What's new

Blazblue Discussion Thread

Amadeous

Noob
It's harder than P4 but easier than Guilty Gear. P4 takes from Guilty Gear more than it does Blazblue.

Blazblue is about big flashy combos, although there are 3 solid zoners.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I've heard alot of good things about the game just never tried to play it. I'll look to see if psn has a demo if i pick the game up i'll hit you up for some games.

Amadeous

Noob
Make sure to get the newest one

Blazblue Continuum Shift extend (Super Blazblue 2).

Although Blazblue Chrono Phantasma (Blazblue 3) is going to release this year so that's your call.

PureYeti

Living in poverty cave
Only access for BB I have is through the psp. My area are hosting their first ranbat for P4A, GG, and BB coming up

Amadeous

Noob
That's sweet. I wanted to host a tournament in the Rio Grande Valley but there isn't a lot going on down here. I probably know every Blazblue player in my area by name.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Yeah I play on PSN, Amadeous313.

I derped and created another blazblue thread thinking it would make a subforum, just use that one.
Cant find the other thread.
I hated P4A so what are the chances I will like BBCP(if it ever comes out outside Japan)?
I ask because I'm interested in the 2 new characters Terumi and Mutsuki.
P.S. I LOVE GG!

Amadeous

Noob
P4A was no where near as good as Blazblue.

I'm in love with Blazblue and I thought P4A was only mediocre.

Here is some gameplay if you want to check it out.

CCVengeance

P4A was no where near as good as Blazblue.

I'm in love with Blazblue and I thought P4A was only mediocre.

Here is some gameplay if you want to check it out.

It is to my understanding that BB is similar to Injustice in that there are 3 attack bottoms and a "special ability" bottom?

Amadeous

Noob
Yes, however the drive button is more used in combos where as in Injustice it is more of a "Buff".

The drives to Different things.

Rachel summons wind (Drive + direction) that will push her and her projectiles in different directions and allow for mixups.

Carl Holds the drive button to control another character (he's tricky to use)

Valk turns into a wolf and has a very combo heavy and mixup drive. Every character feels like a different game almost.

CCVengeance

Yes, however the drive button is more used in combos where as in Injustice it is more of a "Buff".

The drives to Different things.

Rachel summons wind (Drive + direction) that will push her and her projectiles in different directions and allow for mixups.

Carl Holds the drive button to control another character (he's tricky to use)

Valk turns into a wolf and has a very combo heavy and mixup drive. Every character feels like a different game almost.
I see...sounds super complicated but I cant deny I am at least interested in the characters and the bits I have seen from story were good.Will follow this game since I think it's the only other major FG in the horizon.
A couple of questions if you dont mind:
-Any character similar to Anji Mito?Slayer?
-Any BlazBlue weekly streams(preferbly in English)?
-One of my main issues with P4A is that the range on some moves was atroucious.Is the poke game in BB the same?
-Will this be the last BlazBlue?
-How hard is the game for scrubs to get into competetively?And on that note how is the BB scene in America?
-To play anime games do you have to like anime?Because I dont.

Amadeous

Noob
1. In my experience with guilty gear I've never touched Anji. Valk's movest is very similar to Slayer's when he is in human form however. He would be a nice transition.

2. Go on this website http://www.dustloop.com/forums/content.php This is the Test Your Might of ASW games. plenty of people do strams on there.

3. The poke game is better in Blazblue. Valk has amazing pokes you would like him.

4. No, the creator confirmed another installment after. This game is the primier fighter in Japan so it isn't ending anytime soon.

5. I won't lie, this is a hard game. I would recommend starting out with Ragna and playing a tutorial. There is also a challenge mode to help with combos along your journey.

6. No, actually Blazblue got me into anime, not vice versa.

CCVengeance

1. In my experience with guilty gear I've never touched Anji. Valk's movest is very similar to Slayer's when he is in human form however. He would be a nice transition.

2. Go on this website http://www.dustloop.com/forums/content.php This is the Test Your Might of ASW games. plenty of people do strams on there.

3. The poke game is better in Blazblue. Valk has amazing pokes you would like him.

4. No, the creator confirmed another installment after. This game is the primier fighter in Japan so it isn't ending anytime soon.

5. I won't lie, this is a hard game. I would recommend starting out with Ragna and playing a tutorial. There is also a challenge mode to help with combos along your journey.

6. No, actually Blazblue got me into anime, not vice versa.
Thanks for the info.Also,you should change the name of the thread to BB general discussion or something.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Sadly I dont have any mod powers on this part of TYM. Im just a mod for Injustice so my edit options don't appear here.

Smarrgasm could you change the title of this thread into "Blaz Blue General Discussion Thread" for them?
It'd be pretty cool to have a BB thread here. Lots of cool stuff in that game like Tager's gimmick and Carl Clover's puppets. Plus maybe I can finally figure out what the hell is going on in the story since I only bought the first one before it super turbo-ed me so often I ran.

Amadeous

Noob
Oh well I guess. I'll play any of you if ya add me. Might be rusty for a bit though as it has been a while. Will get pumped again upon CP's release.

Amadeous

Noob
5 threads= 2 pages. Lol we are hipsters.

Anyway did anyone else read up on the story? It is really good, especially for a fighter. Kinda complicated too.

CCVengeance

5 threads= 2 pages. Lol we are hipsters.

Anyway did anyone else read up on the story? It is really good, especially for a fighter. Kinda complicated too.
Okay this si what I understand from the story......

MAJORS SPOILERS INCOMING:

Ragna blah blah blah he is the dark beast.Hakumen is Jin.The bad guy is Saya.Ragna is in to young girls.

Amadeous

Noob
No.

There are many alternate time loops and Continuum Shifts. The tragedy with Arakune and the dynamic between Carl and Relius Clover is intriguing. Also interested to see if Rachel and Ragna will ever kiss.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yeah it is hard as hell, had to drop it because I didnt have the time to put into it. Very fun to watch though.

CCVengeance

No.

There are many alternate time loops and Continuum Shifts. The tragedy with Arakune and the dynamic between Carl and Relius Clover is intriguing. Also interested to see if Rachel and Ragna will ever kiss.
Oh please enlighten me Ama-sensei.
Also I've read Terumi has more DDs(supers?) than Specials so people are saying he is the boss and most likely wont be tourny legal.Sucks if true since his design is what drew me in(Dat hood tier).

Amadeous

Noob
Another reason I'm going to pick CP up and buy all the DLC.

I have faith in ASW because they care about us (people who play or train to play the game competitively.).

I say this because of the new game from NRS named Injustice gods among us. They are nerfing my favorite character Deathstroke to crap because casuals have a rough time with him. No complaints from tourney players.

I sat and thought "ASW would never do that to me." If they were like NRS Arakune would be very impractical for tournament play and Tager would be even weaker.

I just wish ASW was a physicl entity that I could give a big hug to for always being there for me.

That is another reason I will pick up Blazblue CP.