What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho Bo rai cho buff suggestions

Hiyomoto

Noob
If you're not gonna bother grinding his F3 cancels, then you pretty much have no right to complain about his mobility considering it's equivalent to his run speed except you use no stamina.

Hiyomoto

Noob
Running out of stamina isn't the problem that I have with BRC...
Never said it was. It's just something to consider on the purpose of using the cancel. It adds mobility as well as mind games to your style of using him if you choose to incorporate it into your gameplan.

kevkopdx

Noob
Never said it was. It's just something to consider on the purpose of using the cancel. It adds mobility as well as mind games to your style of using him if you choose to incorporate it into your gameplan.
what is the f3 cancel? is it variation specific?

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
I think Bartitsu needs more meter building also because the variation is meter dependent

Idk you guys i just picked up bartitsu and that spinning cane gets some meter and the chip is ridiculous but i havent got good with my mixups yet so i just poke ppl with f1 i think brc is pretty good get them in the corner and theyre dead

JGillette

Idk you guys i just picked up bartitsu and that spinning cane gets some meter and the chip is ridiculous but i havent got good with my mixups yet so i just poke ppl with f1 i think brc is pretty good get them in the corner and theyre dead
The question is:
Is getting them in the corner that easy as you say(especially zoning characters/variations)? And spinning cane is risky to attempt pressuring.

The question is:
Is getting them in the corner that easy as you say(especially zoning characters/variations)? And spinning cane is risky to attempt pressuring.
You even quoted my post and still added something i didnt say it was easy but the overall game mechanics allow you to push someone into the corner and the spin is -8 thats like the safest move he has lol besides the ex stick poke

JGillette

You even quoted my post and still added something i didnt say it was easy but the overall game mechanics allow you to push someone into the corner and the spin is -8 thats like the safest move he has lol besides the ex stick poke
Actually your type of describing led me to understand like "its so easy to push everyone in the corner and you can wreck their armor and chip out of them with spinning cane". Although the meter building with the spin when blocked looks good, some characters are able to punish it. Therefore I find it insufficent.

Actually your type of describing led me to understand like "its so easy to push everyone in the corner and you can wreck their armor and chip out of them with spinning cane". Although the meter building with the spin when blocked looks good, some characters are able to punish it. Therefore I find it insufficent.
Im curious how do you end your block strings because i do spinning cane for meter pushback and its more safe than a lot of his mixups and flip kick if they punish cane spin besides lao and cassie the most they can get is a poke or reptile slide but the tumble kicks are full combo punishable by everyone

TamedLizard

Buff George
Why do you think spinning cane is risky?
I like it fine. Raw DB1 can break Lao's EX spin on wake-up. Not to mention, "risky" is pretty much Bo's game plan in a nutshell. To get anything going, he's going to need to take calculated risks. And that's any variation.

It's not 100% safe at -8 on block, but I've had a lot of people try to punish it with slower publishes as if it were -11 or more. So, obviously MU specific, but you can bait the reversal and punish accordingly.

Also, you'd be surprised how many people try the double armor gimmick if you break a wake-up with DB1. Once hit it 5 times in a row because of this hasty Mileena. Poor gal. She just wanted to get up in peace.

:joker:

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Nah, The df2 drunk reset would defeat the purpose of drinking. Great suggestion nontheless but i dont agree with it.
I say increase the reward for drinking because as it stands BRC is a high risk medium reward character.
Exactly what should be buffed is up for debate when it comes to his drink exclusive moves. Df1 however should be lvl 1 drunk obtainable. Thats a no brainer for sure.