What's new

Video/Tutorial - Tanya Blockstring Exploit vs Tall characters (Jax)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
What if they just duck? I feel like the jump punch would at least take long enough to get to them that they could backash/armor out.
Sorry Chef, this is a jail blockstring. He might be able to duck (didn't test that) but then the Jump Punch would connect making it combo. Jax is set to do a reversal but never comes out of blockstun to do it.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Are there any hits he could take intentionally to mess up the string? Hellfire Scorp and DF Liu Kang (and I think Shinnok?) have blockstrings that jail too but if they eat certain hits they can take a knockdown and it will stuff the blockstring unless they are anticipating it.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Sorry Chef, this is a jail blockstring. He might be able to duck (didn't test that) but then the Jump Punch would connect making it combo. Jax is set to do a reversal but never comes out of blockstun to do it.
I think Chef meant ducking then armoring out.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Are there any hits he could take intentionally to mess up the string? Hellfire Scorp and DF Liu Kang (and I think Shinnok?) have blockstrings that jail too but if they eat certain hits they can take a knockdown and it will stuff the blockstring unless they are anticipating it.
Not that I've seen. If any of the hits connect, then the EX Teleport juggles them and Tanya can hit confirm into a full combo.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Someone did it on me last night in ranked ( played as quan) . After a few tries I did uppercut him :p Dunno if there is hole in it or he mistimed it

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
When I went in the lab I set my dummy as takeda and had him reversal ex fist flurry in the corner. Fist flurry actually ate the hit and beat me out. Now I only tested this a bit but with that in mind I tried 112 ~EX teleport, you hit their body hang in the air a bit throw out a air normal and teleport forward in the air. The reversal comes out leaves you in the air to drop down with a jip combo starter. It does place you in the corner so be sure to get a meaty hit confirm. I'll lab this later. Btw I'd love to start sharing video with you guys. What's the easiest way to share video on TYM?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Yeah I still feel like you should be able to crouch, which would cause the punch to land a few frames later, then reversal backdash/armor, because a few frames extra and en teleport doesn't jail into jump punch.

skater11

The saltiest
I believe it would be best to try it on a Level:very hard CPU and see if he does anything to get out since they can be frame perfect. Though, the cpu might simply let go of block after a while. So idk. Maybe this reversal test is enough, who knows.