty well as is. Has great damage but you have to be patient for it.

omooba

fear the moobs
only been on him for a day so i can't say for sure but i don't think this would fix his problems especially in DM. i think they need to re-design drink mechanics also does anyone here know illmatics youtube/twitch channel

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
More damage and the hard knockdown for an ender. Like it says in the post.
But doesn't the regular version being a launcher mean you get a full combo, thus always giving more damage than the EX-version that doesn't launch (unless the EX-version does like 25%)?

Also I could just use regular DF3, end my combo in DB3 for a hard knockdown and use the bar I saved on EX-DD4. I get that you want regular DF3 to launch, but this EX-version would have very little use.