What's new

Blue Beetle Buffs

Vex

Noob
Honestly, I think blue beetle is in a pretty great spot in the roster as of right now. However, I would really appreciate these small fixes/buffs I'm going to mention.

111 - With trait, this entire string will whiff point blank if done right after a mb roll or right after the opponent mb techs out of a combo. This is obviously some kind of bug, and fixing this issue would be great for beetle.

111 - With trait, it would be great if the 2nd hit of this 3 hitting string would get increased range. I get many whiff punishes and trip guards that work on the 1st hit..... but then because the 2nd hit whiffs, no combo can happen. In fact, if the opponent is aware of the 2nd hit whiffing (even though they got hit by the 1st one), they can actually punish with a poke into special.

DB1 - Less damage scaling would be nice considering it's barely useful for combos. As of right now, I only use it for the side switch or maybe a wonky setup after mb DB1.

That's all! Like I inferred earlier, I think Blue Beetle is really underrated. I'd be extremely happy if the folks down in NRS can fix the first problem and implement the rest as buffs to blue beetle :)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Just clickbait to get people triggered and interested :)
It worked. I was about to come in and say that Blue Beetle is perfectly fine then tag @Espio to roast you but I can get behind this, it seems reasonable. I played Grandmaster Sub sympathize with wanting some consistency in your combos.

Reactions: Vex

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Honestly, I think blue beetle is in a pretty great spot in the roster as of right now. However, I would really appreciate these small fixes/buffs I'm going to mention.

111 - With trait, this entire string will whiff point blank if done right after a mb roll or right after the opponent mb techs out of a combo. This is obviously some kind of bug, and fixing this issue would be great for beetle.

111 - With trait, it would be great if the 2nd hit of this 3 hitting string would get increased range. I get many whiff punishes and trip guards that work on the 1st hit..... but then because the 2nd hit whiffs, no combo can happen. In fact, if the opponent is aware of the 2nd hit whiffing (even though they got hit by the 1st one), they can actually punish with a poke into special.

DB1 - Less damage scaling would be nice considering it's barely useful for combos. As of right now, I only use it for the side switch or maybe a wonky setup after mb DB1.

That's all! Like I inferred earlier, I think Blue Beetle is really underrated. I'd be extremely happy if the folks down in NRS can fix the first problem and implement the rest as buffs to blue beetle :)
Came here expecting SG community levels of downplay.Leaving satisfied seeing reasonable demands and adjustments.

I played you the other day in ranked and I sent you a message saying your beetle was very impressive. I assume that was you? PSN was Vex_Chan. Never played a beetle on that level. You made him look S tier in that set.

Haha I know the MU to because I messed around with him on the side for a bit but still, you brought out things I never seen before.

Vex

Noob
I played you the other day in ranked and I sent you a message saying your beetle was very impressive. I assume that was you? PSN was Vex_Chan. Never played a beetle on that level. You made him look S tier in that set.

Haha I know the MU to because I messed around with him on the side for a bit but still, you brought out things I never seen before.
Were you the Green Arrow player? Nevertheless, thanks for the compliments! Trying to get blue beetle on more peoples' radar :)

I think if his TRAIT d1 was a low that would be good, its far reaching and he has a far reaching b2 overhead I dont think this would be overpowered I think its good because it would make it a bit easier to open up people from a bit of distance and a low down 1 could combo with his df1 which is nice, I think it would also be a good tool if they would make it combo with a bounce cancel because it becomes kind of a 50 50 whether you do d1 df1 (low low) or d1 dfMB (low overhead) sure its really far reaching but I think this alone could really help beetle which he needs, his normal d1 without trait I believe should stay mid

as for his damage I do honestly think he could use a slight buff, but it seems nrs wants him to stay this way and that fine with me just hope this explanation of my imagined buff makes sense and is reasonable what do you think?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Now that Ive had some seat time with him.. other than fixes to weird hitbox stuff, I would really like to see less damage scaling after db1 as well.. If we were to get real luxury buffs, like, we dont need it, but wishlist style shyte.. Id like to see 21 startup a tad faster.

And of course fireball should be a mid. 13fc loops should connect midscreen. d1 should be 6f, a low, special cancel-able and + ob. Make df1 safe. Damage buff all around.

He needs it.

cough.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
I think if his TRAIT d1 was a low that would be good, its far reaching and he has a far reaching b2 overhead I dont think this would be overpowered I think its good because it would make it a bit easier to open up people from a bit of distance and a low down 1 could combo with his df1 which is nice, I think it would also be a good tool if they would make it combo with a bounce cancel because it becomes kind of a 50 50 whether you do d1 df1 (low low) or d1 dfMB (low overhead) sure its really far reaching but I think this alone could really help beetle which he needs, his normal d1 without trait I believe should stay mid

as for his damage I do honestly think he could use a slight buff, but it seems nrs wants him to stay this way and that fine with me just hope this explanation of my imagined buff makes sense and is reasonable what do you think?
I think if people know the matchup even a little bit they'll respect d1-df1 at max range with trait. You can just d1-b2 if you think they'll respect it. It's worked on me before, just saying... But nah, he doesn't need that. Watch Vex or Heeyge0rge play and you'll see why.

And if you just want to dash in with a low starter (df1), you can just do that lol. That's worked on me too.

I think if people know the matchup even a little bit they'll respect d1-df1 at max range with trait. You can just d1-b2 if you think they'll respect it. It's worked on me before, just saying... But nah, he doesn't need that. Watch Vex or Heeyge0rge play and you'll see why.

And if you just want to dash in with a low starter (df1), you can just do that lol. That's worked on me too.
true but wouldnt going for df1 as a starter be hella punishable on block so it wouldnt be an ideal starter

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
true but wouldnt going for df1 as a starter be hella punishable on block so it wouldnt be an ideal starter
Unlike Scarecrow, Blessed be his poke mixes, most D1 combo starters are A: hard to hit confirm, and B: unsafe. So if you're going for the D1 starter, unsafe is kinda given. Anyways, you could still do D1 MB F3 and catch somebody with it, just poking is enough to make someone block low.

Last edited:

Vex

Noob

I believe Blue Beetle doesn't need too much in the offense department. He's got crazy aerial frametraps. B2 DF1 or B23 or B2 bounce cancel mixups. A great hard knockdown normal that leads to a plethora of setups.

For these reasons, I don't think that giving him a low D1 is necessary. In fact, it'd probably make him OP (let's not forget he's got some great zoning that's pretty effective against a good amount of the character cast).

Vex

Noob
Now that Ive had some seat time with him.. other than fixes to weird hitbox stuff, I would really like to see less damage scaling after db1 as well.. If we were to get real luxury buffs, like, we dont need it, but wishlist style shyte.. Id like to see 21 startup a tad faster.

And of course fireball should be a mid. 13fc loops should connect midscreen. d1 should be 6f, a low, special cancel-able and + ob. Make df1 safe. Damage buff all around.

He needs it.

cough.
I mean..... I wouldn't be against it lmao.
Seriously though, making 21 have a bit less startup frames would be pretty nice.

Vex

Noob
I played against you yesterday on Ranked and you really mopped me lmao. I play poison ivy btw idk if u remember. It was fun though.
You had a cleannnnn ivy. Only thing I'd say is that you respect my pressure too much (probably don't have a lot of mu knowledge cause not many play beetle lol). A big thing to help you out next time is to challenge my F2 after you block it. It's either -2 or -4 on block so don't let me jump on you and get started with the true craziness that is blue beetle pressure :)

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
You had a cleannnnn ivy. Only thing I'd say is that you respect my pressure too much (probably don't have a lot of mu knowledge cause not many play beetle lol). A big thing to help you out next time is to challenge my F2 after you block it. It's either -2 or -4 on block so don't let me jump on you and get started with the true craziness that is blue beetle pressure :)
Thanks man. I’d like to play again to learn some more about it if we can sometime. It’s pretty hard for her considering she has mediocre air control :(