What's new

Black Canary Revealed for Injustice 2!

Such a boring character with a boring powerset turned into a boring moveset. OMG they could have chosen much more distinct characters. I mean besides screaming it is just another super agile chick, most of that moveset could have been added to any female character in DC + some other powers... Oh and guess what kryptonians can creat super powerful sonic screams, even more powerful than Canary herself, I mean Super Girl could have done all that + all the shit she already has.
Even if we consider her fanbase because of the arrow show, NRS should have then made her more distinguishable in her moveset.
That moveset wouldn't fit Supergirl at all. Super girl is a brawler not a martial artist or an acrobat.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I honestly didn't know so many of you had the game. Well while you're at it can you tell us if swamp thing,vixen,raven,and fate are in the game as well? Since you know that she's basically a Sonya copy and demo all over again. Also are the frames on the scream bomb plus 34+? I need to know dammit! Lol

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I honestly didn't know so many of you had the game. Well while you're at it can you tell us if swamp thing,vixen,raven,and fate are in the game as well? Since you know that she's basically a Sonya copy and demo all over again. Also are the frames on the scream bomb plus 34+? I need to know dammit! Lol
Swamp Thing and Fate yes, Vixen and Raven no. She does not play 100% like Sonya but has a lot of similarities, and her scream bomb is +12

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Shes got the grenade and counters plus what seems like decent startup frames on strings, a juggle state inducing double kick that can AA and potentially her front flip may be projectile immune at best and able to travel half screen and go under projectiles if timed right at worst.

She may seem dull since she's not puking lava or shooting Tornadoes like the rest but shes got some damned fine tools to work with there.

I bet ending combos with grenade roll and charging Canary Cry will result in some fun Oki.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
That was pretty underwhelming. It's like they ran out of ideas or development concept for the character. From all the hype I kept hearing of her from the first game and the show the trailer was "meh."

Lo0py

Noob
They changed Deadshot's voice actor? Rest in peace the better one. Glad she made it although not too blown away by her thus far, very ehh.
Ikr? The previous one was actually godlike.. :/

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Cassie Canary Konfirmed

You can't really judge how boring or exciting a character's gameplay is from a reveal trailer -- I can think of several characters in the past whos reveal trailers didn't really reflect their actual playstyle at all (including the most famous example, IGAU Superman).

Have to get your hands on her and figure out how best to use her kit. Could end up being more interesting than you think.

That moveset wouldn't fit Supergirl at all. Super girl is a brawler not a martial artist or an acrobat.
Well, I get that this moveset wouldn't fit her persanality entirely, but technically Kryptonian reflexes, stamina, agility and speed are far superior to even finest human athletes under the yellow sun , so in a physical way she can absolutely do all that and more. And even if we talk more or less normal humans not super space gods- batgirl, catwoman or Harley Queen could all do any of this stuff...I am glad about the poison Ivy being in for example because I know she is unique,
Maybe this is just personal preferance and I am salty that she is taking the spot of some of my favorites. Sorry)

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I'm curious what some were expecting from Black Canary? She's martial artist with a sonic scream. Her gameplay looks exactly like what I was expecting & hoping for since INJ1. I think NRS did great. In a game where most characters are going have over the top movesets, it's nice to have at least one that's more grounded.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I know I'm going to catch a lot of slack for this but I'm extremely disappointed with nrs lack of imagination for all the characters move set.

Literally every single character has reused character movesets from passed games.

When injustice 1 came out, they had really cool new character core movesets designs such as: lex luthor/ bane/ grundy/ Harley/ Etc and were completely different from anything in mk9.

Mkx was a bit more stale but at least had the variation system. I know we haven't even seen half of the characters but literally everything up till now looks reused

Cassie Canary Konfirmed

You can't really judge how boring or exciting a character's gameplay is from a reveal trailer -- I can think of several characters in the past whos reveal trailers didn't really reflect their actual playstyle at all (including the most famous example, IGAU Superman).

Have to get your hands on her and figure out how best to use her kit. Could end up being more interesting than you think.
I am saying it is boring strictly from a visual stand point and strictly in my personal opinion as a DC fan looking at a game with "larger than life" style of fighting. it is too early to discuss anything else.