What's new

Tech Blood Ball setup

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

So a couple things I didn't mention in the video...after some testing I found that 112 into blood ball is more damaging than ending the combo with 23 rd slide. It does 2% more in all situations I think.

So the plusses of this are:
1) More damage
2) space to continue zoning
3) advantage to start your zoning first
4) if you bait their attack right after the blood ball you have time to react with eh red dash up slash
5) if they don't block it you just added 15% to your combo
6) if they jump and it hits them out of the air you can land a rd slide near the wall or a teleport for added damage.

Minuses:
1) It takes 7% of your health
2) it gets rid of pressure

Thoughts?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Well this didn't take long. I just read your post in the frame data section.

EDIT: if I can learn to incorporate different moves into my staple bnb's with her I can see myself doing this. I don't do 2,3 ~red dash, b2(overhead) in my combos, but it looks very promising. Currently I'm still working on the whole 1,1,4, EX dagger into another blockstring. Skarlet is coming along very well with all this stuff you guys are using. My friend and I were talking about if BB could be used in combo's and it ended with "no, its too fucking slow, maybe on knockdown". But I never gave it any more thought. Thanks for the vid man. THTB take a look.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
The positives outweigh the negatives, so I like it!

Can the opponent duck the blood ball?

Killphil

How in the hell does it change ball to all? They're both words the last time I checked. lol

Killphil

Ok, so the spacing on this seems like medium. If the ball hits them out of a jump would you have time to do a teleport stab and add a few extra % of damage? I see it being hard to hit confirm, but arguably so. I don't even know if it would work.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Ok, so the spacing on this seems like medium. If the ball hits them out of a jump would you have time to do a teleport stab and add a few extra % of damage? I see it being hard to hit confirm, but arguably so. I don't even know if it would work.
Yes it works if they jump...it is hard though.

It's easier if ydo instant air tele though

Killphil

This is character dependent though right? Its seeming like a mind game now, depending on the character. Take Subzero: You said if you don't change the trajectory it can be ducked. I wager you could probably slide it too. In a way its like a medium range vortex in that regard. Correct me if I'm wrong.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This is character dependent though right? Its seeming like a mind game now, depending on the character. Take Subzero: You said if you don't change the trajectory it can be ducked. I wager you could probably slide it too. In a way its like a medium range vortex in that regard. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes but a low blood ball will ALWAYS hit so it's not really a mix up. It will hit no matter what. Maybe I they have armor they ca get through it. But I'll trade subs one meter 12% slide for no meter 15% any day

To answer your question, no its not character dependent.

Just realized...if the trajectory of the blood ball isn't changed it can be ducked. However if you do a low blood ball, it can't be ducked or jumped.
This is exactly what I was going to say but seems its 100% but....... something tells me that you didn't test the bloodball vs Backwards diagnol jump instead you just used NJ seeing that you're doing it completely by yourself, so LMK. Secondly my thoughts on this tactic is- So 2% extra you 41% but..7% to towards yourself hmm and the advantage doesn't seem that great, its no 12% as my vision tells me and her knifes come out slower than that soooo IDK.

Conclusion: If my opponent is really at a disadvantage because of my knifes I'd use it, but I prefer her pressure game.

Yes but a low blood ball will ALWAYS hit so it's not really a mix up. It will hit no matter what. Maybe I they have armor they ca get through it. But I'll trade subs one meter 12% slide for no meter 15% any day

What about terribly low hitboxe's like mileena's?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I thought for certain this had been discussed before, but good video LOTF! You can also link Bloodball off of the first B1,1,F4 in a corner combo setup for guaranteed 6% unbreakable damage.

Killphil

Ah, I figured if you go low with the blood ball then they could jump out of it. Guess there's no reason to not go low if they can't jump out in time.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
You can try land a blood ball anytime you finish a combo from F43, you get a good space, and you can make the opponent eat the whole 15%, and if that blocks you can get another out.

Good stuff dude, glad to see you going into depth with other characters.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This is exactly what I was going to say but seems its 100% but....... something tells me that you didn't test the bloodball vs Backwards diagnol jump instead you just used NJ seeing that you're doing it completely by yourself, so LMK. Secondly my thoughts on this tactic is- So 2% extra you 41% but..7% to towards yourself hmm and the advantage doesn't seem that great, its no 12% as my vision tells me and her knifes come out slower than that soooo IDK.

Conclusion: If my opponent is really at a disadvantage because of my knifes I'd use it, but I prefer her pressure game.
They don't have that much time. I say "jump" but they don't really leave the ground. It's just considers them airborn cause it hits them the frame they leave the ground.