What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho Bo rai cho buff suggestions

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Why are they nerfing him? Tf did he do? He sucked. Now he sucks even more. Unless there is some huge buff we don't know about yet.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
We should w8 for patch list srsly..
But if there's no buff instead of that shitty nerfs, I'll lose all my hopes for DM

kevkopdx

Noob
omg they NERFED him?????? lol nrs.... this character was probably the worst in the game pre patch...... wow........ speechless..................

I don't. I think NRS had all these adjustments planned already after the kp2 hype. My only issue with BRC is at full screen trying to get in on QC or a zoner type character.I play Dragons Breath. The stomp works with other projectiles but not with Quan. They really need to buff Bo Rai the drunk guy.
Yeah, that was a joke.

Should have inserted a doge emoji.

themanDan

The saw is family
I can't understand why this character got stuff taken away from him, I've never seen anyone complain or even bring up the idea of this character needing nerfs.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
I can't understand why this character got stuff taken away from him, I've never seen anyone complain or even bring up the idea of this character needing nerfs.
Yea bud, its unfortunate. You wouldnt happen to be a designer at nrs would you?

themanDan

The saw is family
Yea bud, its unfortunate. You wouldnt happen to be a designer at nrs would you?
Nah man lol, wish I was, or at least had some say in the Bo changes. This character has such a unique design and is really fun to play, but he's stunted by his horrible neutral/frame data.

Anyway, these are some things I'd like to see get changed (I only play drunken master, so I can't really speak for the other two variations):

Universal:
-Decrease recovery frames of S4 on hit so we can combo from it from an anti-air.
-Decrease start up of ground pound (adds to his neutral against zoners so he isn't a fish in a barrel)

Drunken master:
-Drinking during meditation/zen stance (adds to his neutral against zoners so he isn't a fish in a barrel)
-df2 resets vomit timer (I believe it was Percimon who came up with this one, and thought it would be a really cool idea)
or
-Increase time before BRC vomits
-Being able to drink off of db2 without having to spend meter would be nice.
-Increase the buffer window for drink off of ex bf4 (I've mentioned this before, but this is more of a fix than a buff; offline, the drink off of ex bf4 will come out no matter where you buffer the dd1, online, it's a complete fucking mystery to me, it must be a two frame window cause I've gotten it about two times out of the hundreds of matches I've played. Why would they make the buffer window completely different between offline and online play? makes no goddamn sense.)

Anyway, these are just some of the things I think the character could use, I'm by no means an expert on him, but I have been playing him since release and can definitely tell he needs improvements.

Last edited: