What's new

Tech Blood Ball setup

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The combo in the vid was just an example. Any starter ending in reset blood ball adds 2% to the total over 23 rd slide.

The 47% you speak of becomes 49% with blood ball reset. And it becomes 62 if blood ball hits. And if they jump and the tele hits you get 68%

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
The combo in the vid was just an example. Any starter ending in reset blood ball adds 2% to the total over 23 rd slide.

The 47% you speak of becomes 49% with blood ball reset. And it becomes 62 if blood ball hits. And if they jump and the tele hits you get 68%
Bloodball after 1,1,2 reset is guaranteed to hit before the opponent can do anything - they're still in massive recovery frames. They have to block it.

It's very good to use if it'll win you the round and you have no meter.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
If you hold down, you can make the Bloodball hit their feet, so no, I guess they wouldn't be able to duck it.
holy fucking hell! I didn't know that about the blood ball. I was kinda confused when Fly was talking about changing it's trajectory lol Wow.. that's awesome. :)

I told him to use the back jump, it's faster and this set up is obsolete as I assumed! Come on fly get test dummies our you can never be 100% sure!

I use my little bro as a test subject lol

You top players need to stop posting unreliable stuff because everyone listens to you guys, now some poor bastard has added this to his arsenal and is gonna get obliterated...... ;(

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Yes, they will get obliterated by the opponent jumping away from them. I wasn't planning on using this more than once. You should actually still be thankful for the vid because now when you see it you won't be stunned into blocking. And hell, if you expect this set up and jump back, you can still get hit from a teleport. BB isn't your only freaking option if you do the rare rushdown cancel with skarlet.

EDIT: I mean ffs the whole 1,1,2 reset into red dash mixup hardly ever fucking works, but I still use it. I even tried doing the 1,1,4 EX dagger into a second blockstring but I've been unsuccessful because everyone just crouch blocks. At least you're taking 6% of their health. Use it as a game ender.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Ok good vid. If theyjump back they cant know the trajectory of the ball. If they jump the high ball might still hit them right?

When I posted this I asked for thoughts. I didn't say LOOK AT MY NEW TECH. Lol. Calm down. In the heat of battle and like Detroit said against the wall this still works. I wish I had a test person to test this stuff but I'm stuck with NRS.

ryublaze

Noob
But if you end 1, 1, 2 in the corner you can just do 1, 1, 2 or 1, 1, 4 afterwards for 4% chip or end with Red Slide for 6% chip (or more if they don't Slide) and Blood Ball is -7 up close.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
It appears I was wrong about this being guaranteed off of a 1,1,2. I don't have anyone to test with either, I can only go by putting the AI on Jump - doing a reset combo into a neutral bloodball (not changing its trajectory) hits a large portion of the screen.

It does seem to be a pretty big risk on both ends to do a midscreen bloodball reset, which is why I have never recommended doing so.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Lol, it seems the only reliable Skarlet Reset still seems to be 112 Ex Dagger Cancel to Fuzzy Combo to RdSlide

If the Recovery Frames could take a bit longer this would be a fine tech

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Ok good vid. If theyjump back they cant know the trajectory of the ball. If they jump the high ball might still hit them right?

When I posted this I asked for thoughts. I didn't say LOOK AT MY NEW TECH. Lol. Calm down. In the heat of battle and like Detroit said against the wall this still works. I wish I had a test person to test this stuff but I'm stuck with NRS.
Your wife won't help you test stuff?

Altaire

Noob

So a couple things I didn't mention in the video...after some testing I found that 112 into blood ball is more damaging than ending the combo with 23 rd slide. It does 2% more in all situations I think.

So the plusses of this are:
1) More damage
2) space to continue zoning
3) advantage to start your zoning first
4) if you bait their attack right after the blood ball you have time to react with eh red dash up slash
5) if they don't block it you just added 15% to your combo
6) if they jump and it hits them out of the air you can land a rd slide near the wall or a teleport for added damage.

Minuses:
1) It takes 7% of your health
2) it gets rid of pressure

Thoughts?
This is my 2nd useless post, again edited by Ninj. I'm on a roll!